What Was Your Sim Racing 'Mod Of the Year'?

Mod%20of%20the%20year.jpg

rFactor2's Oreca 07 LM P2 has definitely taught me a lot about driving and set-up. Blast to drive but not too fast for brain to keep up.
Since we can't really have LM P1, i wish we had the other P2s as well.

Gentle Mind Performance Honda NSX-R NA2:
  • Obsessive attention to detail.
  • Laps Tsukuba within a few milliseconds of the real thing.
  • Has handling idiosyncrasies (mainly due to its odd Belleville-type diff) that can only be discovered by driving the car in AC, then talking to actual NA2 owners and/or looking at old message boards for owners.
  • Doesn't like to rotate the way a MR usually does. You have to drive it to get the most out of it.

My vote goes for RSS GT for AC, even if technically its first incomplete iteration was by the very end of 2017. It set a very high standard for a (near) complete series pack, both in models, sounds, physics.
This was very welcome on a game where many of its older race cars (both original content and brilliant mods) are missing contemporary opponents.

Last edited:
In just here to say thanks @Paul Jeffrey for creating this thread as it now gives a concise list of what the community thinks is worth downloading :)

Haven't downloaded much mods this year but worth mentioning is S397's endurance and both GT3 car packs...can't put rF2 down because of it. Also, the amount of amazing tracks made between Patrick Giranthon and Lilski for AMS and rF2 combined deserves two VERY enthusiastic thumbs up; fine holiday fun. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My #1 pick though has got to be CrewChief...one mighty little app that feels way more than just a bunch of canned responses and continues to improve. Between all the data it can provide and you can request using voice recognition (!), the personalized touch when it calls you by name, or nickname even, provided Mr_Belowski graciously takes time out periodically to add them to the list, and encourages you to keep the pressure on the guy ahead, or scolds you for the slip-ups (swearing optional, but preferred lol)...having the option to choice different CrewChiefs AND a separate spotter voice (Claire has saved me many times over)...different audio outs, support for pretty much every sim past and present...we throw the word "immersion" around quite often, but this single app alone can make an AI race feel like an event...very immersive indeed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back