Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
For some reason whenever I start a session with the assist on the app insists on saying the assist is not active... Weird
Do you have the input method set to gamepad in the settings? Gamepad FX scripts only work with that option.
Also, check if Gamepad FX is enabled and the if right script is selected.

Last edited:
Do you have the input method set to gamepad in the settings? Gamepad FX scripts only work with that option.
Also, check if Gamepad FX is enabled and the if right script is selected.
I said the assist is on

That includes gamepadfx

And i'm using gamepad

Last edited:
Hi, this is just a terrific mod, thanks to the author for his work. there are some difficulties in setting up the script, I'm trying to make the control was very viscous and at the same time sensitive to speed. but at the same time I can not achieve a smooth rotation of the steering wheel. when driving from the cockpit it is very annoying, do not want jerky movements. I tried to change some of the values in the script itself, but apparently I do it in the wrong place or wrong. it is interested in smoothing for steering, while the sensitivity to speed is set to maximum. Too low general steering angle (1-2%) makes the car overly viscous. any chance to fix this, or update, or tell me personally where and how I can change the formula in .lua script? thanks in advance for the reply.

Hi, this is just a terrific mod, thanks to the author for his work. there are some difficulties in setting up the script, I'm trying to make the control was very viscous and at the same time sensitive to speed. but at the same time I can not achieve a smooth rotation of the steering wheel. when driving from the cockpit it is very annoying, do not want jerky movements. I tried to change some of the values in the script itself, but apparently I do it in the wrong place or wrong. it is interested in smoothing for steering, while the sensitivity to speed is set to maximum. Too low general steering angle (1-2%) makes the car overly viscous. any chance to fix this, or update, or tell me personally where and how I can change the formula in .lua script? thanks in advance for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean. If the steering is too sensitive near the center, then increase the steering gamma in AC's control settings. Also check if your deadzone is correct.

Last edited:
I managed to install the app, but the rumble/FFB is minimal whereas in AC i set the rumble effect to 100%. I get no rumble when braking or accelerating and turning in corners.

I managed to install the app, but the rumble/FFB is minimal whereas in AC i set the rumble effect to 100%. I get no rumble when braking or accelerating and turning in corners.
Yeah I play without rumble, so I never tested that. But I'll look into it for the next update.

Last edited:
Thanks for Very nice script! But I think it missed an important feature which is "saving a preset".It is totally different experences and logic when grip&slide in a touge or drifting wdts even vdc.Switching different setting for grip&drifting usually takes a"long" time and after 2 days playing,I have already forgot my previous setting.
What settings , or values do you use personally for drifting ? I’m still trying to figure out what to change for drifting on controller. I’ve stuck to the default 60% steering assistance and 60% Steering rate. I’ve been so accustomed to that A7-assist script that gave drifting a carx feeling but I love this one and I wanna get used to it for drifting and props to the creator of this mod for his hard work. I just wanna get a baseline on settings and values for the UI app to work on for drifting.

Last edited:
What settings , or values do you use personally for drifting ? I’m still trying to figure out what to change for drifting on controller. I’ve stuck to the default 60% steering assistance and 60% Steering rate. I’ve been so accustomed to that A7-assist script that gave drifting a carx feeling but I love this one and I wanna get used to it for drifting and props to the creator of this mod for his hard work. I just wanna get a baseline on settings and values for the UI app to work on for drifting.

That depends on how you want it to affect drifting, everyone's tastes are different. But there's a way to turn it into a full drift assist kind of thing, which I know some people like. Basically just crank the "Max angle" setting to 90°, then increase "Countersteer response" a bit, and also give it more "Damping" than usual.
After that, you should tweak the "Response" setting. If the car doesn't drift enough then decrease it, or if it spins out too easily then increase it. There should be a sweet spot where the assist will hold a drift for you without any input, and you only have to steer for course corrections or direction changes.

Last edited:
Would there be any way to reduce overall sensitivity for the first 10-15% of steering input? Similar to the gamma setting, but without reducing sensitivity for the rest of the input range. With 100% gamma I feel like that first part of the steering curve is too overly sensitive, but the rest is fine, making small adjustments really hard, but If I increase the gamma slider to around 135% I already feel as if the rest of the input range is jerky and skipping... Just make that initial curve slightly sticky/resistant, as to make those small steer inputs at high speeds more precise.

Excellent assist, so far the best one in Racedep for me.

Would there be any way to reduce overall sensitivity for the first 10-15% of steering input? Similar to the gamma setting, but without reducing sensitivity for the rest of the input range. With 100% gamma I feel like that first part of the steering curve is too overly sensitive, but the rest is fine, making small adjustments really hard, but If I increase the gamma slider to around 135% I already feel as if the rest of the input range is jerky and skipping... Just make that initial curve slightly sticky/resistant, as to make those small steer inputs at high speeds more precise.

Excellent assist, so far the best one in Racedep for me.
Try reducing steering rate at speed, gives you a lot of precision at higher rate of speed without exccess; also crank that damping up:
1694137181742.png

P.S.: Best use linear gamma on both Steam and in AC; it gives you much more control,but that only IMO.

Last edited:
I haven't had issues with the steering curve so far, but I'll look into it. Personally I use >100% gamma in AC, but I can't remember the exact setting now.
I haven't had much time to work on the assist lately, but I'll try to address everything that was brought up here in the next update.
Soon(tm)

@adam10603

So I have spent a couple of months now using exclusively your app and here are a couple of recommendations/requests for the next release:
Similar to response curve can we get a gamma and steering speed curves bettween slow driving and fast driving? I know you are trying to keep it nice and neat without overwhelming the user, but these two curves will allow for so much more flexibility...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%