AC WEC Multiclass @ Red Bull Ring OSRW - Sat 21Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations to @Dirk Steffen for leaving his Porsche in the garage and choosing to drive a real car :confused::laugh::laugh:
You know the pain I suffer from having had to make that decision - you just have no idea how much it hurts.

That is why I won't speak a word EVER with The Chancer aka @Bobby Pennington for having …
giphy.gif
… that Porsche 919 LMP1 H away from me.

Buttons are mapped, thanks for the reminder ;o)
Too bad you have to revert to such basic ways of handling every day issues. Anyway, thanks for the info.

PS: You might want to check the Red Bull Ring for droppings and residue on the tarmac, you are losing time again :p

Oh Ronnie, there is just NO WAY to get closer to your time I saw.
Are you running the MGU settings fully manual or do you use one of the High MGU programs to cut down that time?
I still have no idea what to do about this during the race.

Oh Ronnie, there is just NO WAY to get closer to your time I saw.
Are you running the MGU settings fully manual or do you use one of the High MGU programs to cut down that time?
I still have no idea what to do about this during the race.

Well, first of all, there will be lots of ways to not just get closer to my time but way below. I'm thinking of the ... oh wait, @Glaurung and @Celtic Pharaoh are driving Audi, so that doesn't count. Yeah, there is NO WAY to get closer to my time. :D:roflmao::whistling:

About the MGU settings, I'm absolutely no expert and I know some / most of the guys are running full manual, but for that time I was using high preserve which leaves enough energy for a push to pass maneuver or 2 short applications on the long straights for better laptime. I'm also still tempering with the gearing because the lower gears are way too close together. suspension also still needs some work. But since this is no Porsche this might all be useless gibberish to you anyway :p

Last edited:
About the ERS settings, my suggestion with the Audi is to try different strategies of deployment and check which is the best in terms of laptime and consistency on race trim.
With the turbodiesel beast keep in mind that there is a huge change in driveability when you stop deploying the electric energy on the front axle, because there is a brutal shift from a "quattro" to a pure RWD with massive torque even at low revs, so an AWD situation in the slow section is definitely better in terms of consistency.
My suggestion is to start with a low preserve or a high preserve and manually boost in the fast sections, if any energy is still available. Then some combinations might be better in some tracks.
At Spa for example, with the 919 I usually switch 2 times a lap staying in charging mode in the middle section and going high preserve/aggressive in the fast sections.

It's indeed a busy business, that's why real WEC and F1 teams implement specific mappings of ERS deployment for every track, based on real time GPS positioning, so that drivers need only to put a map and concentrate only on driving.
It would be great if anyone implement an app to handle this stuff in AC.

With Toyota, I'm using low preserve exit of turn 8 to exit of Turn 3(When I'm at 6th gear) and charging mode for rest of the lap. Manual boost from T1, T2, T6 and T8. It seems to be really close to optimal at least with aero and gear setup

With Toyota, I'm using low preserve exit of turn 8 to exit of Turn 3(When I'm at 6th gear) and charging mode for rest of the lap. Manual boost from T1, T2, T6 and T8. It seems to be really close to optimal at least with aero and gear setup

Judging by the lap time I saw you set last night I'd say the setup you have is very optimal.:thumbsup:

Uhhh.....dumb question. Is the MGUK delivery automatic in the TS050? Because nothing happens when I push the button to gte the 'Go Juice'?
Yeah, its automatic except for charging mode, the amount of applied boost depends on mode, wheel spin and gear/rpm. But usually when its boosts, the power is 40%-100% so if u then press the boost button it feels like its doing nothing.

Yeah, its automatic except for charging mode, the amount of applied boost depends on mode, wheel spin and gear/rpm. But usually when its boosts, the power is 40%-100% so if u then press the boost button it feels like its doing nothing.
You must be using the Force young Jedi. Could you feel me typing your name in the post all the way in Finland?:D

Apparently the normal strippers and exhibitionist are staying away because this isn't being streamed:O_o: Come on Cinnamon, Dynasty, Amber, Tiffany, Mercedes, Bambi, of course Stormy:p:p and any of the other girls that are sitting this one out.

Guys, start calling out your favorite dancers:D and challenge them to join the grid:thumbsup:

Uhhh.....dumb question. Is the MGUK delivery automatic in the TS050? Because nothing happens when I push the button to gte the 'Go Juice'?
Right now, RUN and install the sidekick app !!!
Enable the ERS display within the app settings and sidekick will show all relevant data right in your cockpit.

I find sidekick is the very only app anyone MUST have and as a minimalist kind of guy it is the only app I have permanently on.

Oh Dirkmeister, I can see it now on race day:roflmao: Maybe when you get to be 1,000 yrs. old like me you'll wise up:p
giphy.gif
I will never get old, NEVER. The moment I should become an adult, someone please bump me off a cliff ;-)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.