Tracks Watkins Glen International

Wow! This looks soooooo damn good! Glad someone built this Track in the Quality the Track deserves.
I never fully understood the love for Watkins Glen until Lilski unleashed this badboy upon us. Now I get it. :D I've already lost count of how many passenger-side rear view mirrors I've lost going thru the Esses. :whistling:

I've loved The Glen since the Papy GPL and NASCAR Racing 2003 days. Although this version far more accurate than any version from those days.

Yeah, i purchased GPL because the Ring was Raceable with these 60's Beasts.
And then i Race @TheGlen and fell in Love.
Great smooth Racing Line and so much Fun ... that was WatkinsGlen.
It always looked so easy to be fast, but at the end it was a Hellride on the edge and the knowing of what ur Car could be able to do, that makes the difference between 1st and 2nd place.
Hard, fast, fair, heartbeat Races thats WatkinsGlen.
Sry for my not so perfect English.

Last edited:
Here is a video to showcase the new objects around the track. I might have to dial the details back some as frames are finally starting to dip a bit. It was fine until I added the crowds. Might just have to lower the total number of them on the front straight as that seems to be where the issues are.

This is a partial capture from my triples. it didn't seems to want to get the whole width. But it is wide enough to see the sides of the track.

Utterly brilliant.

On your approach to the heel I actually said "Woah" out loud. As far as I can recall that's the first time, in any sim, it's actually looked like there's a real spectator ambiance to the circuit. That's how it actually looks on a major race weekend, with all the campers and the like. Spectacular stuff.

@LilSki
I've noticed that your first two tracks (Riverside, Bridgehampton) were characterised with tarmac that had lots and lots of markings/stains/colour changes etc. While NJMP and Watkins Glen seem to have tarmacs that are much more uniform.

Why the change? Is it that NJMP's and WG's tarmacs are simply more uniform in reality? Or is there, in fact, an "early LilSki style" and a "later LilSki style" :)?

Thanks for your great work, BTW!

@LilSki
I've noticed that your first two tracks (Riverside, Bridgehampton) were characterised with tarmac that had lots and lots of markings/stains/colour changes etc. While NJMP and Watkins Glen seem to have tarmacs that are much more uniform.

Why the change? Is it that NJMP's and WG's tarmacs are simply more uniform in reality? Or is there, in fact, an "early LilSki style" and a "later LilSki style" :)?

Thanks for your great work, BTW!
Bridge and Riverside are both modeled as old and worn out surfaces (bridge was always rough from day one) so they will be rough. NJMP was built in 2008 and is fairly smooth but not as smooth as say Watkins. Watkins was completely torn up and repaved in 2016 and is very smooth in real life. If you watch any post 2016 onboards you will see that.

So no it is not early or late style, it its simply replicating reality. And reality is more important to me than shaking some plastic wheels around.

Nice crowd layout in the stands ! Never been a big fan of the 2d crowds although from a distance they look cool. I noticed a bit of distortion or warping near the upper left side of the screen when you entered the turns. I'm guessing this has something to do with the triple screen setup.

Utterly brilliant.

On your approach to the heel I actually said "Woah" out loud. As far as I can recall that's the first time, in any sim, it's actually looked like there's a real spectator ambiance to the circuit. That's how it actually looks on a major race weekend, with all the campers and the like. Spectacular stuff.
He really is the master of race track ambiance. Even the light poles in the parking lots... The infield campers. My god...It's just incredible the detail Lilski puts in.

Like good writing, good trackmaking is also the art of knowing what to leave out. And, yes, Lilski has that talent in spades.
Well I maaaayy have gone a tiiiny bit overboard on this one lol. As I stated earlier the idea was to add what I wanted. I'll cull it back if I have to.

There is no AO baked on anything that has been added since 0.7. Once I bake some in it should look even better.

Screenshot_rss_gt_lanzo_v12_watkins_glen_31-5-118-1-10-39.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_lanzo_v12_watkins_glen_31-5-118-1-15-20.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%