WRC10 WRC 10 The Game

Be part of History for the WRC - FIA World Rally Championship 50th anniversary with WRC 10!

1f310.png
All 4 new rallies added to the 2021 calendar: Estonia, Croatia, Belgium and Spain
1f3c1.png
Drive through 6 historic rallies, including Acropolis, San Remo, Germany, Argentina in the new Historic Mode
1f3c6.png
Improved Career Mode and Livery Editor
️
Over 20 legendary cars, including Alpine, Audi, Lancia, Subaru, Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota…
1f50a.png
Reworked Audio Design
⚙️
And more!

WRC 10 will be available on September 2, 2021 on Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and later on Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
I just ran a quick run in Croatia on gamepad and the first thing I noticed was that it ran fluid with no stuttering or any similar issues, though I had no such problems in WRC9 neither, but many others encountered it.

Here is my opinion of the demo. I think the graphics level is a little better than the previous one, the colors also look better to me. I think the sound of the co-pilot is also a little better. I like the dashcam closer and without the black glass strip on top. The cockpits are no longer dark either.

In terms of physics, these seams quite strange to me. The car seems that it doesn't have as much weight/aerodynamic load as the previous one (WRC 9). The car at low speeds on gravel slides a lot. It has to have more grip. On tarmac something is off also.

Car sounds are a disgrace, especially when you lift your foot off the throtle. In the replays then... :confused: .
Update: its seams better in a more advanced version of this game...

I'm not very confident about this game, but we'll see it until its release.

I would like to hear your feedback too. ;)

Last edited:
Hello friends,
I've made a couple of run with the wheel. First feeling is the gameplay, the feeling is better than WRC 9. Also the car is heavier with a little more inertia. The braking also has been reduced, that's a good point. The game is much easier than RBR but you can do mistakes.
But all off these good points are ruined by the Sound! OMG, it's a disaster. Why why why ?Devs are working on this serie since a couple of years now. They are lazy :D Look what have been done with fMOD and an old game like RBR...
The interface and race intro are always the same, we can forgive that but not for the sound. Also, the replay could be better with more ambiance and close up camera.
Here is a video WRC 10 VS Real life that I made. There is a scene were I have mixed real WRC sound with the game. This is a complete game changer, the dream. Let's hope the devs can implement real sound until the release but I'm sceptical. If you like the video, hit the like button and subscribe for more content. Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes the sounds are really bad! Especially in replays. I found the cars lighter than WRC 9...

Can you play the Demo? i wanted to test it more but its not available enymore :(
Good question, I haven't tried. I think the demo has a date limit. But at least we have an idea.
WRC 10 is not bad but IMO ,the big issue is the sound. Sound is 50% of a game. Whatever the game, even with photo realistic graphic, perfect physics ( not the case here), a game with poor sound will stay an arcad game. They really need to work on that (couple of years now!)
Codemasters will take the licence after and hopefuly they are very talented devs.. :thumbsup:

Well, no need to look for other reviews, that was throurough!

I agree on the graphics. While the newer cars look decent, the historic stuff is terrible. That someone is getting payed to do this when there're people out there doing it better for free is really poor. But that has been the case ever since modding was invented.
The lighting in particular struck me, its so bad its shocking. Far too bright is some places and the coloring of the light, sky and road surface looks like something that came straight from NFS or something.

Physics I mostly agree with. Yes gravel physics looks to have improved but asphalt looks equally as crap as DR. No rally game has ever mastered this yet. And stop basing the physics on a center axis pivot dammit, its the easy way out.

Sounds: I had a 4 line description here originally, but I'm going to replace it with a 'wow'. And not in a good way.

Periphirals: I'm not surprised here as one of the places where things are neglected due to time and money are the periphirals oddly enough as they're kinda the most important thing to get right. Its even more odd that Logitech users could be in trouble (as you say in the video) as they are by far the biggest group. This part needs to work 100% before launch, Dakar famously managed to screw this up royally and payed the price.

Multiplayer: Is that even possible? Wasnt mentioned.

There's a lot of fundamental things that are either poorly made or poorly optimized. But as expected before I saw the video, nothing surprised me. I hoped for the better but right now that hope is nearly gone. It depends how much they're going to charge for it; Say 20-30 euros and I'll remove much of my critique, but if its the full 60 euro then absolutely forget it.

