Tracks Watkins Glen International

Wouldn't that be possible by reducing the World Detail setting? Set it to low, if it works, you could do a preset on CM and save it as Trackday.

I'm not sure though, just thinking out loud
Yes you can lower the detail settings but you will also loose some if not all 3d grass In the process.

Doing my best to get it done by the weekend for the 6 hour but not sure if I will make it. Might do a 0.9 release but not sure yet. I am really curious how it will run on other machines.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-30-31.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-30-42.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-29-3.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-28-47.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-21-1.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_watkins_glen_28-6-118-1-29-57.jpg

Looks amazing! What's left to sort out?
Baking AO on the land, dirt areas around the bus stop and a few other places, final texture details such as the tents have a very basic texture right now. I have to setup more layers so world detail settings actually do something. And tweaking LOD distance numbers for all objects to avoid any major pop in. I also remembered last night there are no trash cans around the track so I need to add some. All really minor stuff but can be time consuming.

I'll also note that all the crowds, cars, RVs, pit objects are all in their own separate kn5 files if people want their track day feel like 0.7 has.

So we are looking at a 0.9 release this weekend. i just have a few more tweaks to fix tonight and hopefully will have it up tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow. Why 0.9? because there are still some things I want to add but I need to take a break. Summer is in full swing and I just need to get this out for now. Plus I am sure there is an odd issue somewhere so it will allow me to address them before 1.0.

Pit boxes donated by @llamafett
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-13-15.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-20-16.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-15-28.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-15-53.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-20-42.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_gt3_watkins_glen_13-7-118-2-21-28.jpg

Can't wait!

Are those pit towers (or what ever it's called) using crew.dds from car skins? I mean are they skinnable?
Yeah they are similar the ones I have on RIR. They get their colors and banners from the ac_crew.dds

I wanted to show the GT1 cars but RSS uses the same black ac_crew for all skins so it looked terrible.

Yeah they are similar the ones I have on RIR. They get their colors and banners from the ac_crew.dds

I wanted to show the GT1 cars but RSS uses the same black ac_crew for all skins so it looked terrible.
First off, nice work mate. Watkins is one of my favorite tracks and you just nailed it. But Im having issues with the AI. Whenever an AI tries to overtake another one at the Bus Stop they both crash and retire most times. Will that be fixed or is there a way to fix that?

First off, nice work mate. Watkins is one of my favorite tracks and you just nailed it. But Im having issues with the AI. Whenever an AI tries to overtake another one at the Bus Stop they both crash and retire most times. Will that be fixed or is there a way to fix that?
Well the AI are morons and as of right now no there isn't much different from 0.7. The only thing I fixed was them hitting the pit wall at the start sometimes.

I just don't have the time right now to fight with their stupidity. But maybe I'll run some laps with them tonight and see how bad it is. What cars were you driving?

I’ve recorded one 2 weeks ago, I can post it if someone is interested. Not perfect, though…as LilSki said the AI are morons most of the times.

Edit: the AI line is only for the full config (long + bus stop)

I’ve recorded one 2 weeks ago, I can post it if someone is interested. Not perfect, though…as LilSki said the AI are morons most of the times.

Edit: the AI line is only for the full config (long + bus stop)
If you think it is better than mine I can include it in 0.9. Send to me and I'll check it out tonight.

I included the csv files in 0.7 so I am assuming you use those limits or did you make your own?

Well the AI are morons and as of right now no there isn't much different from 0.7. The only thing I fixed was them hitting the pit wall at the start sometimes.

I just don't have the time right now to fight with their stupidity. But maybe I'll run some laps with them tonight and see how bad it is. What cars were you driving?
I was driving with a field of GT3s, GT2s/GTEs and the Corvette DPs.
Totally forgot that I could try recording an AI line myself :D Will try that out and see whether it helps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back