(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
I am getting the same problem that Markus is getting. Once i hit ESC in the car and go back to the pits i lose some parts of the interior.

Here are my screenshots:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/JamyTheTray/GRAB_006.jpg
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/JamyTheTray/GRAB_007.jpg
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/JamyTheTray/GRAB_005.jpg

With what kind of settings are you driving? Everything on max, high, med or low?
Might be something in the gen file.
Will look into it and hopefully reproduce it , so I can fix it. :)

Stefen, I'm sorry but i'm a little bit dumb :( I was taking the other screenshot,as you requested me, and when i was in the configuration tab i noticed some strange CPU setting (unknow @ 25 mhz... i have an i7) and because just today i upgraded my PC with a GTX 780, i decided to do a fresh install after i saw this strange string into the config tab, again. So,I uninstalled everything, loaded up imgur to upload image, and i noticed a couple of files was not deleted. I removed them all... obviously also the image i captured with the littel issue :( .... i told you, more then a little bit :) anyway, it was the cockpit only that was not visible, and i could see the asphalt, the P1 logo in teh bonnet (reversed, because it seemed i was looking through it. Then, alt tabbed and everything was back normal.
After another couple of lap i had another issue, not car releated this time, my front view was really bright, while watching behind me i had a normal HDR. So i think my rF2 intallation was somehow messed up
setting was:all maxed into the game, 1080p res. plus lev.4 aa+ adaptive V-sync

i'm installing all the packages right now, i will let you know if it will appear again.
Again sorry for the dumb move :(

No worry Ignazio, the issue is reported by a few people and I wan't to reproduce the issue so I can fix it. So knowing the video settings is important also what kind of video card is used (ATI or NVidea) etc.:thumbsup:
Oh! Also forgot to say it was the 64bit version.
I was thinking about some issue that were posted into the unstable release that had some car without wheels and inside cockpit after first return to garage, maybe is much more build related? or maybe is related to the change in some files

rFactor Dev on ISI Forum said:
4) GMT formats. There may be some Third Party mods out there that does not work in 64bit as intended, or at all. Rebuild your mod using the newer GMT formats ASAP. There may be a cutoff of age going forward.
but i think you already knew that ^^

http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.php?attachmentid=13430&d=1404393686 or this was only for the Miata?

The GMTs are exported with the latest gmotor plugin, so cannot be that. I cannot use your link: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

There are also hundreds of people who downloaded the mod and till now about 4 people reported this issue, so they have something with their software/hardware setup that is causing it. Driver related? Details related? That is why I would like to see what settings people with the issue are using and if they use a ATI or NVidea card etc. Just to try to reproduce the error as I personally never have experienced (I have a ATI race / test rig and a NVidea development rig ).
I have really started the the mod many many many times and escaped as many too without ever having the problem. :p I do wanna experience it and find the solution. :)

Could you send me the settings you use and see if it is a setting issue? I am seriously clueless as to whats going on haha. Strangely on the wec race server it happened but the interior then came back after i made a tyre setting change in the garage. However it disappeared as soon as i hit esc the next time.

Btw I use a gtx580 with the latest drivers.

Also it happens if i max all settings aswell so im not sure.(hdr on)

Edit: Ok so i just found out that it seems to almost be time related. If i sit in the garage for a while after the interior disappears it will actually come back again. After doing a few laps and pressing esc it disappears again. :O_o:

Last edited:
The GMTs are exported with the latest gmotor plugin, so cannot be that. I cannot use your link: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

There are also hundreds of people who downloaded the mod and till now about 4 people reported this issue, so they have something with their software/hardware setup that is causing it. Driver related? Details related? That is why I would like to see what settings people with the issue are using and if they use a ATI or NVidea card etc. Just to try to reproduce the error as I personally never have experienced (I have a ATI race / test rig and a NVidea development rig ).
I have really started the the mod many many many times and escaped as many too without ever having the problem. :p I do wanna experience it and find the solution. :)
The link gave me also problem but I think it is because this link is inside the unstable release private forum (it's just an image, not the whole thread... Just FYI).
I had some new runs in the Lola but, till now, no more issue. Tonight I had the "common" issue, build 770 related, where the most of the car just became invisible, you can see onli the side panel and door but not all. I was running the URD this time. And the image I linked before was just showing this behave with a Miata (1.1 I think). You can find the image I am talking into the last unstable release thread, first page.

Oh, last thing, video driver was 340 beta. I also have a video of the URD issue (i was playing with shadowplay, you know... New toy :p ) I can upload it, even if the Lola issue was just the cockpit missing.

Ciao!
Ignazio

Could you send me the settings you use and see if it is a setting issue? I am seriously clueless as to whats going on haha. Strangely on the wec race server it happened but the interior then came back after i made a tyre setting change in the garage. However it disappeared as soon as i hit esc the next time.

Btw I use a gtx580 with the latest drivers.

Also it happens if i max all settings aswell so im not sure.(hdr on)

Edit: Ok so i just found out that it seems to almost be time related. If i sit in the garage for a while after the interior disappears it will actually come back again. After doing a few laps and pressing esc it disappears again. :O_o:

You mean my settings or the one's from Ignazio? :)
For my settings I need to boot both computers and make screenies I can't do that before tonight though...

You mean my settings or the one's from Ignazio? :)
For my settings I need to boot both computers and make screenies I can't do that before tonight though...
I meant you haha should have made that clear, sorry. :p And don't rush, it doesnt really bother me that much just trying to help so it can be fixed or atleast find the problem.

