What Was Your Sim Racing 'Mod Of the Year'?

I appreciate the nods to the NFS cars, and I can't find fault with a number of other cars or a couple of tracks if that's your choice... but the correct answer is the shader/light patch + Peter's work on weather @ Assetto Corsa. :D

I mean, adding (great) content is one thing but this is just on another level.

So many good ones mentioned here. Crewchief, URD group 5, fieldberg ring, la canyons, and sim traxx transfaragasan are all top shelf. Also good motivation to get the shaders patch installed from this topic.

For me the best mod of 2018 is the shake it plug in for sim hub. Absolutely amazing tactile feed back program and miles ahead of SSW. Which is $30...

A friendly reminder to PLEASE donate to quality modders so they continue to generate content for us all.

• Deleted member 241736

There‘s only one godfather of MOD
Ilja alias @x4fab with his on going shader patch

CrewChief has a great impact on not just 1 sim but many , the asseto shader pack I'm not aware of it untill this thread ; but it sounds impressive , where do I get it and how do we install it and what does it do ? Cheers.

For me it has to be the Nissan Primera BTCC for Assetto Corsa : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1999-nissan-primera-btcc.3828/. I know it wasn't initially released this year and has been floating around for a while but with a significant physics update with help from Judd giving key data and overall high level of polish on a car which I feel is criminally underappreciated in the video game world this has to be my absolute favourite mod of the year!

Now just need the rest of the 90's super tourer field to re-enact my modern TOCA: Touring car championship reboot dreams !

2018 has been an amazing year for modding to be sure, we've seen amazing tracks and cars on a variety of platforms and they all deserve recognition not only for their hard work but for the quality of the work. 2018 is a year I think we will look back on as one of those where the bar was raised significantly in sim racing.

That said in a year with the aforementioned top notch content nothing has been quite so transformative as Iljas shader work on Assetto Corsa. Not only is it a great mod on it's own, it makes all other mods and official content better as well. Like MrBs Crew Chief it has revolutionized the way I approach that game.

Last edited:
Has to be the shaders patch patch and everything that goes with it, we have track lights, head lights, night racing, rain, working wipers... This stuff gave new life to an already great game and we've got day to night transitions in coming too. AC will continue to be in my rotation no matter what else is going on in sim racing

Has to be the shaders patch patch and everything that goes with it, we have track lights, head lights, night racing, rain, working wipers... This stuff gave new life to an already great game and we've got day to night transitions in coming too. AC will continue to be in my rotation no matter what else is going on in sim racing
Yeah but how and where do you get it and install it?

Can't believe I haven't tried this yet! :redface: I will need to remedy the situation very soon. Can someone point me in the right direction where/how to get it?

Another for the shaders patch here. Its amazing, i never ever liked racing at night in sims, didn't think it ever looked good and always seemed a bit pointless, like its a sim so why would i not chose the perfect conditions, dry and daytime.....

But hell, this shaders patch now i find it hard not to drive at night, its the way it works with the tracks by giving them lights too, you see that at night a race track, at least the big famous ones, have lights everywhere, nothing is pitch black.....

This mods wins for me....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea