Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.4.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
adam10603 submitted a new resource:

Advanced Gamepad Assist - A highly customizable steering assist for controllers.

AiZvIHx.png

Advanced Gamepad Assist

This mod provides a highly customizable input processing system for controllers. It's suitable for all driving styles including racing, drifting etc., and it's recommended to anyone on a controller regardless of skill level.

Main features:
  • Accurate steering limit, based on optimal slip angles...

Read more about this resource...

I'm stupid, can you please make a video how to install it correctly, I've been sitting for an hour and I can't, please really want to try

adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.1

• Added support for keyboard driving
  • Added an extra graph to the UI app that shows the dynamic steering limit reduction
  • Improved the reliability of the steering calibration
  • Improved error messages regarding the steering calibration
  • Made the steering aim for a slightly higher average slip angle to be on the safe side of the traction curve
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the steering to glitch out when hitting a wall at high speed
  • Fixed an issue that prevented graphs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for Very nice script! But I think it missed an important feature which is "saving a preset".It is totally different experences and logic when grip&slide in a touge or drifting wdts even vdc.Switching different setting for grip&drifting usually takes a"long" time and after 2 days playing,I have already forgot my previous setting.

Thanks for Very nice script! But I think it missed an important feature which is "saving a preset".It is totally different experences and logic when grip&slide in a touge or drifting wdts even vdc.Switching different setting for grip&drifting usually takes a"long" time and after 2 days playing,I have already forgot my previous setting.

Yeah, I was thinking about adding presets at some point, but I thought getting the mod out first was more important. I made a very similar mod for BeamNG.drive before, and that one has presets, so I might do the same here too.

But tbh I find that similar settings can work fine for both grip and drift with this assist, so I didnt't think presets were a must on day 1. But I might add them still.

Last edited:
adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.1.3

• Made the "Graphs" setting in the UI app save its state, just like the other settings
  • Decreased the effectiveness of manual countersteering as it was too twitchy at times (but you can still increase it with the "Countersteer response" setting)
  • Changed the default value of "Steering assistance" from 40% to 60%
  • Small tweaks to how some forces are calculated

Read the rest of this update entry...

So I did the everything you said in the readme. using paid version of cm and installed using Mods folder. Activated the gamepad script. And nothing worked. I tried different script but looks like the Gamepad FX doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So I installed keyboard Splitter and it worked. Why the hell Gamepad FX not work with Keyboard without any emulation

Last edited:
So I did the everything you said in the readme. using paid version of cm and installed using Mods folder. Activated the gamepad script. And nothing worked. I tried different script but looks like the Gamepad FX doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: So I installed keyboard Splitter and it worked. Why the hell Gamepad FX not work with Keyboard without any emulation

It supports keyboard, but you have to select gamepad as the input method in the control settings, and then check "Combine with keyboard". Then in the UI app you also have to enable keyboard input. Maybe you didn't do one of those 3?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea