(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
I did some laps at Le mans last week.
Yes the car was very oversteery (rear is is too loose our American friends would say).
I set rear to min and stiffened front springs (and slow bump shocks a lot) to balance the grip. Also played with diff lock.
Top speeds were very high in Mulsanne straight with aero 1/1 but it was prob on the 10th attempt that I completed a lap. Braking zone for Mulsanne corner needed tip toes.
The Audi R18 is a pussycat compared to this one.
However with the suspension work done I discovered that this car is very sensitive to aero. Higher wing settings stabilised it a lot.
I'm going to work on this more but its a good setup challenge for sure.
My lap time is appr equal to my R18 lap but I spent a lot more time on that one.
Cheers again to Stefan for bringing this car to the community.
I discovered some issues with the overall suspension body stiffnes and tested a closed beta.
On some tracks you can manage it pretty well, but in some types of slow speed corners the car is just too twitchy.

Just wanted to say dont invest too much time into setup work for the moment ;)

Once the issues are fixed I will send Stefan a driveable and quick setup, which maybe can be implemented as default setup to make the car more accessable :)

Really like how the mod progresses!

Can you implement seperate refueling and tire change like in the WEC?
Changing 4 tires would take ~35s and refueling probably around 30s
Should be awesome for endurance events :)

Yes, I can. In your pit menu you will need to select the amount of fuel and/or which tires change yourself though.
I will put it on the list and might implement it with the next update as it's in the hdv file which will be updated anyway! ;)

Yes, I can. In your pit menu you will need to select the amount of fuel and/or which tires change yourself though.
I will put it on the list and might implement it with the next update as it's in the hdv file which will be updated anyway! ;)
In an endurance leauge we encounter a bug, that when you change the driver and select no tyre change, the new driver will get fresh rubber anyway, so you could save time.
Is there a possibility to make the driver after the refueling, but during the tyre change? This way you wouldnt gain time by swapping driver without changing tyres.

In an endurance leauge we encounter a bug, that when you change the driver and select no tyre change, the new driver will get fresh rubber anyway, so you could save time.
Is there a possibility to make the driver after the refueling, but during the tyre change? This way you wouldnt gain time by swapping driver without changing tyres.

Because i did found anything in the ISI forum about this problem i started a post in the bug report section. Hopefully ISI will fix this in future :thumbsup:

In real life, a new driver ALWAYS gets new tires from the team. :)
I think last year at the end of the COTA race they only changed the driver due to heat.
Still would be a nice option on places like LeMans where you can go pretty far on a set of tyres. Not every driver wants to do 4 stints in a row, but the tyres don't care :D

Is the driver swap done during the tyre change or the refueling? If it is during the driver change, than it should be like it is now.

The driver swap is always done when refueling starts, to save time. As far as I know only 2 mechanics can touch the car in the pit. 1 refueling, 1 cleaning the windscreen / headlights.
The tire change is done by 2 aswell.
Ok, so theoretically you could refuel and swap the driver and keep the old tyres in real life? With the workaround you would do a full service every time you swap a driver. Not a big deal, but ISI should fix it :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%