(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
It is around 10kph. Yes, the drag will be increased on the car, but driveability was the main issue to solve for the moment. Already tested several tracks and we need a top speed reduction of around 10kph. As it wont have a massive effect on the handling it will be done later. I am constantly checking laptimes and top speeds with last years WEV results. Other areas in the car were more important, but it will be fixed in future releases, but most probably not with the next one.

Wasn't the 2013 6 hours of Silverstone a wet qualifying and a damp race?

Wasn't the 2013 6 hours of Silverstone a wet qualifying and a damp race?
I think it was dry for a short bit. The FIA allows you to look at the top speed achieved over the whole event and I guess it was dry once. I checked it with several other races like COTA, which were definetely 100% dry.

/edit: I may used the 2014 qualy. They still used the Lola in that race and the track was dry at some point of the weekend. If that would have been wet times, they would have been quicker than an F1 car :D

I think it was dry for a short bit. The FIA allows you to look at the top speed achieved over the whole event and I guess it was dry once. I checked it with several other races like COTA, which were definetely 100% dry.

/edit: I may used the 2014 qualy. They still used the Lola in that race and the track was dry at some point of the weekend. If that would have been wet times, they would have been quicker than an F1 car :D
In 2013 the lola's best ever speed on a dry track was 172 MPH, it averaged about 170 in that same session. The overall best laptime of a lola was a 1:45.379.

At silverstone

In 2013 the lola's best ever speed on a dry track was 172 MPH, it averaged about 170 in that same session. The overall best laptime of a lola was a 1:45.379.

At silverstone
Keep in mind, that it was a race lap. Best lap in qualy was a 1:43.8 set by Nick Heidfeld. In 2014 still running the Lola Fabio Leimer managed a 1:43.7.

Top speed in 2013 was around 278kph for the Lola and 272kph in 2014.
I managed 283kph on my lap, so yeah it is close, but not perfect at the moment. I think a reduction by around 8 to 10kph should be realistic. The lap wasn't perfect so with less top speed it would still be possible to match 2013 and 2014 qualy times.

Keep in mind, that it was a race lap. Best lap in qualy was a 1:43.8 set by Nick Heidfeld. In 2014 still running the Lola Fabio Leimer managed a 1:43.7.

Top speed in 2013 was around 278kph for the Lola and 272kph in 2014.
I managed 283kph on my lap, so yeah it is close, but not perfect at the moment. I think a reduction by around 8 to 10kph should be realistic. The lap wasn't perfect so with less top speed it would still be possible to match 2013 and 2014 qualy times.
The lola's top speed in 2013 was 272 kph....Have the pdf right in front of me... (forgot it was 272 kph not 172 mph earlier :p). And the average was even lower, 170 kph. So quite a long way to go. But don't add grip to the car to match quali times after the drag is raised. Keep in mind that the drivers IRL are likely reasonably better than us ;)

The lift to drag ratio should be about 4.5:1 if that helps :)

The lola's top speed in 2013 was 272 kph....Have the pdf right in front of me... (forgot it was 272 kph not 172 mph earlier :p). And the average was even lower, 170 kph. So quite a long way to go. But don't add grip to the car to match quali times after the drag is raised. Keep in mind that the drivers IRL are likely reasonably better than us ;)

The lift to drag ratio should be about 4.5:1 if that helps :)
Ah ok the diffrence seemed strange. Maybe I went into the wrong pdf. Just rechecked it on the FIA homepage. There is absoulutely no intent to change the grip level of the car. I could go several tenth faster than the lap I uploaded, so the car has rather too much than not enough grip.

Thanks for the feedback. The next version will feel a bit more secure, but there was no change in the actual grip level. Laptimes are the same, but the behaviour on the limit is much more realistic. Before it was worth than an F1 car.

Ah ok the diffrence seemed strange. Maybe I went into the wrong pdf. Just rechecked it on the FIA homepage. There is absoulutely no intent to change the grip level of the car. I could go several tenth faster than the lap I uploaded, so the car has rather too much than not enough grip.

Thanks for the feedback. The next version will feel a bit more secure, but there was no change in the actual grip level. Laptimes are the same, but the behaviour on the limit is much more realistic. Before it was worth than an F1 car.
I haven't tried it in RF2. Partly because of my inability to redownload build 770 because of my internet connection.

But I am making the physics for the car in Assetto Corsa, as well as a ton of other cars like it, so I know what it should be like :D

Updated to version 0.96.

Here a small changelog:
- Improved ability to ride curbs
- Improved behaviour on the lmit (no "random" spins anymore)
- More realistic brake cooling (brake duct 1 won't work for a race)
- Brakes should operate between 300 and 800°C to get best performance

Hi, are you able to import the ISI driver? The proportions of this model look a bit off, from the oversized upper body to the short and fully flat arms - when they should have a generous bend on the elbow. Cheers.

Yes, I am using the ISI driver which has strange body sizes. Short legs, and a very long body. To fit the biped ..... is indeed very strange... If you can direct me to a correct balanced driver model...please do... The ISI one is the only one I got...

Last edited:
Hey there, is there any solution to the "missing interior" bug yet? I tried the car for the first time today and it looks and feels great, although i have that bug as well.

It is fine as long as the camera does not change to "Trackside". Once it does, and i go back to the cockpit view, the interior is gone. Changing Detail Settings or Alt+Tabbing didn't change anything for me.

I noticed that if i go to any external view except trackside cam ( default key is page down ), the interior doesn't disappear. Also, when i am in an external view, and i hit the "Insert" key to get back into the cockpit, the first view that it takes me to is a very highly elevated position, above and outside of the car. Any other car i tried takes me to the proper cockpit camera if i press insert.

Hey there, is there any solution to the "missing interior" bug yet? I tried the car for the first time today and it looks and feels great, although i have that bug as well.

It is fine as long as the camera does not change to "Trackside". Once it does, and i go back to the cockpit view, the interior is gone. Changing Detail Settings or Alt+Tabbing didn't change anything for me.

I noticed that if i go to any external view except trackside cam ( default key is page down ), the interior doesn't disappear. Also, when i am in an external view, and i hit the "Insert" key to get back into the cockpit, the first view that it takes me to is a very highly elevated position, above and outside of the car. Any other car i tried takes me to the proper cockpit camera if i press insert.

Hello Hermmie,

thanx for the feedback. :thumbsup:

I might have an solution for the missing interior bug, which a few people have.
Could you show me your standard cockpit view with a screendump? Is your standard view set to cockpit or do you have an other standard view set (like hood cam)? As I never heard that the cockpit view changed after you left the cockpit for an other cam and went back to the cockpit view.

Not sure yet when the fixes and driver animation will be finished, so the missing interior bug will be there for another short while. I hope to receive a new driver model tomorrow, so will redo the whole driver stuff again. :confused:

Thanks for your reply. Sure thing, i will attach a screenshot to this post. My default view is cockpit.

As said, i can go through any of the other cams and come back to the cockpit without problems, but when i use the page-down trackside cam, the interior is gone.

Interesting note as well, when i use any other view and press Insert, it goes straight to the cockpit. When i use trackside cam and press Insert, it goes to that strange high and above the car view, until i press it again a few times to get back into the cockpit, but then the interior is missing. Weird. I attached a shot of that "high and above" view just to make sure you know what i'm on about

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 256
  • GRAB_002.JPG
    GRAB_002.JPG
    532.9 KB · Views: 384
Thanks for your reply. Sure thing, i will attach a screenshot to this post. My default view is cockpit.

As said, i can go through any of the other cams and come back to the cockpit without problems, but when i use the page-down trackside cam, the interior is gone.

Interesting note as well, when i use any other view and press Insert, it goes straight to the cockpit. When i use trackside cam and press Insert, it goes to that strange high and above the car view, until i press it again a few times to get back into the cockpit, but then the interior is missing. Weird. I attached a shot of that "high and above" view just to make sure you know what i'm on about

Thanx for the screenies. I see that it is a different cam than the cockpit one. I wonder if it is a rF2 problem or not.... as the mod doesn't change the way the game works....
Will try that with other cars too, maybe it's "normal behaviour" in the game.
I also might take out that cam position all together as it's useless. :D

I checked for other cars, tried the FR 3.5 2014, and it does the same thing. So it seems that ( for whatever reason ) if you are using any cam besides trackside, you get back straight to the cockpit when hitting Insert. If you use trackside cam, you get back to a random cockpit camera. FR doesn't lose its interior though :)

I really don't know if that has been the case in previous builds of rF2 as well? I must admit i never paid attention to this before.

I also tried to alter the cars CAM File trying to find a problem myself, although it doesn't seem that i can edit the cockpit ones? Where does the game find the cockpit camera values? All the cams in the CAM File refer to ones i access when pressing "Pos1", even if i delete all cams besides Cockpit, i still get the three standard Cockpit views to choose from ( regular cockpit / nosecam / above view )

Hey :) I think i found the solution.

The gen file, which controls the LOD stuff, has all the Cockpit parts LOD IN values set to 0.1 instead of 0.0. When i set them to 0.0, the bug is gone ( at least for me )

I checked for other cars, tried the FR 3.5 2014, and it does the same thing. So it seems that ( for whatever reason ) if you are using any cam besides trackside, you get back straight to the cockpit when hitting Insert. If you use trackside cam, you get back to a random cockpit camera. FR doesn't lose its interior though :)

I really don't know if that has been the case in previous builds of rF2 as well? I must admit i never paid attention to this before.

I also tried to alter the cars CAM File trying to find a problem myself, although it doesn't seem that i can edit the cockpit ones? Where does the game find the cockpit camera values? All the cams in the CAM File refer to ones i access when pressing "Pos1", even if i delete all cams besides Cockpit, i still get the three standard Cockpit views to choose from ( regular cockpit / nosecam / above view )

Thanx for testing that. It wills save me some time. :)

The cams for the cockpit are in the cockpitinfo file. :) Also for headmovement values.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%