Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 6 Preview 3.jpg

Bigben and Kylotonn racing games have announced the release of WRC 6, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship due to arrive this autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.

After several underwhelming games under the official WRC banner, Bigben and Kylotonn Games took over the franchise last year with the release of a somewhat disappointing title to mark the first foray into the World Rally Championship franchise. Despite a new development team behind the title, WRC 5 felt very much like its earlier predessors and unsurprisingly fell quickly by the wayside in comparison to the highly regarding Codemasters DiRT Rally title.

Bigben and Kylotonn Games have acknowledged community criticisms regarding WRC 5 and have made strong promises that after using their first title as a learning and development experience, WRC 6 will present a much more realistic and challenging experience for players to enjoy. Although short on anything much more than a few early screenshots a throwaway marketing quotes, it does appear that the studio are interested in producing a more stimulating experience and early indications suggests the unreasonably wide road surfaces and short stage lengths will be addressed in WRC 6. This is excellent news for rally fans as a realistic and challenging rally event is one of the most important aspects to get right when creating a front running rally title, especially considering the already outstanding DiRT Rally currently suffers from a lack of variety in stage locations at the present time.

“We spent the last 8 months, since the release of WRC 5, collecting and studying all the feedback from the community to improve the experience and take it to a new level” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn.

“The experience gained from WRC 5 helped the team to completely understand the expectations of racing fans when it comes to rallying. Roads were too wide in WRC 5? They will be narrower and more bumpy in WRC 6. Stages were sometimes too short? We created new longer stages and reworked everything to make them longer and more challenging. These are just a few examples of the massive improvements we are bringing to WRC 6 and we already know that players will definitely appreciate these changes”,
concludes Alain Jarniou.

“If you enjoyed WRC 5, then you will love WRC 6,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla said. “The developers have introduced significant improvements to make the playing experience even more exciting and true to life, while remaining faithful to its core aims of being an all-action game which takes in classic rallies and legendary special stages on all types of road surfaces.”

WRC 6.png

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam in Autumn 2016, WRC 6 will feature all 14 rounds of the official FIA World Rally Championship as well as all the star drivers and a wide selection of WRC 2 teams and competitors from the Junior WRC category. eSports again make an appearance in the new title with amendments in terms of access, rules, and format which will be unveiled nearer the release of the game.

The FIA World Rally Championship is a reverting form of motorsport with some of the very finest drivers and machines in the world competing across beautiful and often dangerous terrain to finish the season as World Champion. The series deserves a rally game that can make it proud, lets hope Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games can deliver what many fans have been waiting for.

Check out the WRC series of games sub forum here on RaceDepartment for discussions and news regarding former, current and future iterations of the popular official World Rally Championship rally game.

WRC 6 Preview 2.jpg WRC 6 Preview 4.jpg WRC 6 Preview.jpg WRC 6 Ford.jpg

Do you think Bigben and Kylotonn can produce a strong rally contender with WRC 6? Are you interested in the games series? Looking forward to the new game? What should it feature missing in previous titles? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've downloaded the ghost from 1 position "pesage" with 2661643 points and really this is a joke, not even 1 clean cornering and only ramming the borders of the track, how can this be the first position ???
This game proves more and more that it's a bad joke :-(

Hi,
First post here ever, in a hope the cool community supports this game a little. It's fun! I have played dirt a lot, but I find the latest WRC much more fun, especially as a fan of the WRC. It is far from perfect, with silly problems, and I would guess not great if you have a mega wheel setup and want a perfect simulation. But, to me it is a lot of FUN. The best things are the great atmosphere and, for me (on a controller) the stages. They might not be in general as graphically good as Dirt, but they feel like distinct geographical locations and it feels like a world rally game. If you can find it cheap try it, if a hardcore Dirt fan it might not be sim enough, but with a controller it is challenging, and I find it addictive. With some mods, or patches it could be very good. If DIRT is Pro Evolution, this is FIFA ;)

I posted my thoughts here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/458770/discussions/0/341537671987884508/ but they were:

I have played a lot of Dirt Rally, and all the old McRae games, and the other WRC's. The only games I liked in the past were the codemasters ones (I found the WRC games awful), but I am really happy with WRC 6! It is FUN with a controller using the external view (I'm not using a wheel), it feels like the WRC (I like the range of countries and how each feels like a different place). To me it feels like the old CMR games; the same kind of handling, which means you can push but also make mistakes. I think the damage model is good - you can mess up stages because of damage, the car models are excellent.

