[WIP]AI Mod v0,1b (Patch 1.2!)

It is not that I'm not believe you, but I can't imagine you found a way to fix it. We spent hundred hours to find a way but didn't find one. But if you did it, congratulation.

If you want to know if you really did it, send me the files or the way how you fixed it. I will test it my way and can give then an answer if it works.
Also if you reduced it to a few tenth this would be a success and ok, cause also it's the same in real life.

But again, I believe it first if I see it with my own eyes.

It is not that I'm not believe you, but I can't imagine you found a way to fix it. We spent hundred hours to find a way but didn't find one. But if you did it, congratulation.

If you want to know if you really did it, send me the files or the way how you fixed it. I will test it my way and can give then an answer if it works.
Also if you reduced it to a few tenth this would be a success and ok, cause also it's the same in real life.

But again, I believe it first if I see it with my own eyes.

Look at your inbox.

Look at your inbox.

Ok, here are my findings:

Did a few races in Malaysia, 50 %, dry
AI in sight: 1:35:900 - 1:36:100
AI out of sight: 1:36:600 - 1:37:100
= AI round about 0.8 seconds slower out of sight!!

Then I added my vehicle_track_file.xml with edited braking points:
Got the same result, AI out of sight round about 0.8 seconds slower then in sight.

Conclusion: First findings showing that there is still a (too) big gap between in sight and out of sight speed.
BUT the gap were stable when I added my vehicle_track_file.xml which makes lap times around 2 seconds faster.

For me that means, it could be that you are on the right way, but it's still far away from being perfect. I did not test other tracks, so if there is no gap at Melbourne (as you said) we have the same problem like we had all the time: each track needs another value to fix the out of sight bug. That would mean nothing changed to our problem.

Hope I could help a little bit. Unfortunately not the result I was hoping for.

@ Zlep we can get the result we want but we need to try for that
glad you are Also helping him in the testing mate
As you suggested if we get a perfect value for each track then we can edit the Breaking points perfectly so that we can have the AI equal to human
I wish we can succeed and lets hope for that

Got the same result, AI out of sight round about 0.8 seconds slower then in sight.

Conclusion: First findings showing that there is still a (too) big gap between in sight and out of sight speed.
BUT the gap were stable when I added my vehicle_track_file.xml which makes lap times around 2 seconds faster.

For me that means, it could be that you are on the right way, but it's still far away from being perfect. I did not test other tracks, so if there is no gap at Melbourne (as you said) we have the same problem like we had all the time: each track needs another value to fix the out of sight bug. That would mean nothing changed to our problem.

I have a few more ideas about it, I just need some time to see if it will work. There's a big chance it won't of course but let the hope live...

@Kristiaan I just following this mod I need a good mod I believe you can do it.And give me current mod and I try Ok!
@Zlep Can you give me your .xml also I want to try

Sounds like your doing a great job guys, I really hope you can achieve the result, It might get me back to playing the game again, keep it up.

I said I won't be able to work this week on it so that's why I'm responding so late.

As for the all who want to participate in the testings, I already have 4 testers, one of them never did anything so he only screwed me to receive the mod. I don't want this to happen again and + that 3 testers are more than enough at this stage.

Tonight, I won't be able to work on it too so we'll see tomorrow night what's going to happen with the Out Of Sight bug and will my ideas work. As for the PMs send to me, I'll answer you on a PM, not here so check your inbox(es).

It makes no sense to make a AI mod with the sight bug.

e.g. with my edited braking points, lap times getting 2 or 3 seconds faster so that you have to push really hard to stay with the AI. so now it's pitting time, AI is out of your sight and suddenly they go 2 seconds faster. result: you can never catch them anymore after the pitstops. or on the other hand, they are a second slower out of sight. that means you just have to wait for the pitstop to overtake the AI cause you know that they are slower out of sight.

you see, if we can't sort out or minimize the out of sight bug, every AI mod is crap.

@Zlep we are trying to get the thing right firstly Rowingace also failed in pre patch version but after some struggle he got it
just like that we are trying to get the Thing right and for that we need time we don't know whether it will be fixed or not but let us try
I know with the Out of Sight bug the AI Mod will be crap but we are trying

You're writing this since months, but I never saw you did anything. I know what I tried already. I changed every single value in the .xmls mostly but nothing worked. I know what I'm talking about if I say there is no chance to fix it that way.

Sorry if I have to be honest but it's the truth.

Edit: btw. that's also why RowingAce gave up. I had a conversion with him some time ago and he has the same opinion.

It makes no sense to make a AI mod with the sight bug.

e.g. with my edited braking points, lap times getting 2 or 3 seconds faster so that you have to push really hard to stay with the AI. so now it's pitting time, AI is out of your sight and suddenly they go 2 seconds faster. result: you can never catch them anymore after the pitstops. or on the other hand, they are a second slower out of sight. that means you just have to wait for the pitstop to overtake the AI cause you know that they are slower out of sight.

you see, if we can't sort out or minimize the out of sight bug, every AI mod is crap.

You can only speak against everyone's work, don't you. I did a 100% race last night at Melbourne and there wasn't out of sight bug. The problem is that on some tracks there is a difference from the lap times in and out of sight.

You're writing this since months, but I never saw you did anything. I know what I tried already. I changed every single value in the .xmls mostly but nothing worked. I know what I'm talking about if I say there is no chance to fix it that way.

Sorry if I have to be honest but it's the truth.

Edit: btw. that's also why RowingAce gave up. I had a conversion with him some time ago and he has the same opinion.

I don't know who and what is writing since months, but I needed only 1 week to find out what controls the out of sight lap times. I don't know how it is not possible when I can clearly see that it is. The ONLY problem is the differences in the setups for all tracks. On some tracks the AI can be slower out of sight, on some can be faster.. If I find a way to control this value for every different track, I'll 100% remove the bug. If I don't succeed, I'll at least make an average value so the Out Of Sight bug is on the minimum @ every track.

Oh and I forgot to tell... The edited breaking points and etc don't change the differences in the lap times. I mean if there is 0,2 sec difference without edited breaking points, cornering speeds and etc.. with them it will still be 0,2 sec.

@Zlep : i know that it was some kind of difficult task but i don't leave the thing until it was Fixed or until i say that i was going to leave it
what's the point of trying if we Left so easily I think it was My attitude of not giving up which may look like foolishness
So i beleive there is still a way to get it right and i will try until i was completely failed

You can only speak against everyone's work, don't you. I did a 100% race last night at Melbourne and there wasn't out of sight bug. The problem is that on some tracks there is a difference from the lap times in and out of sight.

I don't know who and what is writing since months, but I needed only 1 week to find out what controls the out of sight lap times. I don't know how it is not possible when I can clearly see that it is. The ONLY problem is the differences in the setups for all tracks. On some tracks the AI can be slower out of sight, on some can be faster.. If I find a way to control this value for every different track, I'll 100% remove the bug. If I don't succeed, I'll at least make an average value so the Out Of Sight bug is on the minimum @ every track.

Oh and I forgot to tell... The edited breaking points and etc don't change the differences in the lap times. I mean if there is 0,2 sec difference without edited breaking points, cornering speeds and etc.. with them it will still be 0,2 sec.

We knew these things long time before you started to work on a mod.
We found the value which controls out of sight speed long time ago.
And we know that every track needs another value to control the out of sight speed since a long time.

So please tell me which progress you did over what we did not know since months.

I already said it: I would be happy if anyone would find a solution, but there is none.

We knew these things long time before you started to work on a mod.
We found the value which controls out of sight speed long time ago.
And we know that every track needs another value to control the out of sight speed since a long time.

So please tell me which progress you did over what we did not know since months.

I already said it: I would be happy if anyone would find a solution, but there is none.

rmCurvatureMultiplier is the thing you know. To be honest, I'm not sure if it does at least something... It worked before Patch 1.2 but now it does absolutely nothing. It MAY change the times by 0,2 secs or something but... It can't be controlled good anyways. With value 1.06 the cars are faster than with 1.16 for example. You can't adjust it properly. And when you know from where you can adjust the times, why I don't see out of sight bug fix anywhere?

And when you aaaaalll knew these things before I started working on A mod (not THIS mod but A mod at all), why there's not a fix even for 1 track? I said it before, I'll say it again ==> rmCurvatureMultiplier doesn't do ANYTHING! Get out it from your head! I may not do it a lot better than you, but even now, the out of sight lap times are a LOT better than before. This game is absolutely the same as F1 2010. In F1 2010, there wasn't such bug so this means it can be removed from here too... It's a very simple logic.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%