Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 6 Preview 3.jpg

Bigben and Kylotonn racing games have announced the release of WRC 6, the official game of the FIA World Rally Championship due to arrive this autumn for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam.

After several underwhelming games under the official WRC banner, Bigben and Kylotonn Games took over the franchise last year with the release of a somewhat disappointing title to mark the first foray into the World Rally Championship franchise. Despite a new development team behind the title, WRC 5 felt very much like its earlier predessors and unsurprisingly fell quickly by the wayside in comparison to the highly regarding Codemasters DiRT Rally title.

Bigben and Kylotonn Games have acknowledged community criticisms regarding WRC 5 and have made strong promises that after using their first title as a learning and development experience, WRC 6 will present a much more realistic and challenging experience for players to enjoy. Although short on anything much more than a few early screenshots a throwaway marketing quotes, it does appear that the studio are interested in producing a more stimulating experience and early indications suggests the unreasonably wide road surfaces and short stage lengths will be addressed in WRC 6. This is excellent news for rally fans as a realistic and challenging rally event is one of the most important aspects to get right when creating a front running rally title, especially considering the already outstanding DiRT Rally currently suffers from a lack of variety in stage locations at the present time.

“We spent the last 8 months, since the release of WRC 5, collecting and studying all the feedback from the community to improve the experience and take it to a new level” says Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn.

“The experience gained from WRC 5 helped the team to completely understand the expectations of racing fans when it comes to rallying. Roads were too wide in WRC 5? They will be narrower and more bumpy in WRC 6. Stages were sometimes too short? We created new longer stages and reworked everything to make them longer and more challenging. These are just a few examples of the massive improvements we are bringing to WRC 6 and we already know that players will definitely appreciate these changes”,
concludes Alain Jarniou.

“If you enjoyed WRC 5, then you will love WRC 6,” WRC Promoter managing director Oliver Ciesla said. “The developers have introduced significant improvements to make the playing experience even more exciting and true to life, while remaining faithful to its core aims of being an all-action game which takes in classic rallies and legendary special stages on all types of road surfaces.”

WRC 6.png

Due for release on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC/Steam in Autumn 2016, WRC 6 will feature all 14 rounds of the official FIA World Rally Championship as well as all the star drivers and a wide selection of WRC 2 teams and competitors from the Junior WRC category. eSports again make an appearance in the new title with amendments in terms of access, rules, and format which will be unveiled nearer the release of the game.

The FIA World Rally Championship is a reverting form of motorsport with some of the very finest drivers and machines in the world competing across beautiful and often dangerous terrain to finish the season as World Champion. The series deserves a rally game that can make it proud, lets hope Bigben and Kylotonn Racing Games can deliver what many fans have been waiting for.

Check out the WRC series of games sub forum here on RaceDepartment for discussions and news regarding former, current and future iterations of the popular official World Rally Championship rally game.

WRC 6 Preview 2.jpg WRC 6 Preview 4.jpg WRC 6 Preview.jpg WRC 6 Ford.jpg

Do you think Bigben and Kylotonn can produce a strong rally contender with WRC 6? Are you interested in the games series? Looking forward to the new game? What should it feature missing in previous titles? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Then we didn't watch the same gameplay, obviously.

I was mostly judging the game based on this demonstration here:

Note that I have no idea what they're actually saying, I don't speak French. But from what I see and from the time I've spent with WRC5, I see more or less the same game, apart from improved graphics. The handling looks more or less the same, the stages are maybe a bit tighter, but still feel very artificial and "designed". Granted, the guy playing is not the best driver out there, but I feel that only accentuates the game's issues.

Note that I try to approach it with as little bias as possible and always try to be as positive as I can. I don't want the game to be bad, I'd be happy if we finally had a WRC game that's good. And I'd be gladly proved wrong - for example SLRE also looked terrible in previews, yet I think the final product was much better than the pre-release footage made it look and even though it's a game that's certainly plagued with some pretty stupid issues and a lack of support from Milestone, I still think it's a better game than most people give it credit for.

With WRC5, I simply couldn't find any redeeming qualities at all and, again, from what I've seen, WRC6 so far looks like more of the same. There's also the red flag of them not giving out review copies to at least some of the reviewers - I'm always suspicious when that happens. But again, I'll be gladly proved wrong, trust me. I don't enjoy slamming games for no reason.

Ok, I got your point. Sounds reasonable. To be honest, I'm also not too confident about WRC 6 and it's franchise in general. But I prefer to be optimist like in everything I do. :geek:

Anyway... here's two great comparison between WRC 5, SLRE and DiRT.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/rally-comparison-wrc-5-vs-slre-vs-dirt-rally.348973/
And another great, in depth comparison, YT link:
HTML:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUGW8BNjRo

And, have to admit, I'm still not convinced that WRC 5 is just a bad game. They (have to) rush things a lot, they didn't want to continue from where Milestone left, so they start things right from the beginning and they have only 8 months to do it all. Many bigger game developers would do even worst job, imho. I have all three of them and to tell you the truth I enjoy in all three of them, just... I approach them all in different manner. For an example, WRC 5 is for some quickies, DiRT is for some more serious stuff (when I have more time:D) and in SLRE I just love to drive and... unlock things. Since they are locked you know... :devilish::laugh:

To be honest, I liked WRC4 much more than WRC5. WRC4 knew what it is and didn't shy away from it in the slightest - it was a fun arcade rally game. Totally unrealistic, bad audio, weak stages, but at least it was fun to drive from time to time. It was silly and pretty easy, but it was still a blast.

WRC5 went in a very different direction (obviously, with different devs working on it), but in the end felt like a weird and most importantly terribly sterile beta of what could possibly one day be a good game if they kept at it and improved it a lot. I was just not having any fun at all playing that. It felt like a weird hybrid between a more serious sim-like (or simcade) game and a fun arcade. It felt as if they were scared to commit to making their game one on the other and got lost somewhere in the middle, wondering where to go from there. The stages are the perfect example of this in my view - they feel very much artificial and designed for a more of an arcade style of game (so lots of sweeping turns, hairpins and such to the point where it often seems silly, the roads don't actually make any real-world sense), but they're no fun at all to drive with the game's actual handling physics that's way too timid to be fun arcade and way too inaccurate to be considered sim-like.

Also, in this day and age, there really was no excuse for the kind of robotic co-driver they've had in the game. It felt like it came straight out of late 90's games.

Every time I tried to go back to the game to give it another chance, it just sucks any enjoyment out of me in a very short time.

Also, while I can certainly sympathize that they didn't have enough time to perhaps make the game they wanted, given that the game was a full price release and not just some kind of early access or beta or budget release, that really is no excuse. But you could see it coming, really - even before the release, the devs themselves openly admitted in interviews that they really just see WRC5 as a pretty basic and crude foundation to build the real product on later. If WRC6 will be this real product they were talking about remains to be seen.

WRC 6 Wheel List Revealed.png.jpg

Kylotonn Games have revealed the full list of supported peripherals for their upcoming WRC 6 title, with impressive support for some of the most popular wheels on the market today.

Unfortunately for those with high end gear, it looks like Direct Drive wheels on PC and Fanatec products for PS4 don't make it into the first pass of supported controllers, again continuing the increasingly frustrating Sony / Fanatec spat that continues to disadvantage PlayStation 4 gamers throughout the world.

Whist the range of supported wheels by the studio looks impressive, it remains to be seen how those with peripherals not included will be able to access the game. It is not unknown for unsupported items to still work in games, especially in the case of PC titles and clever workarounds. All will become known when the game finally hits our digital shelves on the 7th October in Europe. US and Canadian releases will follow shortly after.

Supported Peripherals - PC

• Logitech G25
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Force
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G920
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster T300 + PS
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster T300 + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari F1
  • Thrustmaster T500 + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster T500 + TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T500 + PS
  • Thrustmaster T500 + Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster T500 + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
  • Thrustmaster T300 + PS
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster T500 + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster T500 + Ferrari F1
  • Thrusmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster TX + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster TX + TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster TX + PS
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster TX + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari F1
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Add-On
  • Thrustmaster T3PA
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
  • Fanatec CSR Wheel
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox
  • Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3
Supported Peripherals Xbox One:
  • Logitech G920
  • Thrustmaster TX + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster TX + TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Thrustmaster TX + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster TX + Ferrari F1
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T3PA
  • Thrusmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
  • Fanatec CSR Wheel
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox
Supported Peripherals PS4:
  • Logitech G29
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150 RS
  • Thrustmaster T300 + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster T300 + TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T300 + PS
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari F1
  • Thrustmaster T500 + RS (GT)
  • Thrustmaster T500 + TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T500 + PS
  • Thrustmaster T500 + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition
  • Thrustmaster T500 + Ferrari GTE (Ferrari 458 Challenge Edition)
  • Thrustmaster T500 + Ferrari F1
  • Thrustmaster T3PA
WRC6 Fiesta.jpg

PC Minimum Requirements:
Operating System: Windows® 7 64bits
Processor: Intel® Core i3 / AMD Phenom™ II X2
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 / AMD Radeon™ HD 7750
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
The game also requires an Internet connection and a Free Steam account to activate.
Minimum system requirements allow the game to run at 720p resolution at 30 frames per second, with all visual effects on lowest settings.

Recommended Requirements
Operating System: Windows® 10 64bits
Processor: Intel® Core i5 / AMD FX 8150
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 2 GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard

WRC 6 Releases 7th October 2016.

The WRC 6 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to discuss the game with your fellow community members, and catch all the latest news regarding the title. Head over and join in the discussion today!

Looking forward to WRC 6? Slightly concerned about the lack of Fanatec support once again on PS4? Is your wheel on the list? Let us know in the comments section below!

Now that's an impressive list...looking positive, I think....sad about the DD Wheels like the Accuforce etc...I was going to get one but settled on a T300RS in the mean time until the Accuforce was recognised in more Games / Sims etc....I might hold off for a little while yet.

Now that's an impressive list...looking positive, I think....sad about the DD Wheels like the Accuforce etc...I was going to get one but settled on a T300RS in the mean time until the Accuforce was recognised in more Games / Sims etc....I might hold off for a little while yet.
I dont know but isnt Accuforce able to run anyway as it can use its own FFB software? Maybe it doesnt work that way though. I think its maybe good i dont have money right now for the same reason lol. :D Accuforce is my future wheel.

W R C 5 is out ...there. =)
Go grab your copy.

Reviews... highly acclaimed, as they say.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/458770/
(exept that kun kun bloke, just skip him, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about) :D
And instead check out that dude RacingIvysaur he give us some real in-depth point of view. :thumbsup:

"outstanding visuals", "amazing FF, perhaps even better than Dirt", "sound improved a lot", "highly optimised", "makes you feel you're there", "deserves your money (this is my favorite:laugh:)", "expert difficulty really challenging, with no flashbacks", "pretty immersive", "narrower and longer 1:1 stages!"... so... should I continue ? :geek:
I told you, didn't I ?
Let it be writen... I was the first. :whistling:

Last edited:
WRC 6 6.jpg

BigBen Interactive and Kylotonn Games have released WRC 6 for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the official game of the 2016 FIA World Rally Championship.

The second instalment of the series now under the control of Kylotonn, WRC 6 has promised to be a vast improvement over previous editions of the series. Featuring longer, narrower stages, 1:1 scale Super Special Stages, all the cars and drivers of the series and further enhancements to the driving model all mark out WRC 6 as a potential big player in the rally game marketplace.

WRC 6 Launch Trailer:

The new WRC entry into the game franchise comes with free access to the 2017 WRC eSports series, local split-screen multiplayer and all the locations, teams and drivers from the 2016 season. Even though the game only launched late last night, a patch has been made available to rectify some of crashing issues experienced by a number of users.

A wide variety of supported wheels have already been announced (read more here) and initial signs show that WRC 6 may well be a considerable improvement over the earlier versions of the franchise. If it can live up to be a DiRT Rally beater, only time will tell...

Currently available as boxed copies or through the respective console store. However to mark the PC release, WRC is currently 20% off on Steam for a limited time.

The WRC 6 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to visit for community chat and the latest news. Check out the forum and join in the discussion today.

WRC 6 Released.jpg WRC 6 3.jpg WRC 6 4.jpg WRC 6 5.jpg WRC 6 Released 2.jpg WRC 7.jpg

Have you purchased WRC 6? What do you think of the game? Which platform have you purchased the game for? Let us know your opinions below!

As I say here... people like it.
WRC 6: New Preview Videos Released
You can always find some one "who bought it and don't like it", then came to bash it all over, you know... I always wonder - well, why so fast ? Why didn't you wait for few days and see from reviews and YT videos is it really for you ?? :alien:
It's just beyond me.
I know I like it. :inlove:
And major of other satisfied customers.
And, once again, like I said in that post.. yes, there's "expert difficulty really challenging, with no flashbacks". But, I guess some of us are better than Loeb himself so that just wasn't enough hard for them.
Gosh... wish I had those kind of skills. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back