Here is what I think could be improved, and then this would be a very good 'simcade' rally game:

1. Reduce the fog when it is raining/snowing! Or, have it sometimes very foggy, sometimes not. The rain effects are not great, and not nearly as good as Dirt, but if the fog was just a little less, it would be a lot better. Actually, there could be two different environmental conditions; foggy and non foggy (with or without rain). To be fair, the cars look cool in the rain :)
2. Make the AI results more random, and reflect the SS stage (when someone visually beats you it should reflect in the times!).
3. Make the first behind/external camera move in the other direction on jumps. When you jump it moves towards the top of the car (angles upwards) but it would be better if it angles in the other direction.
4. Less cartoon like dirt on the windshield (in cockpit view), and more subtle glass damage (not the big thick lines!).
5. for the future...an animation when changing tyres on a stage :). Linked to this, it might be my driving style, but I am sure I get a lot of burst tyres :)
6 Option to have the damage meter on the corner of the screen. I mean the meter that is visible when paused, particularly the tyre wear gauge.
7. Better pace notes, or at least, better voice acting, especially the weird shout of 'long'.
8. A few more stages, maybe one or additional unique at least for each country ;) this is a bit unfair...there is a lot of stages already.

I know everyone likes to say the WRC games are rubbish, but IMHO there is a good core game here, and right now it is a lot of fun and atmospheric.

Oh, one tip, I found the pacenotes much better if moved to 'far ahead' and the main direction setting NOT set to descriptive (make the rest descriptive/advanced). It's not as realistic, but you don't get the inconsistent "left 8...7" stuff and everything over a '6' is described as 'flat'.

Sorry but this rally game really is rubbish. I'm on PS4, graphics are great even tho on some courses there is slight drop in frame rate. Sounds are good but no where near as good like dirt rally.
Co- driver drives me nuts when he keeps saying brake and comes out with other words likes he got Tourettes.
No introduction to each course so it's really boring.
Car setup is a joke, where is the information on what you doing to set up the car?
There is no championship mode so have to use custom championship.
Career mode boring and slow.
The tracks are easy and way too short.
I've only had this game for 1 week and already got rid of it.
If you going to do a decent rally at least do it properly.
I feel sorry for people who brought it. Very disappointing!

I am trying to get my Fanatec CSW V2 to work with WRC6. It really drives me nuts. I had to disconnected my Button Box before that game excepted my wheel. Now the Fanatec Handbrake is not recognized (connected to the wheelbase) I have DiRT Rally on a PS4 and everything is working on a console. Unbelievable.No, forum, no support. wtf I send an email to the developer. If I don't get an answer I will return the game. I already wasted one hour with that unfinished game

Yes this game is really anoying and unfinished crap....I already finished Custom Championship with full calendar, so I can safely say that WRC 6 is bad rally game....WRC 5 was only worse,seriously Milestone games have much more content and fun from driving. Ok time for list of deep shits in this game:

1. Co-Driver - OMG! this is the most annoying and f*cked up co-driver in car games history...very robotic and his pacenotes are wrong...When this idiot says " keep IN" don't listen, because you can always hit a rock,post or fence....Its safe to stay that his pacenotes are f*king trap.

2. Damage model - Better than WRC 5 but still it is a joke. When you hit or only touch a wall or rock or fence with side or front-side! of your car your brake/tail lamps are gone!...
Next thing: additional night lamps fell of when you only touch something with front or side of car.
Finaly when you hit in something your car are bouncing like pinball.

3. Cameras - Chase camera is one of worst Ive ever seen in car games. One is stiff and second have wired movements in tunrs or hairpins (but its still better than chase cam in WRC5), Cockpit cam is too high.Other views are ok.

