Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello! I'm having a problem with the trigger feedback, it seems that it is not working... I'm using a Xbox Series controller and even when I pull the live graphs, the relative front slip doesn't even move even when hard breaking without ABS.

Is it perhaps an installation error? View attachment 714342

Edit: Yes, I've confirmed that steam input is disabled and that the configuration of left and right trigger feedback is at 100% ... still no trigger feedback.

Edit: SOLUTION FOUND! I was using CSP preview version 1.80. I updated to version 2.0 and it started working =)

Yeah at the moment it's only intended for CSP 0.2, but I might try to add backwards compatibility for 0.1.79+ when I have time. No promises though.

Last edited:
adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.4

• Added a new setting called "Target slip angle" that adjusts the overall amount of steering
  • Changed how the ideal slip angle is calculated so it accounts for vertical load much better than before, meaning the steering angle will be much more optimal in high-downforce cars as well as over elevation changes like Eau Rouge on Spa
  • Changed how the self-steer force is calculated by making it based on the velocity of the rear axle
  • Reduced the effectiveness of the "Damping" setting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hello I don't know why by doing your update (1.4) I can no longer open the app settings I think I still have the controls active but no longer any view of the settings the windows still (advanced gamepad assist is currently not enabled!)

Last edited:
hello I don't know why by doing your update (1.4) I can no longer open the app settings I think I still have the controls active but no longer any view of the settings the windows still (advanced gamepad assist is currently not enabled!)

Have you copied the folders manually? Dropping the zip in Content Manager doesn't update it right. Also, are you on CSP 0.2.0 / 0.2.1?

adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.4.1

• Changed how the steering limit is calculated when turning inwards during a slide by adjusting how the limit reduction works
  • Renamed the "Dynamic limit reduction" setting to "Max dynamic limit reduction" to reflect the changes made to it
  • Reduced the stutters that could occur in the steering during direction changes
  • Made the "Steering rate at speed" setting affect the re-centering rate in a more correct way
  • Fixed an issue that caused the steering to re-center slower than...

Read the rest of this update entry...

can you add some sort of sudo clutch axis and bind it to L1
currently there is no way to clutch kick or clutch at all on the controler
example press L1: clutch down 15ms > release L1 Clutch Up 20Ms

this has got me playing ac again THANK YOU

Last edited:
can you add some sort of sudo clutch axis and bind it to L1
currently there is no way to clutch kick or clutch at all on the controler
example press L1: clutch down 15ms > release L1 Clutch Up 20Ms

this has got me playing ac again THANK YOU

I think you're doing something wrong, I've been using the clutch just fine. Maybe you have to launch the base game from Steam and set the clutch bind there. I've had problems before trying to set binds in CSP, it doesn't always work.

Last edited:
I think you're doing something wrong, I've been using the clutch just fine. Maybe you have to launch the base game from Steam and set the clutch bind there. I've had problems before trying to set binds in CSP, it doesn't always work.
as far as I am aware there is no way to bind the clutch to a non-analog axis
neither content manager nor the vanilla base game options even list the ablity to bind clutch to a on/off button

Last edited:
as far as I am aware there is no way to bind the clutch to a non-analog axis
neither content manager nor the vanilla base game options even list the ablity to bind clutch to a on/off button

Screenshot 2023-12-21 074512.png

Please do it in the next update so that traction control and abs work on the gamepad, so that it is easier for beginners to learn how to drive a car

If you mean the keyboard throttle and brake helpers, those are only there to make up for the lack of analog input, because many cars would be basically undriveable on keyboard otherwise. But those helpers would be way too overpowered on a controller. Think about someone joining a race lobby that has old cars with no ABS or TCS, but the person using the assist would still basically get them. That would be a pretty unfair race.

Hi, great mod there! Now I can easily play MW's map in AC!;)
May I ask if gyrosteer support of this plug like PS5 gamepad will be possible? it's bit shame that I have to change script for Dualsense support...
Anyway, this is already the game changer for AC community, cheers!

Last edited:
Hi, great mod there! Now I can easily play MW's map in AC!;)
May I ask if gyrosteer support of this plug like PS5 gamepad will be possible? it's bit shame that I have to change script for Dualsense support...
Anyway, this is already the game changer for AC community, cheers!

Thanks, but I don't have a Dualsense and I don't wanna make things I can't test myself.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 82 90.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.9%