What do you want to see next ?

André Gee

Fairman
Like many R3E die-hard fans I truely appreciate new content like car- and trackpacks but what is really neccessary for Race Room Experience a.t.m. ? As a customer I don't know (and don't care) about possible contracts Sector 3 has to fulfill by releasing new licensed carpacks and such in a certain timeframe - and so my personal request is a full "Functionality Update" first and foremost, fixing stuff such as:

- minor - and major bugfixing regarding update issues since latest releases
- GFX, FFB, Enhanced functionality of Champ- , Singlerace & MP Mode
- Full Championship Mode for R3E
- Improved Controller/Wheel support

as main topics I always read about,

- and whatever issues many players have encountered over the last year (even if I had none of these issues).

So from my point of view this should have absolute priority before flodding the community with any new content release in terms of Track- or Carpacks.

Cheers

Last edited:
Im afraid its probably down to your ffb settings, i once thought that the physics wasnt all that. But now i think there is a good physics engine hidden under (unfortunately) a multitude of non obvious FFb settings. You crack this you will find satisfaction. But ill will stick my head up and say this isnt the easiest of sims to set your ffb. Were otherwise spoilt by the likes of AC f2 ffb - Pretty damn good out of the box.

What wheel have you got. By all means post here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/page-27#post-1903170
I'm sure you're right about that. I'm driving with a pucker grip on my seat. Afraid to step on the gas, afraid to step on the brake. Driving with a G27 wheel. I've tried everything from 900 deg to 220 deg in the profiler. (same setting matched in-game). Nothing feels right. I've tried the default settings in Car Setup and also played with them both up and down. Problem is there are too many variables when there are 2 places to do settings. I've been adjusting for months and have gotten nowhere.

start off with 540 for all cars. (yes I know not entirely realistic but...)
use a low lock like 14-15, even lower for fwd cars.

tell me what you think now?
Not much difference. The biggest issue is the understeer. In order to make a turn, I have to slow way down to negotiate the corner without running off the track. Others seem to have no problem and pull away from me in the turns and on the ensuing straight. I tried the Range at 540 and Lock at 15. I have my steering rotation set at 220 deg in the Logitech Profiler. If I increase the steering rotation in the Profiler, the understeer gets worse.

Not much difference. The biggest issue is the understeer. I tried the Range at 540 and Lock at 15. I have my steering rotation set at 220 deg in the Logitech Profiler. If I increase the steering rotation in the Profiler, the understeer gets worse.

I'm no pro, but if I used those settings my cars would have lots of understeer too. The default on most modern cars seems to be somewhere around 540/23 and I find at those settings the cars are a bit too eager to turn in, so I dial my lock down to 19 or 20. If I turned it down to 15 then the car wouldn't want to turn and much more steering input would be required to get around a corner.

I also think you want to have your profiler at the highest setting (900?) and then let the game decide what rotation to actually use (it will automatically change depending on the car). So having it at 220 is going to send mixed signals to the game, which will give you mixed results. I have my profiler at 900 and leave most cars default other then cranking the lock down a couple notches and I find this to be a satisfying feel. If you want less understeer than you should probably be increasing your lock in the setup screen (24, 25, 26, etc.) and not decreasing it. Also, make sure your steering sensitivity is at 50 (50 is actually neutral, going above or below that will increase it or decrease it), your pedals should be at 50 as well.

Short answer, leave your profiler at maximum rotation, let the game decide your rotation/lock per car, and adjust each car in the setup screen to suit your taste.

I cant use industry standard lock on my 540 its just too sensitive. 23 deg in a fwd car is a joke.. it just makes the cars to snappy and arcade like imo.

I didn't know he had understeer issues tbh. if your still getting USteer with the normal deg then it aint the lock on the cars

I don't notice much difference between 540/~20 and 900/~30 other than I cant turn the wheel more than a full rotation with 540. But in a race car, if you have to turn the wheel more than a full rotation then something's gone wrong.

Just to reiterate, understeer is very little wheel response to steering input. i.e. to exaggerate, steering wheel input of 360 deg rotation results in 1 deg of wheel/tire movement. Are we on the same page?

Yes. And by turning your steering lock down to 15 you get less wheel response per steering wheel input. If you want more response per input you need to go higher than the default 23 (or whatever the default is on the car you're using).

Yes. And by turning your steering lock down to 15 you get less wheel response per steering wheel input. If you want more response per input you need to go higher than the default 23 (or whatever the default is on the car you're using).
Agreed. I did notice that I had my brake sensitivity set at 0? Turned it back to 50, that seems to help a bit. I usually leave the Range and Lock set at default because tweaking that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference other than make the car a bit too twitchy.
But back to my original post; The Get Real mode is just too sensitive for me. If I try to increase throttle just an infinite amount its all over. I spin it. I can't even drive the FWD cars. Yet, other drivers seem to have no issues with throttle inputs and I've asked them if they have set-ups and they say they don't. I'm not new to sim racing but I just can't get the feel of the Get Real mode. Its not a lot of fun having to drive like a little old lady to get around the track.

Agreed. I did notice that I had my brake sensitivity set at 0? Turned it back to 50, that seems to help a bit. I usually leave the Range and Lock set at default because tweaking that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference other than make the car a bit too twitchy.
But back to my original post; The Get Real mode is just too sensitive for me. If I try to increase throttle just an infinite amount its all over. I spin it. I can't even drive the FWD cars. Yet, other drivers seem to have no issues with throttle inputs and I've asked them if they have set-ups and they say the don't. I'm not new to sim racing but I just can't get the feel of the Get Real mode. Its not a lot of fun having to drive like a little old lady to get around the track.

That's interesting, I've kinda had the opposite experience. I'm not new to sim racing, but I am new to PC racing and have only been at R3E a couple months now. I've been surprised how much I can get away with mashing the throttle, I presumed with these "more serious" sims I'd have to be a lot more precise with my inputs but I can get away with a lot.

That being said, I always had a real focus on teaching myself proper techniques even in my Gran Turismo days where you could really abuse things. So perhaps that is all paying off now in these sims. I will admit, if I get on the throttle too early the back end will chase the front, but I try to wait until the car is almost totally straight before hammering the throttle. I apply partial throttle then, and when I feel that the car has stabilized I smoothly but quickly apply the rest. Maybe try just waiting an extra half second before applying the loud pedal? Apply a dab of throttle to stabilize, then put it to the floor as you unwind the last bit of the wheel.

Oh, and I've never adjusted anything beyond brake pressure/bias and steering lock, so my setup is all default.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back