What Was Your Sim Racing 'Mod Of the Year'?

Have to be the Custom Shaders Patch for AC, an incredible amount of work must have gone into that!
I cant even imagine the work gone into it, I think the guy is working on it 12-15hrs a day non stop,
day after day month after month, the workload and development is just mind blowing,
all hail @x4fab The Wizard of AC.............................................................

Feldberg Ring...Fat Alfie .....hands downs the most impressive achievement this year 2018/2017
You beat me to it Jim.
There were lots of very, very impressive mods this year.
It was like somebody opened a 'spigot' on modding this year.
That said....Fat-Alfie knocked it out-of-the-park with this one.

Crewchief is the mod I use the most and adds a lot of value to several sims I play, so that would be my vote overall. Looking at car mods, I really like the work RSS, ASR Formula and VRC are doing. I have not tried the RSS Formula 2000 yet, which seems to be the best mod they have produced up till now, so it must be very good! The best track of the year was Sebring for rF2, but that is official S397 content so no mod. So there my vote goes to Watkins Glen International by LilSki. Looking at external apps, I really like RacePad for rF2 on my iPad.

Reactions: BP
Downloaded content manager for AC today, had never even seen it before. What a great app. Donated and got the full version pretty much straight away. How do I add the custom shaders in to the game from here?

Downloaded content manager for AC today, had never even seen it before. What a great app. Donated and got the full version pretty much straight away. How do I add the custom shaders in to the game from here?

I think to install the shaders is very easy if you have cm, just select instal for cm. What you do once its installed i do not know. I select night time in the weather & it doesn't get dark enough just twilight. The stereo 3d mirrors in vr are really amazing though i had no idea it was going to do that.

2018 was an amazing year for sim racing content.
The most impactful mods for me were:

DRM Revival Mod for Assetto Corsa:
- RAW, pure, REAL racing cars
- my most loved type of racing - no nannies, no helpers, just ALWAYS more power than grip and a constant dancing with your machine - I love it
Screenshot_drm_3h_ks_nurburgring_13-10-118-23-34-14.jpg

Ilja's Content Manager Dynamic Light Shaders Patch
- something completely unimaginable just a year or two ago completely unthinkable it boggles the mind
Screenshot_drm_3h_spa_7-10-118-0-23-17.jpg

Peter Boese's continuing incredible Good & Bad Weather Mod
- the continuous pursuit of perfection and realism
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_ks_brands_hatch_5-10-118-16-37-34.jpg

RSS GT1 mod
- the one single package of simracing content produced by a small independent team that not only DEFINED a new quality standard in content creation but has thus far in history been the only package of independently created mod content that challenged THE BEST official content in EVERY regard
- a lesson in perfection - I wish we will see more vintage and modern GT racing content from RSS
Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_spa_3-1-119-2-33-51.jpg

URD Ford GT LM GTE mod for AC and rF2
- a new quality standard for URD that showed after a long hiatus that URD is absolutely able to create mod content to the highest quality levels
- it also was one of the handful of car mods the community around modern GT racing was waiting and hoping for for a long, long time
- I hope URD will follow this one up with a few of the remaining unicorn cars we wish to drive in AC and rF2 that are currently only filled in by conversion mods
- I also wish that URD can act as an inspiration to other modders to produce high end content for several platforms (I would LOOOOOVE a RSS GT1 or a DRM Revival mod for rF2)
Screenshot_urd_detroit_egt_2018_china-gp_3-1-119-1-33-20.jpg

Road Atlanta 2017+2018 mods
- one of the greatest tracks in vintage and modern GT racing and a true gem of a mod
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_30_road_atlanta2017_11-10-118-12-41-9.jpg

Okayama for AC (was it released in '18?)
- From all mod and official tracks probably the most highly detailed and most elaborately created tracks in sim racing (who has not yet taken to explore ALL of the service roads AROUND the actual race track?)
- the amount of detail is mind boggling
Screenshot_drm_3h_okayama_8-10-118-1-18-7.jpg

Feldbergring
- a lovingly built track that brings the unfortunately not raced anymore vintage tracks to our remembering
- pure quality built and a testament that David is one of the handful of master track builders we are happy to see in the headline of a track mod because we KNOW the mod is going to be first rate

Mosport for Assetto Corsa
- a track as a COMPLETE surprise showing up from nowhere and completely taken me away on a FAST, never having a rest to breathe lap, battling with opponents side by side through extreme high speed corners
- it helps also that the builder has a strong motivation to absolute authenticity which will cement this track for many, many years to come as one of the major sim racing mod tracks to race at
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_johnr777_mosport_30-12-118-1-7-48.jpg

Jim Lloyd's continual improved track conversions, especially Bathurst, Zolder, Macau
- arguably without people like Jim all we would do is never being able to drive many of our favorite tracks that are not newly scratch build for the latest generation of simulators
- Bathurst, Zolder and Macau are the tracks I enjoy the most and are tracks we simple need in simracing
Screenshot_ks_porsche_917_k_bathurst_fm7_30-9-118-16-15-31.jpg

Porsche 909 Bergspyder
- an obscure mod of an incredible feat in engineering under the superhuman focus and talent of an elite engineering team under Ferdinand Piech
- a car I am searching for DECADES in sim racing and by chance showing up around Christmas having given me a truly great time
Screenshot_gd_porsche_909_bs_ks_laguna_seca_29-12-118-17-24-16.jpg

All of these had an immense impact on my sim racing during 2018 but if there was a sim racing police forcing me to delete ALL OF THEM but ONE, I would without even flinching an eye keep …

the DRM Revival mod.

It is the one single mod - in fact the one single overall simracing experience of all simracing since I do this since the very early 1990's that is the most visceral, direct, raw, real, hot racing. I would not give racing a Porsche 935 K3 for any other sim racing experience. This is THE ONE.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back