[WIP]AI Mod v0,1b (Patch 1.2!)

@zlep, an Ai mod with a minor out of sight bug (+/- 0.2s) is better than no Ai mod at all

If there is a chance the bug can be cured then let kristiannn try. I'm not suggesting you guys didn't give it your all but maybe kristiannn is on to something! If he can't fix it then at least he's been able to greatly reduce the bug's effect so that is a partial win for us. Let him try! (I know you are just trying to save him some frustration but I think he is aware, no need to repeat yourself)

Don't give up kristiannn! Keep up the good work!

I am not helping with the mod, just an enthusiastic fan :)

I'm not going to guess when the mod will come, kristiannn will release when it's ready. Though I think these are his objectives:

1. Fix (and TEST) out of sight bug
2. If #1 can't be done reduce out of sight bug's effect as much as possible (TEST)
3. Adjust braking points (TEST)
4. tweak Ai aggression (overall and per-driver) (mostly done?)
5. tweak DNF and damage multiplier (TEST) (mostly done?)

So he has some work to do! He has said before that he doesn't want to release incomplete work, probably because then people complain (because they don't know what WIP means). So then he would have to split time between finishing the mod and responding to complainers or problems with the pre-release. Better for him to get it to as complete a state as possible before releasing it.

I am not helping with the mod, just an enthusiastic fan :)

I'm not going to guess when the mod will come, kristiannn will release when it's ready. Though I think these are his objectives:

1. Fix (and TEST) out of sight bug
2. If #1 can't be done reduce out of sight bug's effect as much as possible (TEST)
3. Adjust braking points (TEST)
4. tweak Ai aggression (overall and per-driver) (mostly done?)
5. tweak DNF and damage multiplier (TEST) (mostly done?)

So he has some work to do! He has said before that he doesn't want to release incomplete work, probably because then people complain (because they don't know what WIP means). So then he would have to split time between finishing the mod and responding to complainers or problems with the pre-release. Better for him to get it to as complete a state as possible before releasing it.

when he first open this subject I cant download after days I look download link not have.so Now I want to try with bug or not bug no problem for me but anyone dont giving this mod and I also enthusiastic fan this mod​

@mertbabakar: Kristiannn started this thread so we could follow his progress and comment on changes he was making. He never promised us when we could download it. He has promised that he wants the mod to be as perfect as possible before he releases it. So we will just have to wait until then.

@impatient people: If you ask a modder to promise a release date then he feels unnecessary pressure and you either get a rushed work (so bugs/mistakes) or you get disappointed since it will be late. Keep in mind kristiannn is doing this for free in his spare time

If all people do is ask for a download link it won't happen. Instead we should be telling the modder their time is appreciated and we are eager for a release (but not in an inpatient manner).

rmCurvatureMultiplier is the thing you know. To be honest, I'm not sure if it does at least something... It worked before Patch 1.2 but now it does absolutely nothing. It MAY change the times by 0,2 secs or something but... It can't be controlled good anyways. With value 1.06 the cars are faster than with 1.16 for example. You can't adjust it properly. And when you know from where you can adjust the times, why I don't see out of sight bug fix anywhere?

And when you aaaaalll knew these things before I started working on A mod (not THIS mod but A mod at all), why there's not a fix even for 1 track? I said it before, I'll say it again ==> rmCurvatureMultiplier doesn't do ANYTHING! Get out it from your head! I may not do it a lot better than you, but even now, the out of sight lap times are a LOT better than before. This game is absolutely the same as F1 2010. In F1 2010, there wasn't such bug so this means it can be removed from here too... It's a very simple logic.

Are you kidding me?
How many times did I say in this thread, that each track needs other values. And no, I'm not talking just about rmCurvatureMultiplier.
I don't know what you think you found, but when you send me your "fix" you said out of sight bug was gone. First test I did and there it was. Absolutely NOTHING changed to what our status was long time before you started with your mod. When I said I have to disappoint you, I was right.

What I forgot to say: I'm still available for testing your fixes, cause like I said: I would be very happy if anybody would fix the bug.

Are you kidding me?
How many times did I say in this thread, that each track needs other values. And no, I'm not talking just about rmCurvatureMultiplier.
I don't know what you think you found, but when you send me your "fix" you said out of sight bug was gone. First test I did and there it was. Absolutely NOTHING changed to what our status was long time before you started with your mod. When I said I have to disappoint you, I was right.