Last edited:
well....... im sorry but i think its awful, its a complete regression from WRC9, and light years behind DR2.0

its full of empty content and all the issues from previous games are still here

we still CANNOT drive as a WRC driver in a WRC game unless its for single stage action.

only way to do a championship is to grind yet another stupid rally3 and rally 2 career, the career was great in WRC8 but im done doing the smae thing over and over year after year

the car sounds are generic and awful, im missing anti lag sounds on all cars depending on the view, its a one sound fits all depending on the class of car, and sound like a vax, the incar sounds are weak, iv been saying for years now allow is to change camera AND sound bank, stop locking the sounds to cameras, its 2021, not 1983.

still need to use wipers in the dry, just have an option to disable windscreen effect, its not rocket science

the anniversary mode/stages is just pointless, same single stage for what ever country is picked, just difference in spectators and barriers, theres ZERO option to run any of the older classic cars in a full rally or championship, its pointless empty boring content

the car models are off, HUGE tyres, tiny wheels....... on tarmac........ and most of the models are reminding me of milestones SLRE, you can see its a subaru, but its like one the chinese have ripped off and tried to build there own version, the celica is missing its bonnet grille, the hole is there, not grille is present

the country list isnt correct for 2021 season although i know this could have been effected by covid but im sure Wales rally GB was called off last year for 2021 and was replaced by belgium(i dont know if this rally will be added at a later date) throw some snow over the finland tracks you already have, atleast try!!!

i liked WRC 8 and 9 alot, just as much as i enjoy Dirt rally 2.0, but 10 is quite bad IMO,

A mcdonalds happy meal has more longevity than this, i was done after 20 mins, id still be playing me happy meal toy way after 20mins

conclusion........ buy a happy meal, it will make you happy and last longer than this hahaa ;)

disclaimer, these are my opinions on the game, im glad some folk are having fun with it, its just not for me, which is sad coz im WRC mad(sport not game!)

stay safe folks :)

MMM

EDIT: i actually enjoyed driving the soob, but the windscreen reflections absolutely killed it for me, in 30 years of driving celicas and subarus and audi S3s, iv never once been distracted by a reflection, yet here its rammed down ya throat like someone is asking for a chuftdy badge at work for being a clever boy. its the same rubbish with KT every year, ruining there own game with art choices that begger belief.

Last edited:
No way........ the audio....... its actually really good....... iv been blindsided by this one.
I use dash or driver cam, the audio is quite weak, then you go from that to quiet replays missing the pops n bangs..... hearing the exhaust popping n banging gets me going faster hahaa, i changed the camera by accident whilst driving the celica and my head once again fell off!
WOW!
i just wish i could have those sounds whilst in cockpit :(
good job though KT, agreed on the soob mind, although it does sound sort of alright on bonnet cam.

things that need sorting out

replay audio
team points allocation
FFB bug
Brighter headlights for the night stages(see below/above.... where ever the pics are....?)
Single rally mode for all classes would be tremendous
Championship mode as one of the drivers, without having to jump through the WRC 3 and 2 hoops

a couple of screen shots of one of the bloom PP filters in reshade to up the light intensity

peace out

MMM

Attachments

• ScreenShot_20210908005225.png
    ScreenShot_20210908005225.png
    739.6 KB · Views: 95
  • ScreenShot_20210908005305.png
    ScreenShot_20210908005305.png
    557.5 KB · Views: 93
Hello Friends,

For me, WRC 10 is better than WRC 9. We know the sound is a mess but the game gives good sensations with the wheel and some ajustements as the car is balancing too much.
I feel like there is more inertia and the braking distance is better. The onboard sound while playing ( not the replay) has been also improved. We are still far away from realistic sound. (too bad, I was hoping a good surprise for the release even if it sounds better compared to the demo). No comments for the sound of the engine during the replay (is it a joke Kylotonn?) Graphics are Old Gen, and the blur during the replay is ugly.
Agent Hex, if you are reading this, we hope you will release your magic Mod :D
Here is a video I made showing several aspects of the game + a comparison to Real Life. I have also replaced some sequences with real sound, this bring the game to another level :thumbsup:
Cheers ^^

Last edited:
After a few stutters. and a freeze the first twenty minutes, I played for two hours with no issues. Only thing is I have to use GimX to avoid having my fps being cut in half by my AccuForce, Just as with the previous games.
Cars felt heavier than in 9, in a good way.

Cars felt heavier than in 9, in a good way.
Funnily enough I've got the opposite just feels marginally lighter than 9 with everything at default, also not running as smooth on my potato as 9 either, but probably due for some optimisation before release and some graphics adjust from me but still very playable.
I might hang back as I've still got loads of time yet in 9.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back