Tracks Watkins Glen International

also that those people then almost never explain just what exactly they changed :whistling: Earlier this week I spent two hours with a (real life) setup guru...initial drive followed by ten minutes of him rambling about the flaws of the handling... followed by me asking "...how do i change?" - "Rollcentres need to be there and this degree in line to this unicorn and that inclination of Saturn-" - "...and how do I do that?"
we made it work in the end
Yes! Exactly... I've come to the conclusion that half the people who say that are just trying to sound like they know what they're doing and in reality they're cursing their car and searching Setup Market just like me. Well, believing that is true makes me feel better even if it's not. :laugh: :roflmao:

I did about 20 laps on Watkins Glen using 4 different cars from the new DRM pack about 2 hours ago. Those are probably the worst cars for me to drive while trying to memorize this circuit. I should be using something I can control like the M3 E92. But using an e92 isn't going to help me understand Watkins Glen from a race car's perspective. Hmm...Maybe a car like the Lotus Evora GTC.

I'm not by any means a setup expert, but during my simming years I've read lots of sites that have instructions like 'my car does this and that, change this and that for a cure. It has helped a lot.

Suspensions setups are still a complete mystery to me though.

Just some quick shots of WIP 3D grass. Still a lot of color tweaking required but I needed to get the base grass model in to be able to check performance. Overall it seems to run very well.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_watkins_glen_11-4-118-23-1-5.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_watkins_glen_11-4-118-22-57-7.jpg

Just some quick shots of WIP 3D grass. Still a lot of color tweaking required but I needed to get the base grass model in to be able to check performance. Overall it seems to run very well.

View attachment 246272
View attachment 246273

Current version runs good, but I get consistent jumps in the performance graph and they go all the way to the top, something like every 5 seconds, which gives me massive stutter for a split second. What causes that? I don't have any performance issues with any other of your tracks.

The quality is a dream btw, thank you very much for your work!

Current version runs good, but I get consistent jumps in the performance graph and they go all the way to the top, something like every 5 seconds, which gives me massive stutter for a split second. What causes that? I don't have any performance issues with any other of your tracks.

The quality is a dream btw, thank you very much for your work!
What card are you running? I did some experiments with larger tree textures this time around. I think people that have complained have lower amounts of VRAM.

Been trying to get back in the swing of things lately. Tried an experiment with RVs and I think they work fairly well. Going to add some different colors here and there and the window textures need work for sure. But overall the look when driving and replay works pretty well. Should look good once I get some tents, flags and cars/trucks in there. So far There are 813 RVs around the track. Might even be able to do more even lower poly units in the center to really fill it out.

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_12-5-118-12-2-57.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_12-5-118-12-1-49.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_12-5-118-12-2-2.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_watkins_glen_12-5-118-12-9-44.jpg

Been trying to get back in the swing of things lately. Tried an experiment with RVs and I think they work fairly well. Going to add some different colors here and there and the window textures need work for sure. But overall the look when driving and replay works pretty well. Should look good once I get some tents, flags and cars/trucks in there. So far There are 813 RVs around the track. Might even be able to do more even lower poly units in the center to really fill it out.

View attachment 251155
View attachment 251156
View attachment 251157

View attachment 251158
Looks awesome :inlove:
BTW: Whats your PP + weather settings.
I've the problem with to bright LEDs at the Shadow V8 :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.