What is currently your favorite PC racing title?

What is currently your favorite PC racing title?

• Assetto Corsa

• Assetto Corsa Competizione

• iRacing

• Automobilista 2

• rFactor 2

• Rennsport

• RaceRoom Racing Experience

• Other, specify in the comments please

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really wish there was something to do in AC apart from multiplayer, but it's AI with all possible mods and tweaks is just infuriating. The content, the looks, the feels, ah, still so good.
But luckily there's AMS2 now.

Gmotor guy since SCGT :p
No it's hardly perfect but always drove better then the opposition imho.
Apart from driving most everything else was secondary to me were I know that is the opposite for the majority. So no news figures bear this out and all the servers in the world will not change that.

I tend to judge a sim on their core's but if I allow for all facets to be primary concern then I guess I could have up to half a dozen favourites.

For instance having triples, VR or motion may entirely change my perception.

Something like RSS 1990 F1 mod for Assetto Corsa is so good that no other sim title can compete. Not even close. Sure AMS2 F1 mods are great but AC is still the best. No other game can give me such feeling.

This cost me what... 3 Euros. Probably the best mod I've ever tried.

I made my best lap ever with Prost/Ferrari in Interlagos qualifying and beat my teammate Mansell slightly... but in the end both McLaren's (Senna and Berger) beat me. The feeling of realism is outstanding when you set up the championship properly. And these cars are fast in races too. Having a blast with this.

nKA1ZVq.jpg

Last edited:
Something like RSS 1990 F1 mod for Assetto Corsa is so good that no other sim title can compete. Not even close. Sure AMS2 F1 mods are great but AC is still the best. No other game can give me such feeling.

This cost me what... 3 Euros. Probably the best mod I've ever tried.

I made my best lap ever with Prost/Ferrari in Interlagos qualifying and beat my teammate Mansell slightly... but in the end both McLaren's (Senna and Berger) beat me. The feeling of realism is outstanding when you set up the championship properly. And these cars are fast in races too. Having a blast with this.

nKA1ZVq.jpg

Hey there. I use that mod sometimes in my server . Look for FIA REGION IV, server in AC.

Kind regards.

AC for Sure , with the Great Modding Community the game is Top level of simaracing right know because , one things have learn about 10 years Racing in Sim games is you need to enjoy every session you play , i have play Rf2 a lot is incredible but some of bugs still here and with the graphics settings you always touch one things for better experience is sad , im OFFLINE players most of the times i enjoy play with IA i like it like and AC for this is Fun for Exemple i Recreate Lemans race in AC i enjoy all laps around the circuit (SX_LEMANS) in comparaison to RF2 the track is awesome in Rf2 you need a computer more 3000€ for run the game perfectly , When you add 40 vehicule in track damnnn is too bad , In conclusion AC is the best experience in simracing right Know for Enjoy all the session you play , but i think if Motorsportgames go to the bankrupt and modding Community go to RF2 is the best base for create a AC 2.0 !

GPL, GTL and GTR2 (and P&G!) will always remain my most adored sim-racing titles but, unfortunately, there hasn't been any replacement (or remake) to bring them up to modern standards. Maybe the upcoming GTR Revival... who knows?

Right now I'm enjoying AC with quality mods, such as RSS GT/GTN (early 2000s Fia GT, payware) and VRC Touring-Cars (late 90s BTCC, payware) and a plethora of quality tracks (plus the mandatory CM + Sol + 3rd parties' shaders).
The available content, customization, the community and the ammount of stuff you can do in AC, easily makes it the "go to" sim. Funny enough, despite its age it also looks the best in my opinion (2D or VR), though it also requires 3rd parties mods for that.

I also enjoy DR2 a lot, and most of my favorite Rally cars are there (but all iconic Toyotas still missing). Didn't gel with RBR, neither with the previous and latest WRC titles.

Those two (AC + mods, and DR2) are currently the best in all of sim-racing, IMHO.
I did try most (if not all?) of the modern racing-sims - and there are good titles - but nothing comes close for me.

Last edited:
Darn, rF2 has dropped to 4.3% lol
Even still it matches all other gmotor ( ie: other stuff and Raceroom = 4.3% )

But I said before it's not a real average.
If you did this thread at a home of gmotor then GTR2 /GTL/PnG/rFactor/AMS together would easily out score rF2.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm into old F1 seasons because I find current F1 so boring and sterile. And just listen to that 1990 V12 Ferrari... glorious. Doesn't sound like a mosquito whine like today's cars. Those cars were analog monsters. Nothing better than drive this era on AC. Sure I've done some modern seasons too... like 2022... very well done, amazingly talented modders... but the modern era just don't have the same atmosphere (for me anyway).

I'm old... but not quite old enough to remember the 80's but I've watched some races and that got me completely hooked. Check the last 1986 Adelaide race season finale for example. It had more action than past 5 current F1 seasons put together.

Senna, Lauda with burnt face, Prost, Mansell, Andrea de Chrasheris, Alesi, Berger, K.Rosberg... amazing characters compared to current drivers who look like boy band members.

Just look at this video... so amazing. Keke Rosberg with that hair, the moustache and smoking is cooler than all drivers together in the last 10 years. :D

Last edited:
Yeah I'm into old F1 seasons because I find current F1 so boring and sterile. And just listen to that 1990 V12 Ferrari... glorious. Doesn't sound like a mosquito whine like today's cars. Those cars were analog monsters. Nothing better than drive this era on AC. Sure I've done some modern seasons too... like 2022... very well done, amazingly talented modders... but the modern era just don't have the same atmosphere (for me anyway).

I'm old... but not quite old enough to remember the 80's but I've watched some races and that got me completely hooked. Check the last 1986 Adelaide race season finale for example. It had more action than past 5 current F1 seasons put together.

Senna, Lauda with burnt face, Prost, Mansell, Andrea de Chrasheris, Alesi, Berger, K.Rosberg... amazing characters compared to current drivers who look like boy band members.

Just look at this video... so amazing. Keke Rosberg with that hair, the moustache and smoking is cooler than all drivers together in the last 10 years. :D

Are you maybe a lost brother of mine ?
I mean I can share 90% of your feelings .. feel the same.
Sometimes I just turn on some 70s or 80s F1 races on YT and just enjoy.
I am in my mid40s so as a kid I managed to watch Senna vs Prost years.

Thanks Kenny. And sorry for OT in this thread.

Amazing, at the same time I opened another thread. Can you merge them? :D

I created a decent opening post. Hopefully it'll be a long thread hehe.

Last edited:
I am surprised AC is so high. As I've gotten older spending hours modding games, and not just racing games has kind of become too cumbersome. I rather jump in something and race either the AI or online. If it's online it's clearly iracing. No other sim can provide good racing with the general public like it can. Doesn't hurt that in my opinion it has some of the best feeling of any sim available I really can't wait for the rain and AI updates. Plus it's the only sim with the new LMDh and LMH cars.

I haven't fired up old AC in years. Mostly play Rfactor 2, AMS2 and ACC. I really just started racing again actually. Didn't realize it's been almost 15 years since I first signed up here.

Thinking of building a cockpit and getting a little more into league racing and taking it a bit seriously. Need to find a good hobby and stick to it, need to keep myself occupied.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back