(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
Small update (again):

Got the first animation exported and tested ingame. Works nicely. :) Need to extend the left and right steering by about 10 degrees to be "perfect".
When I got that nailed, I will make sure the head of the driver is in the right spot too. (done:whistling:)

Will look at all camera positions and change those here and there. (done:whistling:)

Will set the LodIn values from inside the cockpit back to 0 as they are 0.1, which might help a few peeps to get all decals be seen after they moved outside the car and escape back in (I haven't been able to reproduce this problem with the settings people mailed me). Anyway, I hope to solve the issue by resetting the value back to 0. :p (done:whistling:)

Will increase the drag a little to fit with real world top speeds. Now the car is about 10kmh too fast. (done:whistling:)

Sven is almost done with the fixed body and template which holds a static shadow. :thumbsup:

About the coming updates:
As the VSC2 season is about the start (saturday oct 4th). There won't be an update coming before it as it would destroy all the preps people made for the first race.
Maybe after the first race there will be an update which will hold all the above, besides Sven's fixed body and template.
This due the LMP1 teams and the orginizers of the VSC2. They would need to make a new VSC2 template and the teams need to redo their skin from scratch, so that update will come after the VSC2 season. That will probably be the final release, which will come together with my whole ModDev folder which holds EVERYTHING. Yes also the max files, so a new opensource treat. :)

Anyway, keep an eye out on this topic.

UPDATED: look for the (done:whistling:) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have no clue why but with the latest vsc2 vmod (only driven the car online on the vsc2 server) the interior disappearing bug is gone? The only other thing i changed was a file for a plugin but i had the interior bug before i had the plugin and even when the plugin was running before the extra file update.

EDIT: offline in all cars and tracks it is the same, something has changed somewhere and i do not know what it is :confused:

Last edited:
Here update v0.98:

What is new or changed in v0.98?
- driver animation done
- head on the right place and sized and moves like a driver
- brake torque adjusted to a carbon brake level
- camera position changed
- the dissapearing cockpit parts (hopefully solved)
- new driver helmet (2014 version)
- single package

Installation notes: Unsinstall the older version first, before installing this new version. ;)

Here update v0.99:

What is new or changed in v0.99?
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Installation notes: Unsinstall the older version first, before installing this new version. ;)

Last edited:
Stefan has some gfx improvements in the pipeline and I am working on aero and tires at the moment (the tire drop off bug is already fixed):
I made a short comparison between a real LMP1 car and the Lola around COTA. Not a perfect lap from me, but I think you can get a good impression. It was not driven to be as similar to the video as possible just to go as fast as possible.
Maybe someone fancies to make a real side by side video :D

Real LMP1:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes