Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 6 Preview 3.jpg

Bigben and Kylotonn racing games have announced the release of WRC 6, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship due to arrive this autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.

After several underwhelming games under the official WRC banner, Bigben and Kylotonn Games took over the franchise last year with the release of a somewhat disappointing title to mark the first foray into the World Rally Championship franchise. Despite a new development team behind the title, WRC 5 felt very much like its earlier predessors and unsurprisingly fell quickly by the wayside in comparison to the highly regarding Codemasters DiRT Rally title.

Bigben and Kylotonn Games have acknowledged community criticisms regarding WRC 5 and have made strong promises that after using their first title as a learning and development experience, WRC 6 will present a much more realistic and challenging experience for players to enjoy. Although short on anything much more than a few early screenshots a throwaway marketing quotes, it does appear that the studio are interested in producing a more stimulating experience and early indications suggests the unreasonably wide road surfaces and short stage lengths will be addressed in WRC 6. This is excellent news for rally fans as a realistic and challenging rally event is one of the most important aspects to get right when creating a front running rally title, especially considering the already outstanding DiRT Rally currently suffers from a lack of variety in stage locations at the present time.

“We spent the last 8 months, since the release of WRC 5, collecting and studying all the feedback from the community to improve the experience and take it to a new level” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn.

“The experience gained from WRC 5 helped the team to completely understand the expectations of racing fans when it comes to rallying. Roads were too wide in WRC 5? They will be narrower and more bumpy in WRC 6. Stages were sometimes too short? We created new longer stages and reworked everything to make them longer and more challenging. These are just a few examples of the massive improvements we are bringing to WRC 6 and we already know that players will definitely appreciate these changes”,
concludes Alain Jarniou.

“If you enjoyed WRC 5, then you will love WRC 6,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla said. “The developers have introduced significant improvements to make the playing experience even more exciting and true to life, while remaining faithful to its core aims of being an all-action game which takes in classic rallies and legendary special stages on all types of road surfaces.”

WRC 6.png

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam in Autumn 2016, WRC 6 will feature all 14 rounds of the official FIA World Rally Championship as well as all the star drivers and a wide selection of WRC 2 teams and competitors from the Junior WRC category. eSports again make an appearance in the new title with amendments in terms of access, rules, and format which will be unveiled nearer the release of the game.

The FIA World Rally Championship is a reverting form of motorsport with some of the very finest drivers and machines in the world competing across beautiful and often dangerous terrain to finish the season as World Champion. The series deserves a rally game that can make it proud, lets hope Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games can deliver what many fans have been waiting for.

Check out the WRC series of games sub forum here on RaceDepartment for discussions and news regarding former, current and future iterations of the popular official World Rally Championship rally game.

WRC 6 Preview 2.jpg WRC 6 Preview 4.jpg WRC 6 Preview.jpg WRC 6 Ford.jpg

Do you think Bigben and Kylotonn can produce a strong rally contender with WRC 6? Are you interested in the games series? Looking forward to the new game? What should it feature missing in previous titles? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
WRC 6 Previews.jpg

Bigben Interactive have been busy in the build up to the launch of WRC 6, releasing a new trailer showcasing the game in comparison to real life footage across a number of unique Super Special Stages from the official FIA World Rally Championship.

With claims from the developers that WRC 6 will feature all 11 Super Special Stages in 1:1 correlation to their real world locations, the new trailer does look impressive and shows off the game to an impressive standard.

Relatively little is known about the new rally title from Bigben, however as one would expect with an official product, the game will feature all 14 rounds of the 2016 season, including for the first time Rally China, all the leading WRC drivers and also a wide selection of competitors from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories.

WRC 6 - Super Special Trailer

WRC 6 - Pre-Order Trailer

In other news, the studio have confirmed a list of support peripherals will be made available in the coming weeks. Watch this space...

WRC 6 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 7th.

The WRC Series of Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment covers all the WRC games released by Bigben Interactive, head over and join in the conversation today.

Have you checked out the latest trailers? What do you think of how the game looks so far? Do you think WRC 6 can be a significant improvement over its predecessors? Let us know in the comments section below.

Wow, this look amazing. :geek:
Hope driving will come at least close to that. It would be a dream. And DiRT would finally get a proper rival.

edit:
I'm first to reply, in almost half hour time, for sure there's no hype for this one. :D
Unlike that hype suv, from... oh you know whom... :rolleyes:

Wow, this look amazing. :geek:
Hope driving will come at least close to that. It would be a dream. And DiRT would finally get a proper rival.

edit:
I'm first to reply, in almost half hour time, for sure there's no hype for this one. :D
Unlike that hype suv, from... oh you know whom... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I think you maybe aiming a bit too high on this being a rival to Dirt Rally from past experiences. But I also live in a little in dream world. Who Knows. RE:Suv's, let's not go there, as I've never seen so much overblown and excessive reactions to a topic......and even I got sucked in and ended giving my 2 pence worth. I'm old enough to know better.

