X-Motor Racing

Hi Eugene,

First I hope you will take my observations as constructive, and as I don't have any knowledge of car physics and engineering, they come only from comparing with other sims out there...

1) the game is a resource hog. My video cart is not the high end (GeForce 9600GT) but the mother board and processor are very ok. (Intel E8500 dual core 2 3.16Ghz). I can play it only on the medium video settings. What is eating more, the physics engine or the video?

2) Should driving with all assists off be that difficult? On the Donington slope, on all cars, FWD or RWD, I cant go above 60-70 kph unless I want the ass of the car slide away uncontrollably (I'm using the G25 and although I try to be as gentle as possible with the controller, no success). Do I have to tweak something more on the car settings? (using the base setups). I'm thinking of other sims that have this track... are they cheating or smth at the no assist settings?

3) And there is a bit of a problem with the sensitivity setting with my G25...the car reacts too strongly to the steering wheel although I minimized the sensitivity. On the other hand the throttle has to be floored;

4) More racing tracks like the donington would be welcome..:)

5) pls allow manual engine start during hotlap countdown.

6) A more detailed physics parametrisation manual is very needed even for ones like me that prefer mostly using existing setups ...

7) more car setups would be also welcome...maybe to simulate various car models in their category...

Thanks.

Hi Eugene,

First I hope you will take my observations as constructive, and as I don't have any knowledge of car physics and engineering, they come only from comparing with other sims out there...
Hi andy4trance, sure I accept any observations and remarks and I try to consider all them.

1) the game is a resource hog. My video cart is not the high end (GeForce 9600GT) but the mother board and processor are very ok. (Intel E8500 dual core 2 3.16Ghz). I can play it only on the medium video settings. What is eating more, the physics engine or the video?
It requires more video resources especially on old tracks like Rialto, Corona etc.
Donington Park and NHIS are quite fast tracks.
9600GT is quite performance video card maybe it’s because of drivers troubles.
I test it on Radeon mainly.

2) Should driving with all assists off be that difficult? On the Donington slope, on all cars, FWD or RWD, I cant go above 60-70 kph unless I want the ass of the car slide away uncontrollably (I'm using the G25 and although I try to be as gentle as possible with the controller, no success). Do I have to tweak something more on the car settings? (using the base setups). I'm thinking of other sims that have this track... are they cheating or smth at the no assist settings?
Sure, it’s more difficult drive without assists. If you want more controllable driving:
1. Decrease engine power (torque curve) in VehiclePhysics.
2. Add more understeer by tire model and/or Anti-Roll bar stiffness. To add more understeer the front Anti-Roll bar Stiffness must be more than rear one.
For example Front Anti-Roll bar is 45000 and the Rear Anti-Roll bar is 15000.
In this case the car must be more understeer.
Tire model is more complex way that allows tweaking Cornering properties on SlipAngles/Slip.
3. Tweak steering system and toe angles.
4. Tweak stability control in Brakes Page of the VehiclePhysics utility.
I can’t say regarding other sims because I don’t know their physics implementation.

3) And there is a bit of a problem with the sensitivity setting with my G25...the car reacts too strongly to the steering wheel although I minimized the sensitivity. On the other hand the throttle has to be floored;
I can’t get G25 yet to test it but I think you should maximize AXIS SENSITIVITY and tweak TURN COMPENSATION parameter in FF/ZONES menu and steering system of the vehicle.

4) More racing tracks like the donington would be welcome..:)
Your wishlist, please :)

5) pls allow manual engine start during hotlap countdown.
All-right.

6) A more detailed physics parametrisation manual is very needed even for ones like me that prefer mostly using existing setups ...
It will take lots of time because I think it have to include some vehicle physics sections to explain it more carefully.

7) more car setups would be also welcome...maybe to simulate various car models in their category...

Thanks.
We will include new cars step by step from this list at first:
http://www.xmotorracing.com/vote2/results.php

• Fresh

Surprised, I never heard of this earlier, looks to have lots of potential. The editor is funny to play with it as well.

The physics were too good. There was no mechanical damage on the vehicles. Steering was quite fine.

Hi there,

How's the develping going? :)

I had some time to play with the game a bit. Here are some of the issues (at least what I think there are issues) ot things I would care for being adjusted:
1) there sould be an option for music to be on only in menus and repalys;
2) the sound of the engines is weird at least on my comp. I don't care for the sound to imitate the Octavia or A4, but often it sounds like 2 sound samples detuned. It also seems to come with a lag from the time I push the pedal.
3) The door slapping sound in the menu should be allowed to be switched off;
4) if I change the camera in the replays, it chages the camera in the driving mode, it shouldnt be like that; also some view modes in the replays seem weird - like the still tv type camera that does not swich to the next closest one
5) driving on the grass seems too smooth (at least at Donington);
6) I know you already mentioned the fact that you didn't test it on G25, but here are some things I felt wrong: - there seems to be a deadzone on the wheel even if I set it to 0 in the options; - same with the pedals;(actually the best way to use it for me is minimum sensitivity and minimum compensation)
Now to physics:
7) Please, use the advantage of the game huge customisation options to create various tyre models, car setups models, etc. (I don't care for the design, you could use a BMW setup on the A4)
8) can you add some friction sensation in the wheel (smth like in iRacing) because it feels way too light sometimes;
9) It would be nice to add racing tracks like D-park (Anything from Nurburgring to Monza etc. )
10) I would like to see other series cars (I know that preferences vary here);

Thanks

• Barbapoil

dsc_1877.jpg

The competition was held at the begining of the month and altough the MHRT car did not win this year, it managed to finish 4th overall, despite many problems. The main concern came from the gas engine that caused a lack of power and overheating, wich proved a serious issue in the endurance race, since it prevented the batteries to be recharged.

