Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 6 Preview 3.jpg

Bigben and Kylotonn racing games have announced the release of WRC 6, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship due to arrive this autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.

After several underwhelming games under the official WRC banner, Bigben and Kylotonn Games took over the franchise last year with the release of a somewhat disappointing title to mark the first foray into the World Rally Championship franchise. Despite a new development team behind the title, WRC 5 felt very much like its earlier predessors and unsurprisingly fell quickly by the wayside in comparison to the highly regarding Codemasters DiRT Rally title.

Bigben and Kylotonn Games have acknowledged community criticisms regarding WRC 5 and have made strong promises that after using their first title as a learning and development experience, WRC 6 will present a much more realistic and challenging experience for players to enjoy. Although short on anything much more than a few early screenshots a throwaway marketing quotes, it does appear that the studio are interested in producing a more stimulating experience and early indications suggests the unreasonably wide road surfaces and short stage lengths will be addressed in WRC 6. This is excellent news for rally fans as a realistic and challenging rally event is one of the most important aspects to get right when creating a front running rally title, especially considering the already outstanding DiRT Rally currently suffers from a lack of variety in stage locations at the present time.

“We spent the last 8 months, since the release of WRC 5, collecting and studying all the feedback from the community to improve the experience and take it to a new level” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn.

“The experience gained from WRC 5 helped the team to completely understand the expectations of racing fans when it comes to rallying. Roads were too wide in WRC 5? They will be narrower and more bumpy in WRC 6. Stages were sometimes too short? We created new longer stages and reworked everything to make them longer and more challenging. These are just a few examples of the massive improvements we are bringing to WRC 6 and we already know that players will definitely appreciate these changes”,
concludes Alain Jarniou.

“If you enjoyed WRC 5, then you will love WRC 6,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla said. “The developers have introduced significant improvements to make the playing experience even more exciting and true to life, while remaining faithful to its core aims of being an all-action game which takes in classic rallies and legendary special stages on all types of road surfaces.”

WRC 6.png

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam in Autumn 2016, WRC 6 will feature all 14 rounds of the official FIA World Rally Championship as well as all the star drivers and a wide selection of WRC 2 teams and competitors from the Junior WRC category. eSports again make an appearance in the new title with amendments in terms of access, rules, and format which will be unveiled nearer the release of the game.

The FIA World Rally Championship is a reverting form of motorsport with some of the very finest drivers and machines in the world competing across beautiful and often dangerous terrain to finish the season as World Champion. The series deserves a rally game that can make it proud, lets hope Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games can deliver what many fans have been waiting for.

Check out the WRC series of games sub forum here on RaceDepartment for discussions and news regarding former, current and future iterations of the popular official World Rally Championship rally game.

WRC 6 Preview 2.jpg WRC 6 Preview 4.jpg WRC 6 Preview.jpg WRC 6 Ford.jpg

Do you think Bigben and Kylotonn can produce a strong rally contender with WRC 6? Are you interested in the games series? Looking forward to the new game? What should it feature missing in previous titles? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Game's nice,little bit too arcade for me, used to DR as i am.
Overall i like the smooth graphics but i can't feel any Feedback on my T300, wich makes the car a bit too hard to control especially when you reach top speed or through a jump.
Low end GPU's can handle the game at decent framerates.
R9280x 16Gb ddr3 1600MHz FX8350 4.1GHz

Can anybody with a THrustmaster wheel tell me about their FF experience?
I somehow can't get much effects from the wheel, just a little vibration from the track, no tire no return to center on the Wheel..
That's one thing disappointing me about this title.

As I say here... people like it.
WRC 6: New Preview Videos Released
You can always find some one "who bought it and don't like it", then came to bash it all over, you know... I always wonder - well, why so fast ? Why didn't you wait for few days and see from reviews and YT videos is it really for you ?? :alien:
It's just beyond me.
I know I like it. :inlove:
And major of other satisfied customers.
And, once again, like I said in that post.. yes, there's "expert difficulty really challenging, with no flashbacks". But, I guess some of us are better than Loeb himself so that just wasn't enough hard for them.
Gosh... wish I had those kind of skills. :rolleyes:
Sorry but who are you addressing with that post?

Sometimes I feel like playing a motor sports game but I don't feel like getting the wheel out, or I am too tired to put in the energy required with a wheel. Not every game has to be a simulator; I like to sit back with a controller and just relax sometimes, so I might check this one out.

As I say here... people like it.
WRC 6: New Preview Videos Released
You can always find some one "who bought it and don't like it", then came to bash it all over, you know... I always wonder - well, why so fast ? Why didn't you wait for few days and see from reviews and YT videos is it really for you ?? :alien:
It's just beyond me.
I know I like it. :inlove:
And major of other satisfied customers.
And, once again, like I said in that post.. yes, there's "expert difficulty really challenging, with no flashbacks". But, I guess some of us are better than Loeb himself so that just wasn't enough hard for them.
Gosh... wish I had those kind of skills. :rolleyes:
Someone clearly suffering from a severe case of consolitis, I'm refunding and going back to Dirt Rally :p

90 sec stages, they must be kidding. I wonder if we will ever see a Rally Sim with realistic length of stages - El Condor, or Corsica stages with 45km. Now that would be something really. There are so many good racing simulators out there, but not a single Rally sim. I wonder why that is. Is it that few people that are interested in it?

I don't see what's the problem here, in all honesty.
Too arcadish ? Too... not DiRTish ? Yeah, well... sign me in.
And I'm getting a little bit sick with all (DiRT)talk:), where WRC 6 is presented as some kind kids rally game.
You talking about "realistic" rally game ?
And you name as a #1 the game that (comparing with SLRE, WRC 6 and maybe even WRC 5) have by far most unrealistic damage model, model that almost totally doesn't affect car behaving ? C'mon, really ? :laugh:

Sorry but who are you addressing with that post?
To no one in particular. :p:rolleyes:

Apparently, it seems most people are having issues with their wheels and this is after they gave a list of supported wheels etc. My wheel doesn't work at all yet is on the supported list and it's a shame as I quite like the game having had a blast on my pad.

After reading this, I wonder if it worth me disconnecting my gt2 & connecting my csr wheel. Mine is used with g27 pedals & although I can get wheel/pedals reading in the axis page, I am unable to bind any keys to the wheel.

Still enjoying it on the pad though.

purchased it and horrible, at least IMO. better than WRC5, but lightyears away from other games and devs work. not sure if they have raced on other sims, if not they should take the time to do so. I still find it all feeling floaty, just doesn't feel right or reactive.
BUT good news is, my nephew and his buddies 7-10yrs like the game and easy for them to drive and race, which is great.

BUT good news is, my nephew and his buddies 7-10yrs like the game and easy for them to drive and race, which is great.
Which is probably right in line with who they want to like this game. WRC titles are never going to be for the hardcore rally and/or sim fan. It's the 6th [modern] version of the title. If they wanted it to be a sim (or more sim-like) and be a closer representation of real life, they could've had it. But they don't. For all the differences, all theses WRC games seem to look and play similarly.

I don't know, 31 euros for the game was a fair deal. But for me the game is stuttering with the fps even with a strong, and further some input lag for the steering wheel.
Basically the handling model seems good but with the lag and suddenly some turn in oversteer it's so unpredictable.
Does anybody noticed same?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back