Which RTX 3080/90 Model?

Don't FE come with higher clock than reference this time? At least this is what Jay was saying in his video.

I mean thats not what it says on the Nvidia website, or its not clear that the FE cards have elevated clocks over stock. Maybe, will find out on release day i guess. Wouldn't hang your hat on whatever Jay says though.

If you can get your hands on one while they are same cost as msrp I think it will be a bargain tbh. I didn't say the FE cards are reference design though, just reference clocks at stock settings, its very obvious they have put a lot of effort into their cards and cooler design this time yes. They will be higher bin than reference for sure, so all the youtubers give them glowing reviews as they overclock them.

I do wonder where we are going with all this though, surely selling FE cards at msrp is a short term thing given the additional cost of the cooler. I'm betting they slap another 100 on them later on maybe more. Then a 20gb version another 100 or more. Before you know it it'll be just shy of a grand for the one you really want.

• Deleted member 197115

Jay used 2080Ti as an example, doubt that Nvidia changing the way they've been doing it and roll out FE at Reference spec clock.
But we'll see, as there is no physical Reference model from NVidia anymore, they can just stick with reference spec.

1599925473954.png

Most AIB like EVGA historically had stronger offerings with beefed up design and better cooling than NVidia FE/Ref. AIO models being in particularly attractive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the circuit-board and heatsink design of the RTX3000 series FE cards, it'll be vey interesting to see how AIB go about cooling.
The lower pull/push exhaust out rear plane and top pull and blow-through concept will have to see a full reversal of flow if traditional fans (either double or triple) are used.
On the series, I've heard lots of concerns about the 10 GB of GDDR6x being too little.
I highly doubt that'll be the case for racing sims given what and how we render things in game.
It might have ore of an effect on games like COD, etc...

I'm expecting to press the button on a 3090 next week. In preparation I thought I'd look at which sites were working and selling cards at the 2:00pm deadline today when the 3080 cards became available.

ebuyer, scan and overclockers sites all have issues.
ebuyer is offering preorders of the 3080. God know's if they're monitoring stock levels, but looks good
Scan is blocked by cloudflare right now
Overclockers looks to be offline
Nvidia have sold out by 2:05

Last edited:
Wash, rinse, repeat.... Same ol', same ol' nVidia..... Do they really want to sell the FE, of course they don't. There's not the margins that would make nVidia want to bother, create the hype & allow the AIB's to deal with the mess.... Don't get me wrong, good card @ £650 if you can get one. I didn't even get to see "add to cart" once lol, anywhere. Come on AMD, this time, maybe this time you can hit nVidia where it hurts most ;) they need some competition and not the current monopoly they have, you managed it with Intel.

Who remembers the 2080ti launch or the 1080ti launch or even the 980ti and so-on, all the same, difference being they got a good roasting in the press for the 2080ti price. No-one likes bad rep, not even nVidia, so let's be nice to the gamers and launch a new generation 3000 series at a cut down price and be lauded for it.... Total bs folks. nVidia are happy to sell chips to AIB's with limited numbers of FE cards being produced, certainly not enough to meet demand. This will allow AIB's to up prices ad infinitum. I'm just hoping AMD/Radeon can pull a rabbit out of a hat this time.......

Nvidia sold out in 3 minutes?! I mean at this point it feels like a scam TBH. FE cards might as well not even exist. Can't remember it being this bad.

Seeing 3080 preorder prices going up as well now.

If AMD were smart they should announce something now to take advantage, but know they won't.

I've noticed prices have jumped at least £50 on preorder prices today. I've waited this long, so I can wait until they settle to normality and able to pick the brand/model I want rather than scooping the first available card I can find.

• Deleted member 197115

Full list of 3080/3090 cards coming from EVGA.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.