Hi Gents, a couple of random points in the lovely Lola.:)
Its a hard task master but rewarding when you get some improvement.

a)I have found that reducing the throttle sensitivity to 75% helps a lot on slow corner exit.:geek:

b) @Fred Schornstein. I was thinking about your comments on the diffuser stalling when on a Kerb and when going sideways. While it is difficult It seems to make sense to me from what I know and read.
IE any increase in ride height will reduce the efficiency of the diffuser a lot as it allows air to leak in from the sides and reduces its ability to lower air pressure with its venturi shape. I think back to the ground effect F1 cars of 1980 and the Sports cars of the era. They were very tricky. Even the 1991 F1 cars with their full width diffusers had mega d/f.
So over a kerb and I would expect almost zero efficency. When its on the deck and going fast with minimal yaw its a beautiful thing when its not its not.
c) I think that the brake cooling levels may need a slight tweak. At present even on duct 1 I dont get to optimum temp.:geek:
Now to tiny tweaks...
d) The drivers head has a real tilt to one side. Like he cant quite fit. No affecting my neck so far but I lean to one side for full immersion:redface:
e) now for a really silly one, dont laugh at me... If ever you do anymore stuff inside the cockpit the carbon weave on the button box is very coarse and would benefit from a smaller weave.:cry:

Thanks @Stefan Woudenberg again for all your work. Saturday should be fun. Ive done my skin now.
Thanks

Hi Gents, a couple of random points in the lovely Lola.:)
Its a hard task master but rewarding when you get some improvement.

a)I have found that reducing the throttle sensitivity to 75% helps a lot on slow corner exit.:geek:

b) @Fred Schornstein. I was thinking about your comments on the diffuser stalling when on a Kerb and when going sideways. While it is difficult It seems to make sense to me from what I know and read.
IE any increase in ride height will reduce the efficiency of the diffuser a lot as it allows air to leak in from the sides and reduces its ability to lower air pressure with its venturi shape. I think back to the ground effect F1 cars of 1980 and the Sports cars of the era. They were very tricky. Even the 1991 F1 cars with their full width diffusers had mega d/f.
So over a kerb and I would expect almost zero efficency. When its on the deck and going fast with minimal yaw its a beautiful thing when its not its not.
c) I think that the brake cooling levels may need a slight tweak. At present even on duct 1 I dont get to optimum temp.:geek:
Now to tiny tweaks...
d) The drivers head has a real tilt to one side. Like he cant quite fit. No affecting my neck so far but I lean to one side for full immersion:redface:
e) now for a really silly one, dont laugh at me... If ever you do anymore stuff inside the cockpit the carbon weave on the button box is very coarse and would benefit from a smaller weave.:cry:

Thanks @Stefan Woudenberg again for all your work. Saturday should be fun. Ive done my skin now.
Thanks
I looked at some other cars and even F1 cars have way more friendly values than the Lola. You still have a big drop in diffuser efficiency, but currently the diffuser just stops working completely all of a sudden.
I tested an diffuser adjustment and it seemed more realistic to drive. Looking at the WEC races so far the cars were able to cope with the curbs quite well even on higher speeds. The change won't make the car super easy, but at the moment you can have massive slides and 360° in fast corners even with a lot of rear downforce, because just the tiniest bump can loose you a lot of rear downforce and Stefan used the diffuser to get the slow speed traction right.

The adjustment won't make the car any grippier you still need good control in your right foot to get the power down, but not every curb will spin you and you won't get the weird high speed sideways moments.

If you look at an LMP1 onboard, they are capable of taking the curbs in higher speed corners. I haven't tested at Spa so far, but I guess I would spin in some of the corners, if I take the same line.

With Stefan's permission I did some work on the Aero to fix the extreme tendency of the car to spin, which a lot of drivers experienced in Bahrain.

Here a video of the current WIP adjustments around Silverstone. The lap is only 1 tenth off last years fastest Lola. Setup was not perfect (a bit stiff on the front). The car has not enough drag at the moment, so with adjusted drag and a perfect set it should be close to real laptimes.

The changes adressed the poor driveability over curbs and the tendency of the car to go into uncontrollable spins in traction zones.

Feedback fromt he testers was also positive so far. Laptimes haven't really changed for me, but it was much easier for others to extract decent laptimes right away.

With Stefan's permission I did some work on the Aero to fix the extreme tendency of the car to spin, which a lot of drivers experienced in Bahrain.

Here a video of the current WIP adjustments around Silverstone. The lap is only 1 tenth off last years fastest Lola. Setup was not perfect (a bit stiff on the front). The car has not enough drag at the moment, so with adjusted drag and a perfect set it should be close to real laptimes.

The changes adressed the poor driveability over curbs and the tendency of the car to go into uncontrollable spins in traction zones.

Feedback fromt he testers was also positive so far. Laptimes haven't really changed for me, but it was much easier for others to extract decent laptimes right away.

Not to be all negative, but you do realize that you're going 20MPH faster than real life on every long straight right? :p

Last edited:
Not to be all negative, but you do realize that you're going 20MPH faster than real life on every long straight right?
It is around 10kph. Yes, the drag will be increased on the car, but driveability was the main issue to solve for the moment. Already tested several tracks and we need a top speed reduction of around 10kph. As it wont have a massive effect on the handling it will be done later. I am constantly checking laptimes and top speeds with last years WEV results. Other areas in the car were more important, but it will be fixed in future releases, but most probably not with the next one.

At the moment there is also work going into the brake cooling as some drivers mentioned, that the brake temps are extremely low even on low brake ducts. A modified version was sent to the testers a few minutes ago.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.