WRC-5 promised the world and delivered nothing. This will be no different. You will get an arcadey game with widened made up tracks that are inspired to be from the WRC tracks. This is an arcade game nothing more.

WRC-5 still does not support my Fanatec Hand Brake H shifter and Clutch properly. It hasn't even been a year since last game was released. They need to fix their current one.

Then we didn't watch the same gameplay, obviously.
All I can see is game that looks pretier than DiRT and stages as tight as my gf ...you know what.
But that's completely different story.
WRC 5 was Kylotonn games first game in the series, they have to learn on the fly.
You folks are so negative. But I bet it's a lot of fun having you around in real life. :)

Last edited:
Your post means literally nothing. It looks prettier? What's that got to do with how the title plays? Physics? Sound? Etc.

I'm not being negative either. I'm just voicing an opinion of hoping it will be good but from what I've read it won't be as good as Dirt. How's that negative?
It's just an opinion based off of information currently to hand. Now if I hear someone comparing it directly to Dirt and saying anything good about it apart from it being pretty then I'll look into trying it.

They do say that it's going to be more forgiving than Dirt. I think Dirt is spot on with its handling and a more forgiving model is probably not what I'm looking for if I'm honest.
Still, the lure of officially licensed content is a hard one to ignore

Well, then you'll allow that not all looking for "100% reality". Not that DiRT is close to that. But closer, ok.
S. Loeb Rally Evo has some of it's own strenght also on this field, compared with DiRT, I prefer tarmac feel in it tbh. And I'm not the only one.
But maybe we should not compare these two at all ? I'm sure they all (SLRE included) will have their fans.
To some level it's like comparing AC and F1 2016. AC has it's own (some quite new, almost latest) F1 cars but many (and probably major, if we take a look at sales numbers) will choose Codemasters one. And yet, mind you... AC is more "realistic". :x3:
There's a dev interview on the VVV site if you are interested. Gives a lot of info on the game even comparing to DiRT Rally by the devs themselves.
Link: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comm...lotonn-is-taking-the-series-to-the-next-level
Thanks. :thumbsup:
I already got a favorite part.
WRC 5’s physics were often quite glitchy, but this is no longer the case in WRC 6. “If you make a mistake you don’t have the sense that it’s a mistake from the game engine but your own driving. The driving experience in WRC 6 is much better than it was in WRC 5.”
Kylotonn consulted with real rally drivers to make the driving physics more authentic in WRC 6. “There are drivers in the championship who are big gamers,” Jarniou explains. “We had the chance to get them in the studio to try the game. They played WRC 5 and then played the first version of WRC 6’s new handling and they could really tell the difference. They would say: ‘This is like what I feel when I am in my car. That was not the case in WRC 5 but now I can feel the weight shifting when I brake.’”
:thumbsup::p:whistling:

Last edited:
And you base it on ...what exactly ? Except all your 4 WRC titles, of course. :giggle:
Oh c'mon... spare me of your further, horrid, conclusions. Please.
I choose to believe more to licenced WRC drivers. Beside... people are bashing F1 2016 all over before it even has a chance to release, guess based on Codemasters previous title. And, yes, you guess my thoughts by now - look at all of them now. :rolleyes: They reach racing gamer's Nirvana. :alien:

• Deleted member 217114

I am actually looking forward to WRC 6. After 1230 hours of Dirt Rally I am looking into new Rally-fix for myself. Everything I've seen from WRC 6 is a step better than the trash they had in WRC 5. Played all the rally games from 2015, and Dirt Rally was ofcourse the winner. On second place WRC 5 and last place Loeb.

TDLR: WRC 6 here I come! .

They do say that it's going to be more forgiving than Dirt. I think Dirt is spot on with its handling and a more forgiving model is probably not what I'm looking for if I'm honest.
Still, the lure of officially licensed content is a hard one to ignore
DR is great on gravel. Tarmac and snow i wish they skipped all together, and instead make some more stages in other countries plus made MP RallyX like in AMS (gravel with massive jumps - the good RallyX stuff). :)

We will see about WRC6. I keep my hopes up but no hype whatsoever cause im sure i will be let down.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.