AC WEC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sat 17Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Agreed ! I will not race this one because I am pretty sure I will have the issue.

I have core i7 920 @2.3Ghz, it seems that AC requires more about frequency. Time to buy a new MB/CPU :p
I've been having similar CPU related issues in VR, and that's with a 4770k running at 4.7ghz!
Gfx seem well optimised but AC can be a real CPU hog. You probably tried this already, but if you can, try to minimize the number of apps on your screen. Sidekick for example increased the load on my CPU by 5% just on its own. Then add a few more and it's like..."hell no, I'm on strike" :p

Or yeah, maybe just a convenient excuse to upgrade haha :whistling:

@Bobby Pennington I hope your dad will get well soon! Best wishes & good vibes! :thumbsup:

Also, please put my car choice on TBD. The Ferrari is too twitchy for me and maybe I change it for something more stable. Thank you :)
Thank you Lum. It's a pretty serious situation. He's stable and doing well today so I have a little time and thought I'd take my mind off of things.

As far as the car goes, no problem:thumbsup: There's a reason we call the Ferrari "The Godfather". It makes you an offer you can't refuse. Then once you pick it, it immediately puts a hit out on you and the hitman is lurking at every corner unless you know how to set it up:D

The Family is the most important thing, son. :thumbsup:

Also, you don't betray The Family. :unsure:

You. Just. Don't. Wanna. Do. That. :(

Agreed ! I will not race this one because I am pretty sure I will have the issue.

I have core i7 920 @2.3Ghz, it seems that AC requires more about frequency. Time to buy a new MB/CPU :p
I've been having similar CPU related issues in VR, and that's with a 4770k running at 4.7ghz!
Gfx seem well optimised but AC can be a real CPU hog. You probably tried this already, but if you can, try to minimize the number of apps on your screen. Sidekick for example increased the load on my CPU by 5% just on its own. Then add a few more and it's like..."hell no, I'm on strike" :p

Or yeah, maybe just a convenient excuse to upgrade haha :whistling:
I agree with @RainhamIron , but I'll tell you both something and see what you think.

Let me preface this by saying my graphics were set to medium, little to no smoke, low detail shadows, no motion blur, no crepuscular rays and AF was set to 8 and AA was set to 2 and did not use FXAA and no V-Sync.

I ran AC on:
i5 3570k running at 3.4ghz
8mb ram
Ready for this.........GTX470
Frame rates were between 55 -85fps which is good enough to drive with. I read many, many, many graphics settings posts and tweaked on my own. Didn't have CPU occ. issues except with a few tracks, but everyone did, especially LeMans. Now I have the same system but I have a 1050ti so I'm good to go.

Anyway, I don't know if this helps, but I thought I'd pitch in because I don't like to see anyone have to sit out that wants to race.

Cheers:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea