Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, I love this app and script. Best I've used hands down. So, thank you. I was wondering if you could add AutoClutch and AutoBlip to this script, like PAD-X does? I wasn't a fan of PAD-X, but it is a real life saver in multiplayer where the server disables all assists. Also, some mod cars don't have it properly set up by default and this would solve that problem as well. But again, thanks for your work. This has allowed me to play AC when my lungs are flaring up.

Hey, I love this app and script. Best I've used hands down. So, thank you. I was wondering if you could add AutoClutch and AutoBlip to this script, like PAD-X does? I wasn't a fan of PAD-X, but it is a real life saver in multiplayer where the server disables all assists. Also, some mod cars don't have it properly set up by default and this would solve that problem as well. But again, thanks for your work. This has allowed me to play AC when my lungs are flaring up.

I want to keep this mod focused on steering as much as I can, but I noticed that there is a bug where if you have a keybind set for the clutch, the auto clutch doesn't work properly. So if you stop the car in gear, the engine just stalls. But if you remove your clutch keybind then the auto clutch works correctly. As much as I don't want to mess with inputs other than steering, I might add a fix for this because it's an annoying bug.

Hi, I use your script and I think the default settings are OK for prototypes. However, for GTs I feel some understeering. What should I change in the settings to fix this? It's mainly when exiting corners. Thanks.

Hi, I use your script and I think the default settings are OK for prototypes. However, for GTs I feel some understeering. What should I change in the settings to fix this? It's mainly when exiting corners. Thanks.

If you feel like you want to steer more, then decrese the dynamic limit reduction setting. That will let you steer more than what should be ideal, but some people prefer that.
Also you could decrease the self-steer by reducing the response and max angle settings. That will also make the car more oversteery, as the assist won't catch slides as much for you.

Last edited:
Please help, I tried everything.

I have CSP 1.8.0
I use Xbox gamepad
Gampad input in settings on
Gamepad FX Active and the right script on
If I press enable nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Second gamepad fx should be enabled too. It works now. Thank you for this great mod!

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-10-12 022355.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-10-12 022355.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Снимок экрана 2023-10-12 022931.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-10-12 022931.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

I have CSP 1.8.0
I use Xbox gamepad

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Second gamepad fx should be enabled too. It works now. Thank you for this great mod!

Keep in mind I don't have access to CSP 0.1.80 so I can't guarantee that everything will work with that.

I have CSP 1.8.0
I use Xbox gamepad

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
You need to disable and then delete the other GamepadFX. It's under Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension. Delete "joypad_assist.ini". There might be one in steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg\extension as well.

I'm new to the game, what controller settings should I use ingame with this? I mean Gamma, Deadzone and Rumble. I use a ps4 controller.

None of these are specific to my mod, you can set them however you want. But I'll explain them just in case.
Gamma is preference, but mine is 140%. Higher means you get less steering near the center.
Deadzone depends on the controller and how worn the sticks are, it's there to avoid stick drift steering the car by itself. Maybe start around 10% and lower it until you barely have to move the stick to start turning, but not so much that the car turns by itself when you let go. You can go into first person and look at the steering wheel for this.
Rumble is preference again, I don't use any but some people like it.

Last edited:
None of these are specific to my mod, you can set them however you want. But I'll explain them just in case.
Gamma is preference, but mine is 140%. Higher means you get less steering near the center.
Deadzone depends on the controller and how worn the sticks are, it's there to avoid stick drift steering the car by itself. Maybe start around 10% and lower it until you barely have to move the stick to start turning, but not so much that the car turns by itself when you let go. You can go into first person and look at the steering wheel for this.
Rumble is preference again, I don't use any but some people like it.
Thanks a lot for the fast answer!

Your app is certainly the best apps for gamepad users. Great work which allows gamepad users to not only play AC but, need some fixes, for some reason the auto clutch stop working with this app, you can see when the clutch stop working after in game calibration.

Your app is certainly the best apps for gamepad users. Great work which allows gamepad users to not only play AC but, need some fixes, for some reason the auto clutch stop working with this app, you can see when the clutch stop working after in game calibration.
If you use the controller tweaks, and assign a clutch button, and then unnassign, it'll start working again. CSP 442 has Clutch related mention in the changelog btw. Don't know if it solves it.

It's not related to my mod, just a bug when you have a clutch bind as far as I know.

Fantastic app ! Thank you

What steering wheel limit should I use ? Mine is set at 180° but couldn't remember what was the default value ? Should I keep 180° or bringing it back to stock ?

adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.2

• Added the ability to save settings to presets
  • Included a few different factory presets to start out with
  • The steering speed now becomes more and more asymmetric (faster towards the center) as the "Steering rate" setting is lowered below 50%, which makes slower steering rates much more usable
  • Slightly decreased the effectiveness of manual countersteering near the center, which makes it a bit less likely to overcorrect a slide

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%