And what are you talking about then? The only thing you've told anybody is the rmCurvatureMultiplier. That's what you told me, that's what you've written in the topics about it... And why there isn't a mid-fixed mod just so you don't have 3 seconds differences on every track? Each track needs another value - yes, but overall if you make an average value the out of sight bug won't be so noticeable. At least we can make it from 3 to 0,5 seconds easily. Try installing a clean Patch 1.2, then put my mod to see the difference. It's not completely fixed as I thought in the beginning but it's certainly better! Before I started to work on this mod I looked all over the net for a fix, the only 2 good topics I found you were in them.. and the only thing that was discovered was the rmcurvaturemultiplier. And now when there's a new thing found, I can't find anyone telling about it.... Strange huh... :D

Pre Patch rmCurvatureMultiplier worked fine to fix the bug, so why should we wrote about anything else. But that does not mean I didn't worked on the bug post patch.
The difference is, I'm not satisfied with a 0,5 second gap. I already explained why. So this is not a fix.
And I do not start hype "my" buggy mod before I'm not 100% sure it works like it should.

I told you before I tested your "fix" that you didn't fixed it and I was right. So what are we discussing here?

zlep 3 seconds per lap out of sight bug down to 0.5 secs changes the game from unplayable to kind of tolerable. kristiannn is certainly on to something and we all should rally to his support (I suggest).

Sounds like there is some good progress and let us all keep our fingers crossed.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK kristiannn

zlep 3 seconds per lap out of sight bug down to 0.5 secs changes the game from unplayable to kind of tolerable. kristiannn is certainly on to something and we all should rally to his support (I suggest).

Maybe it's tolerable, but like I said: This has nothing to do with what he found. It's just Patch 2 and the corresponding values, because post patch the out of sight bug is different on every track. e.g. China 2 seconds, Melbourne mostly gone, Singapur 0.8 and so on...

And no, it has nothing to do with catchup.xml. This file has no impact to the out of sight bug.

@hcrockso, the bug has nothing to do with catchup.xml

Now what I've found is that I can tweak it by track categories. Which means that I can get it right on Monza and Monaco.

1st group of tracks:
melbourne, catalunya, istanbul, montreal, valencia, hockenheim, hungaroring, brazil, nurburgring

2nd group of tracks:
sepang, shanghai, silverstone, spa, singapore, suzuka, korea, abu dhabi, delhi

So I can find an average value for the 1st group of tracks and the 2nd and separated a value for Monza and a value for Monaco. I'll still try to find out if I can tweak it for exactly every track but for now this is the newest thing I found.

Now Zlep tested a track from the 2nd group of tracks - Sepang. And I only made a value which was right for Melbourne. They're not in the same category and I had put only 1 value for both of them. Now it may be made more correctly but still, it's not the fix I was really hoping for... =/ But at least we have now 2 tracks which will have no out of sight bug at all - Monaco and Monza.

@daytona64, zlep's upper post is actually right. It varies. At least till now, there were a lot of ups and downs in the times. Especially when you test tracks from different categories. We'll see how things go out when I set a value for the different categories. I'll be still searching for a track-based fix but don't get too motivated, there's a bigger chance that I won't be able to do it.

This would mean, if I test the tracks from group 1 with the file you send me, there is no out of sight gap (like in melbourne you said)?
If you want, I can test this and post the results.

If this would be the case it would be a huge step, cause then we would just need the files for group one and files for group 2 to eliminate the bug completely. Not a big deal for me. Just changing the files before moving to the next career race,

We are waiting and you work to fix this bug for a long time and If you dont fix bug wrote here and delete threads Okey! you saying fixed bug after new bug and so we are bored from this

You didn't understand me correctly. It's not a big deal for me to make 19 different files for every track, my aim is to make it with 1 file for all tracks. And with the groups you didn't understand me correctly too.

Look at the first group of tracks:
melbourne, catalunya, istanbul, montreal, valencia, hockenheim, hungaroring, brazil, nurburgring

All of them have almost the same track setup. They're all tracks with higher downforce, more turns and less high speed.

2nd group of tracks:
sepang, shanghai, silverstone, spa, singapore, suzuka, korea, abu dhabi, delhi

Now all of these tracks are played with less downforce and more speed. They're in the same category in the game. With 1 file, I can put a value to "minimize" the out of sight bug for the 1st and 2nd group. I mean, I can set the 1st group to "0,725" << just a random number.. and the 2nd group to "0,535" << another random number.. The first number (0,725) will work for all tracks from the first group (melbourne, catalunya, turkey, montreal, valencia, bla bla bla) and the 2nd number (0,535) will work for all tracks from the second group (malaysia, silverstone, spa, korea, abu dhabi, bla bla bla). Monaco on the other hand is just 1 track in a group so there's just 1 number for 1 track, not 1 number for 10 tracks and it can be made perfectly. Monza is the same. It's just Monza in a group so 1 number for 1 track. I can't really explain because of my English level but I hope you'll understand me.

Yeah, I think I understood it already. Have the same problem, can't explain it perfect because of the language :D

It's a good idea to find one number which works for all tracks, but if you can't find one, it's not a big deal to have two. One which works for group 1 and one which works for group 2. We just have to replace the file corresponding to the track.
So did you already find the two numbers? If yes, just send it to me, I can test it (also with my edited braking points) and tell you my findings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back