Paul Jeffrey

Premium
r3e WTCR Audi 2.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience are bringing the new 2018 FIA WTCR series to the simulation, starting with the Audi Sport RS 3 LMS TCR... and a competition...

Many touring car fans see the still relatively young TCR regulation rule set as the next big thing in tin top racing, having watched the regulations grow from a single European series into one of the widest spread and most popular forms of touring cars since the heady heights of the SuperTouring era back in the early 1990s. Having spread to seemingly every corner of the globe with various national championships popping up almost monthly, the FIA have seen the potential of the regulations and adopted the TCR rule set to the newly launched World Championship series for 2018, replacing the rapidly declining World Touring Car Championship with the new WTCR World Touring Car Cup series.

Having enjoyed a strong and long lasting relationship with the WTCC for many years, Sector3 Studios and the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation have confirmed WTCR 2018 will be heading to the sim soon, with the stunning Audi RS 3 LMS TCR already available to drive in game. To celebrate what Sector3 are calling a WTCR 'Prologue', the Swedish studio have launched a new official WTCR eSport championship using the new Audi, with a change to win cash prizes and race against real WTCR drivers! You can find out more info HERE.

The Audi RS 3 LMS TCR is available in game now as part of the WTCR eSport Prolouge series in game.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

r3e WTCR Audi 1.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to TCR regulation cars in R3E? Like the sound of the 2018 WTCR series? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Can't wait for RD club races with this series @Ross Garland . That said, to keep it real, you really have to ditch some rules (e.g. golden rule, cut penalty..) for i
Club races here on RD regardless of what series is being used have their own rules that are designed to promote good clean and fair racing. They also allow for the widest participation of members of varying skill levels, and most importantly are about having fun.
So not going to happen, leagues are a different matter.

A nice surprise that WTCR is coming to Raceroom, great stuff and many thanks to Sector3 :thumbsup:

All the WTTC cars are great fun so looking forward to these as well.

When Bram mentioned "going back to our roots" for the next Touring Car league, I wonder if he knew something we didn't? :laugh:;)

Will be interesting to see how many cars are included at first. The WTCR grid has quite a few different makes so I won't be too disappointed if they release say 80% of the field at first and then the rest after a few months.

A fun title, great content, lovely sounds. With everything else on the horizon 2018 is looking like a good year for sim-racing.

I'm pretty happy with the way the game is at the moment, but being I'm not doing much online racing at the moment I would love to have the ability to run multiclass offline. As far as I'm aware that hasn't been included yet.

Within the WTCR there are cars from 7 manufacturers right now. There are other manufacturers who build cars homologated for the TCR regulations, but not all of these are competing within the WTCR. So, it would be great if S3 implements the full grid of cars, I think... it’s the official WTCR ‚game‘, so that all cars and drivers should be in it (and even the tracks, that would be awesome)!

The problem always is the AI, the breaking point for the other cars is wrong and the crashes became the game in a frustating experience. Should try like in Project Cars 2 or Assetto and create "AI agression". I prove "adaptable AI" but in the corners (and in the straight lines too) the rivals always crash me. Its a shame.

The problem always is the AI, the breaking point for the other cars is wrong and the crashes became the game in a frustating experience. Should try like in Project Cars 2 or Assetto and create "AI agression". I prove "adaptable AI" but in the corners (and in the straight lines too) the rivals always crash me. Its a shame.
If you do a search on this forum you will find numerous threads about how to "train" the adaptive AI and sort out your own driving so that these types of crashes are greatly reduced. It doesn't really have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Oh I thought the engine change next year was the big game changer, although the loss of Mercedes dampens my enthusiasm for the series.
After 2016 the aerodynamics changed (a lot more downforce) and they got also stickier tyres. Those changes brought them almost up to pace with the GT500. The engine change is the next big change, bringing them on par with the GT500.
Agree on the Mercedes part...i still hope that Alfa rises from the ashes, the Giulia QV would be the perfect platform. A merge with GT500 would also be a savior. The series with just BMW and Audi (being leaps in front) would bury it..

Ross i read the threads but never find a decent solution for "crashes in breaking points". I repeat is a shame the game has a lot of potential but de AI is frustating.
Well, it's worked for me and others so I suggest you re-read the threads and try again. Making OT posts in this thread won't help.

Yeah it says here "with the stunning Audi RS 3 LMS TCR already available to drive in game" however it is nowhere to be found in the store?

My guess would be that you need to enter the competition to drive the car. It would make sense since I would think S3 will release the WTCR cars as a pack, rather than individually.

Yeah it says here "with the stunning Audi RS 3 LMS TCR already available to drive in game" however it is nowhere to be found in the store?
Like I've already mentioned, the title of the article is somewhat misleading (the sentence you quote less so as that's technically true). You can drive the car right now, but only as part of the (paid) competition.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back