What is currently your favorite PC racing title?

What is currently your favorite PC racing title?

• Assetto Corsa

• Assetto Corsa Competizione

• iRacing

• Automobilista 2

• rFactor 2

• Rennsport

• RaceRoom Racing Experience

• Other, specify in the comments please

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a list...
  1. Currently enjoying: RRRE (I've spent time with it and learned to enjoy it a lot).
  2. My, "I know this is the best" sim: AMS2 - it keeps getting better and better.
  3. My one game I'd keep if I could only have one: AC every time, it's immense.
  4. My regret: Forza. So much promise, with 98% of it being total bullshiat. It's Grid (either of the last two, that's just content) with some bolt-on performance stuff. A serious racing game it's not, and never will be.

I hope Kunos goes back to their original graphic engine and FFB/Physics and just further improves them for AC2.
Graphics Engine will probably be the enhanced AC1 engine. They said they won't use Unreal Engine and I doubt they'll code a completely new one.
Physics/ffb: it'll probably be like ACC. They used the AC1 physics for ACC and enhanced it with 5 contact points instead of 1, tyre sidewall physics and massively enhanced suspension physics.
Also the TC algorithm got leaps better.
Imo the GT3s in AC and ACC don't drive that differently, so I think road cars with the ACC 1.9 physics will drive very very nicely.

Used to be RF2, but all my time is spent in AMS2 now just started doing some league races and still weekly races on racecraft online. I don't have time for much else tbh and the variety of content keeps me happy. Latest update is great.

Physics/ffb: it'll probably be like ACC. They used the AC1 physics for ACC and enhanced it with 5 contact points instead of 1, tyre sidewall physics and massively enhanced suspension physics.
Also the TC algorithm got leaps better.
Imo the GT3s in AC and ACC don't drive that differently, so I think road cars with the ACC 1.9 physics will drive very very nicely.
IMO it´s sad to say but GT3s feels much mor alive in AC1 than ACC ...:confused:
I know it´s not a popular opinion, because ACC is THE GT3 simulator, but i experience ACCs physics/FF as relatively boring.

IMO it´s sad to say but GT3s feels much mor alive in AC1 than ACC ...:confused:
I know it´s not a popular opinion, because ACC is THE GT3 simulator, but i experience ACCs physics/FF as relatively boring.
Same here. I guess I like how the ABS and TC work in ACC better, but they both suck at it. Too bad AC's is so useless. Theyre both better left disabled because all they do is slow you down unless you can drive 100% perfectly and at that point you wouldnt need it anyway.

I wont start rambling tho...

rF2 wins it for me because I don't question the physics anywhere near as much as I do the other titles... Set ups stick, pit stops work, the track state is shared and the tyres have realistic wear...

Sure S397 is far from perfect and is capable of some errors, and I have no love for MSGS... But where rF2 is now has it in great shape for 2024...

Nothing comes close to it for online, even when there is warp there's very little if any carnage... You can race closely without stress...

AC has a much easier modding platform so it has plenty of choice and has a decent enough online experience... So it would get 2nd...

Then it's a mix of the "In BETA" titles...

What got me into racing games was the PS1 demo disc, it had a lap or part of a lap or 3 laps, of some F1 ~1995 track. Then some F1 game on N64. Then the Gran Turismo games.

These last few years I play a bit of F1 2012, Dirt games or Grid. I have AC, but never figured out how to get a PS4 controller to work with it yet. Or I did but couldn't remap the buttons., or find out how to do it.

I was expecting AC to be on top, but not with that big of a margin. Disappointing is RFactor2 with only currently at 4.5%. Yes , my vote also went to AC. I Tries them all from GPL to newest Rennsport. There is still no better all rounder than AC. Not to bad for a 10 year old Sim. Thanks to Modders and of course the original platform and concept.

AC and Richard Burns Rally are my favorites.

I really like the AMS2 approach for getting into the old F1 seasons. Amazing. However I still prefer AC when driving those 80's and 90's F1 cars. Maybe I'm more used to AC no idea. But AMS2 has seen some increased playing time recently. Just bought the new vintage track DLC's.

Tried the new EA Rally game. Looks amazing, plays well but I still prefer the RBR.

I haven't played rF2 much recently. It has some amazing vintage F1 seasons I'd love to try but for some reason I never got used to the driving physics after AC. It's so different. Not saying it's better or worse... it's just that when you get used to something as much as I've done with AC, it's hard to make the switch.

AC is the best. Today i tried the 1.5.3 update of ams2 and it reminded me how Assetto just kills it for realistic driving. iracing and rfactor 2 up for driving feel also, but Assetto just has thousands of better things about it overall (cars, tracks, graphics, sounds). iracing is a pay trap, way too expensive ingame content that should be free. 2nd most played PC game i do now is Live for Speed - everyone should try it in VR, it seems the best for vr driving, and the physics of the 20 year old game are still top 3 in sim racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back