Which RTX 3080/90 Model?

Without seeing any test results, which model are you leaning toward?

I kind of like the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G. Likes like it should work well and I have always had good luck with Gigabyte. Would like to get a 3090 buy I can't justify in my head.

I'd love a nVidia founders model but I don't want to let Australia post touch the package, I've seen the way they treat parcels! If I could pick up for nVidia direct that would be my pick this generation. So I'll probably get a Galax or Gigabyte again.

I’m leaning towards ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3090 ROG STRIX GAMING OC. Sorry for caps I copied it and can’t be bothered to retype.

I am leaning towards Zotac‘s 3090/3080. They have a five year warranty, never used Zotac before.
I have a Zotac 2070 super. Very nice card. Slim and quiet, and yeah, for me the warranty means they stand by the quality of their products.

I'm actually quite interested in the Aorus this time though. I'm not sure but does their 3080 card come with some sort of LED screen?

As mentioned in the other thread, building out a 3090 system in the near future. Given the wattage/heat load will be going with an open loop in an 011XL case with a minimum of 600mm total radiator, 900 if slim rads are used (top, side, bottom). At this point, issues are

1. A binned Founders Edition vs. a 3rd party card with a lower spec GPU but possibly better secondary components (NVIDIA bins their GPUs and holds the best back... 3rd party manufacturers get the residuals)

2. If NVIDIA then need to custom block it, but not sure about 3rd party solutions - better to go with custom block or all-in-one solution (card + block)?

As mentioned in the other thread, building out a 3090 system in the near future. Given the wattage/heat load will be going with an open loop in an 011XL case with a minimum of 600mm total radiator, 900 if slim rads are used (top, side, bottom). At this point, issues are

1. A binned Founders Edition vs. a 3rd party card with a lower spec GPU but possibly better secondary components (NVIDIA bins their GPUs and holds the best back... 3rd party manufacturers get the residuals)

2. If NVIDIA then need to custom block it, but not sure about 3rd party solutions - better to go with custom block or all-in-one solution (card + block)?
Just out of curiosity, how do you know 3rd party card suppliers get second rate GPU's?

• Deleted member 197115

Found some old post on that
So based on that NVidia does not bin anything and get random chips into their FE as there is only one SKU.
But partners do when they reserve higher clocking chips for upper tier models, remember these come overclocked out of the box so that makes total sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

And one more, this time directly from NVidia, seems like OC chips are binned, and that same bin is used by both Nvidia and partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll let the early adopters sort out the best 3080s, then buy. :)
I have no idea about the video card industry, but in some industries, the first wave of products are the best since the engineering launch team is on site at the plant and a company wants to get the best versions of the products in the hands of the reviewers. After the initial launch, quality can go down and cost reduction actions applied to the products.

Reactions: dud
  • Deleted member 197115

There are usually some corrections taking place after initial release, sometimes different FW, sometimes HW revision.
So being an early bird might not be that rewarding.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back