4. Special Stages - They are better than in last year but they are still flat and too wide...No cambers,no small bumps and other roughness on stages.Every SS is very similar SS in Argentina is almost tha same like Mexico or Portugal or Sardigna or Poland anf Finland...Only color pallete is little diferent but, plants,objects and other elements are the same in almost every rally.

5. Physics - Snow physisc is still garbage like in WRC 5, tarmac and gravel are not bad, but crest jumps are bugged, example: Few times after bad landing on front bumper, my car bounce few hundred meters high and land on trees :D.....beautiful

6.Lack of Content - No historic/legendary cars and crews or events from best years of WRC, No intro movies in any locations....BTW You can't find even ONE short movie clip in game,null,nada,nic,nothing,keine...
In WRC series form Evolution Studio we had massive collection of movies from WRC (country intros,crews,rally compilations and much more), in WRC 4 from Milestone we also had a nice menu background rally clips, But in WRC 6 you cant find any of that

This is my list of major cons in WRC 6. Right now game is not worth 45$ or even 20$,,,Seriously the is more than ten older and much better rally games on PC and Consoles than WRC 6.
Don't buy this game....Its like still early beta.Perhaps in two or three years we will see a decent WRC game.....

Sorry for my bad grammar english....I'm Polish

wrc-toyota-yaris-wrc-plus-2017-livery-2016-toyota-yaris-wrc-plus-2017.jpg

wrc-toyota-yaris-wrc-plus-2017-livery-2016-toyota-yaris-wrc-plus-2017.jpg

and let me tell you - it's smokin' hot. :inlove:
(ok, maybe part cuz I got a soft spot for toyotas. used to have one)
And ...quite interesting.
Really, MICROSOFT ?? :confused:
Gosh... who would thought of that. I for sure wasn't.
images

Anyway... :rolleyes:
I hope that Kylotonn guys are see this this (not this thread, ok, but this livery in general:)) and will release some quick patch. It would be ...smokin' hot. :D
But it's ok if they don't. :x3:
They are not really lighting fast you know. Is this their page ?
http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/home.php
It hasn't been updated for like a year. :confused:
Ok, truth be told... they got four more days.

Nice and optomistic. I share similar thoughts AND use a Thrustmaster TX wheel and SQ shifter. I need to have a good "wheel feel" to enjoy a game, and This just barely makes the cut. It's a change from Dirt Rally, Which is Awesome by the way.

Like you said Far from perfect.
(maybe I'm just waiting for some more DR stages, etc :) hahaha

I am playing the game (love it!) on PS4 with Logitech G29 and are having trouble to activate my H-shifter and clutch. It does recognize the shifter since I can bind the shifting buttons but than only to shift up and down (e.g. button 30 and 31) as a replacement for the wheel's levers but not the whole H-shifter and clutch pedal. Is this possible? How to activate? Thanks for your help.

I got the Logitech G29. The PS/4 version.
I use it on the PC, or I at least try to.
This game DOES NOT FULLY WORK with the G29

It sort of tried to move down as if I am lifting the accelerator pedal up a little... I have to half hold it down a bit to stop it scrolling.

I do have a few other wheels, but I have not yet tried them.

I try to figure out where are all this files of Textures / Cars / Cameras and i found out that if you open one of the PACLOG files with Notepad ++ you will see lots of files with extension *.cfg. The problem is that i don't know how to open or extract files with extension PACLOG.....Does anyone able to find out how we can do.....because all the information's we need are under the files with extension PACLOG...

I try to figure out where are all this files of Textures / Cars / Cameras and i found out that if you open one of the PACLOG files with Notepad ++ you will see lots of files with extension *.cfg. The problem is that i don't know how to open or extract files with extension PACLOG.....Does anyone able to find out how we can do.....because all the information's we need are under the files with extension PACLOG...

I think it's hidden in the dummy.dat files that are encrypted.

Hey!

I got myself WRC 6 yesterday and I started it for the first time today, but unfortunately it's not enjoyable to play since it's still under 30 fps even with the lowest settings. I'm playing GTA V and F1 2016 on my computer so I think WRC 6 shouldn't be a problem either. Anyway, I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks in advance!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years