The good side is that the simulations that we ran on XMR proved good and the drivetrain selected made a big improvement in both acceleration and top speed, especially acceleration at high speed.

If you want a detailed report of the race, visit the link below.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/0...lls-short-in-bid-for-formula-hybrid-three-pe/

Hi there,
How's the develping going? :)
Everything is fine.
Now we work on the multiplayer improvements and online supporting.

I had some time to play with the game a bit. Here are some of the issues (at least what I think there are issues) ot things I would care for being adjusted:
1) there sould be an option for music to be on only in menus and repalys;
Do you mean to separate music options for the game and menus and replays?

2) the sound of the engines is weird at least on my comp. I don't care for the sound to imitate the Octavia or A4, but often it sounds like 2 sound samples detuned. It also seems to come with a lag from the time I push the pedal.
The lag is possible. It depends on sound options like RPM LIMIT, DADE DELAY, VO LIMIT and FREQ LIMIT. To find more information about these settings please refer to the manual (page 22).

6) I know you already mentioned the fact that you didn't test it on G25, but here are some things I felt wrong: - there seems to be a deadzone on the wheel even if I set it to 0 in the options; - same with the pedals;(actually the best way to use it for me is minimum sensitivity and minimum compensation)
Hmm, there won’t be a deadzone when it’s at 0.

Now to physics:
7) Please, use the advantage of the game huge customisation options to create various tyre models, car setups models, etc. (I don't care for the design, you could use a BMW setup on the A4)
8) can you add some friction sensation in the wheel (smth like in iRacing) because it feels way too light sometimes;
9) It would be nice to add racing tracks like D-park (Anything from Nurburgring to Monza etc. )
10) I would like to see other series cars (I know that preferences vary here);
It’s quite possible.
We’ll try to include some of it in the next version..

• jwinch

I am interested in buying this game because it says you can go off roading? can you tell me anything more about that? and vehicles for it???

Off-road is a trial racing in the current version. It includes 6 off-road tracks and one of that track is available for multiplayer. The rest aren’t available for multiplayer because they have too arrow rut. I can’t say that they are true Mudding and Rock Crawling. Some of them are very simple like village road and some difficult to traverse like La Habra. It has difficult and deep rut.
Current version doesn’t include real 4x4 vehicles like Jeep Wrangles. All 4x4 vehicles are based on this list.
I know It seems strange but now we must focus on physics engine, multiplayer and tools. After that we can easily add new cars and tracks.

• -scavv-

Hi, I understand that TripleHead2Go is "not supported yet", and I'd like to stress out the fact that it's probably very easy to add this feature.

XMR supports widescreen displays flawlessly. The wider your screen, the more stuff you see on the sides, which is exactly how it should be. Great stuff ! :party2:

Top:1024x768 (4:3) Bottom: 1360x768 (16:9)
xmotorracing20090602165.jpg

xmotorracing20090602170.jpg

Unfortunately the game options are still limited to the most common (single-screen) resolutions, and that's the only reason why TripleHead2Go is unsupported at the moment. All that's needed is the possibility to select non-standard resolutions - the 'auto' value for the aspect ratio should take care of the rest, thus allowing users to enjoy XMR in "surround gaming" !

I see various ways to achieve this :
-let the game detect and use all available resolutions on the system.
-tell the game to use the desktop's resolution by default.
-allow users to manually enter their desired resolution, either in the options menu or in a config file.

Please let me know what you think. Needless to say, TripleHead support would be a definite incentive for me to purchase a XMR license :skywalker:

Regards from France,

-scavv-

Thank you for the hints.
I tried to implement that you suggested.
I don’t have TripleHead2Go to test it but you can download and test prerelease demo version 1.13 that allows select any available resolutions.
You can turn on “All resolutions” on XMR Launcher or SCREEN menu in the game.

• -scavv-

Bingo ! :dance2:
xmotorracing20090603184.jpg

xmotorracing20090603184g.jpg

I couldn't help noticing the demo session time limit is now 50 minutes :wink2: Hope this update will be released soon !
Must run back to work now... I'll return tomorrow and buy the game :drool:

Thanks a lot !

Exotypos released version v1.3 of their simulator X-Motor Racing today.

Besides optimized physics, graphics, replays and network code they made XMR compatible with all screen resolutions.

1.13 is available as a full game or you can test it out by playing the demo.

The free v1.13 demo is available as download: click here

Visit the XMR website to purchase the full game: click here

Please visit the forums for support, and as always feedback is very much appreciated. Click here to visit the XMR forum

Attachments

• XMR.jpg
    XMR.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 236

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back