What do you want to see next ?

André Gee

Fairman
Like many R3E die-hard fans I truely appreciate new content like car- and trackpacks but what is really neccessary for Race Room Experience a.t.m. ? As a customer I don't know (and don't care) about possible contracts Sector 3 has to fulfill by releasing new licensed carpacks and such in a certain timeframe - and so my personal request is a full "Functionality Update" first and foremost, fixing stuff such as:

- minor - and major bugfixing regarding update issues since latest releases
- GFX, FFB, Enhanced functionality of Champ- , Singlerace & MP Mode
- Full Championship Mode for R3E
- Improved Controller/Wheel support

as main topics I always read about,

- and whatever issues many players have encountered over the last year (even if I had none of these issues).

So from my point of view this should have absolute priority before flodding the community with any new content release in terms of Track- or Carpacks.

Cheers

Last edited:
Or a poll based on what elements if functionality we'd be interested in seeing next. Worth considering what it could consist of but probably worth waiting until after the next dev stream to post it as well, let's see what the team can divulge about upcoming updates before we ask for them.

If there is a dev stream coming later in the month, it would be great to get an insight into the guys working on the application and introducing us to what and who are involved with creating different features (maybe just for relative newcomers like me!)

What would be on the general list? I'm willing to hold my hand up and say I don't know how many of these take the same human resources and which are worked on by different people.

- Dynamic time of day?
- Dedicated server support
- Custom championships
- Custom skin support
- Custom grids
- Introducing Experience features (pit stop rules, different points, driver changes etc) into the base app
- Suggest me some more to make a proper list pre-poll

I would guess that older car physics are something that will be worked upon by dedicated team members and shouldn't be in any poll. I would suggest one for which cars folks would like to see updated, but S3 already have the sales and usage data for these.

Or a poll based on what elements if functionality we'd be interested in seeing next. Worth considering what it could consist of but probably worth waiting until after the next dev stream to post it as well, let's see what the team can divulge about upcoming updates before we ask for them.

If there is a dev stream coming later in the month, it would be great to get an insight into the guys working on the application and introducing us to what and who are involved with creating different features (maybe just for relative newcomers like me!)

What would be on the general list? I'm willing to hold my hand up and say I don't know how many of these take the same human resources and which are worked on by different people.

- Dynamic time of day?
- Dedicated server support
- Custom championships
- Custom skin support
- Custom grids
- Introducing Experience features (pit stop rules, different points, driver changes etc) into the base app
- Suggest me some more to make a proper list pre-poll

I would guess that older car physics are something that will be worked upon by dedicated team members and shouldn't be in any poll. I would suggest one for which cars folks would like to see updated, but S3 already have the sales and usage data for these.
Until we get custom championships, you should check this out!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/for-those-waiting-for-sp-championship.98894/

About introducing Experience features, I don't think this will happen.
I have know idea, but from a business standpoint with custom championships implemented, if we can choose the same presets in R3E as the experiences, the experiences won't serve a purpose anymore.
And they wouldn't keep selling those in the same extent.
We have pit stops in R3E, only the option to make em mandatory that's missing.
If I want a series with driver swaps I can do that in ADAC 2014, for prime / option tires I do DTM 2014.

Yep, that solo championship tool is a fantastic addition, all credit to the author.

I see what you mean about Experiences, but I hope at some point the features find their way to the base game. I have no problem with them selling the features in the experience - heck, I'd happily pay the small difference to unlock the features in the base app, but it would be a real shame to limit the customisation if not for technical reasons. For example, driver swap is a great feature, but to never be able to do a custom GT1/2/3 or LMP custom championship with that feature would seem like a massively unnecessary restriction.

In an ideal world, if I buy the features in an experience, I'd be able to use them throughout R3E.

Thx for voting and discussing so far. I just gave two poll options to get a glimpse of what (after all previous discussions and complaints) the fanbase might really appreciate at this state of development (in a sober non-bashing way)....Thread is just one day old, but my impression seems confirmed, that many of those who are normally quick with rants & complaints are indeed just out for merely bashing and complaining..instead of constructive discussions/conversations...simply because I see none of these common inappropriate post here :).
I personally have no precise idea how games are actually made and assembled so I just gave it a shot from a more "naive" customers POV and with what I picked up by countless threads related to this topic.

Thx

older cars updated to new physics.. otherwise previous purchases seem a waste.

Just reacting quickly, this is definitely something we want to do and will do. It does take time though, but we want to tackle this and bring the already released cars to our new standards in the very first months of 2015.

Also while I'm here I'd like to cheer for @pixeljetstream and his championship tool.

Just reacting quickly, this is definitely something we want to do and will do. It does take time though, but we want to tackle this and bring the already released cars to our new standards in the very first months of 2015.

Also while I'm here I'd like to cheer for @pixeljetstream and his championship tool.

thanks JF thats good, to hear. I appreciate it wont be done overnight, just wouldnt want them left to rot so to speak, ive bought the radical pack and the daytona pack and i havent touched them since the wtcc pack..

psssttt btw mate, shouldnt your profile say Sector3 studios now heheh

:)

@ Andi. Its like the tyres are bald and driving on ice.

And why doesn't the quote option work? If I select it, the quote verbage does not appear.

Im afraid its probably down to your ffb settings, i once thought that the physics wasnt all that. But now i think there is a good physics engine hidden under (unfortunately) a multitude of non obvious FFb settings. You crack this you will find satisfaction. But ill will stick my head up and say this isnt the easiest of sims to set your ffb. Were otherwise spoilt by the likes of AC f2 ffb - Pretty damn good out of the box.

What wheel have you got. By all means post here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-settings-after-update.92742/page-27#post-1903170

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back