Cars W.I.P GT4's

@Ryno917 @DaWallace Audi R8 16 august 2020
5eam.jpg

But yeah it's probably me having some trouble, i think i need to stop drinking....

Since some month our cars CAN be shown in showroom. All the skinners here making new skins for our GT4s can confirm that. You need the newest Content Manger version and bingo, they are shown as unencrypted cars in showroom.
We explained how it will work for our cars. We are in contact with Ilja and our cars are now "unlocked" in showroom with the encryption, so you can see the cars unencrypted.

So, easily update your Conten Manager to the latest/untested version and you don't have the crystal things anymore.

The Alpine will come to our pack too. So, Benjamin is doing an amazing work.:inlove:

Protecting mods is very important so you don't risk someone implements decent physics on your cars... :roflmao:
Since Benjamin is doing scratch models for our GT4 Package, the encryption makes sense, right?

Since some month our cars CAN be shown in showroom. All the skinners here making new skins for our GT4s can confirm that. You need the newest Content Manger version and bingo, they are shown as unencrypted cars in showroom.
We explained how it will work for our cars. We are in contact with Ilja and our cars are now "unlocked" in showroom with the encryption, so you can see the cars unencrypted.

So, easily update your Conten Manager to the latest/untested version and you don't have the crystal things anymore.

The Alpine will come to our pack too. So, Benjamin is doing an amazing work.:inlove:

Since Benjamin is doing scratch models for our GT4 Package, the encryption makes sense, right?

The most talented modelers and base LICENSED content are not using any kind of tricks...

I can’t see why you should need it.

The most talented modelers and base LICENSED content are not using any kind of tricks...

‍Yeah, why not. We decided to encrypt the cars. And now? Where is the problem?
This discussion about encrypted cars has been carried out countless times.:rolleyes: If you want to drive the cars, look at them in the showroom and also do skins, you can now do so with our encrypted cars. Then you have everything you need. So I don't get the excitement.

I can’t see why you should need it.
And i don't know, why you need unencrypted cars?

Last edited:
‍♂ Yeah, why not. We decided to encrypt the cars. And now? Where is the problem?
This discussion about encrypted cars has been carried out countless times.:rolleyes: If you want to drive the cars, look at them in the showroom and also do skins, you can now do so with our encrypted cars. Then you have everything you need. So I don't get the excitement.

... so at least I could modify physics to something I like.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

@DaWallace I don't use CM, don't want to use it and many people don't use it. Just make your cars like Kunos, they works with or without CM, it's simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
‍♂ Yeah, why not. We decided to encrypt the cars. And now? Where is the problem?

Look around here on RD, check the download section sorted by rating, and check how many of the scratch made cars use encryption... you will find no one uses it. No one. Not because it's too new a feature or whatever, but because we have nothing to hide. If someone really wanted to rip your models they can do that via your typical tools once its decrypted&loaded into AC anyway.

The encryption feature is only being used to hide a models origin, end of story. I see a "blue hedgehog" in the showroom I know its probably a modified Forza rip. Intention for the feature may have been different (as CM has other tools to detect rips) but I've only seen it being used by cars from "facebook groups" like those used on SRP

@ben baron your talent is wasted on a group with these antics

Look around here on RD, check the download section sorted by rating, and check how many of the scratch made cars use encryption... you will find no one uses it. No one. Not because it's too new a feature or whatever, but because we have nothing to hide. If someone really wanted to rip your models they can do that via your typical tools once its decrypted&loaded into AC anyway.

The encryption feature is only being used to hide a models origin, end of story. I see a "blue hedgehog" in the showroom I know its probably a modified Forza rip. Intention for the feature may have been different (as CM has other tools to detect rips) but I've only seen it being used by cars from "facebook groups" like those used on SRP

@ben baron your talent is wasted on a group with these antics

kind of strage to have to read this kind of negativity here every time...

just a little report from our day....

tim heinemann current dtm trophy leader and test driver of guerilla mods posted my pictures of our yesterdays session under his official race driver account to announce the weekend race...

maxi koebolt posted a video in dtm trophies insta story driving our m4 under the hashtag 'last tests for lausitzring' after this we've had a little chat....

we're in contact with race drivers and teams all around the motorsport world...

just because we're so 'not worth it' ?

PS: this comment is not meant to 'compare underwear sizes' it's more the point of a good old sentence we use here in germany... 'wie du es in den wald brüllst so kommt es wieder raus' what basically means treat us like humans and we can talk on kind of a normal level compared to what is going on here all the time...

Last edited:
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

So, if you don't like us, why you put in all the energy to write those hate comments? Makes no sense. We won't change anything and we don't care. Simply leave the thread, go your way and don't let this thread go this offtopic.:rolleyes:
It's Benjamins thread of his work. If you want to discuss something, write a PM.

Last edited:
It's not really offtopic to ask if these cars will use the encryption, and point out how unpopular encryption is on RD, is it?
That is probably correct, in part. but our position on the matter has already been clarified here, hasn't it? what can now only be read from your side here are hate comments and how bad guerrilla mods are. And since this thread is not about the encryption of our cars, but about Benjamin's 3d model work, does the discussion go off-topic after all, or am I wrong? if you really want to discuss the futility of encryption and let yourself go about how bad we are, open your own thread, pat you on the shoulder, what kind of heroes you are and be satisfied with it. As already written for the third time, we are not interested in your opinion, nor are we interested in your opinion of us in general. So, no further discussion needed in this thread, but apparently even this statement, which is now being made for the third time, does not get through to your brain.

I'd like to add, the cars work in the CM showroom, but not in the stock showroom. So you can do previews in CM, but encryption still matters and does restrict some things you might want to do with it, even if you're just an end user.

'wie du es in den wald brüllst so kommt es wieder raus'
Yes, and that works both ways.

• Deleted member 223075

@DaWallace
Yes encryption is related with ben's mods because he talk about cars modded for AC but as we see "only for CM users".... (know it can work for non CM users but only in race, nothing work properly in showroom)

You think is good to divide people on the same plateform on the same game ?

Because ben baron made these mod why not he can decide if these mods are encrypted or no ?

I wonder what the psychology is behind everything that's currently encrypted having some nefarious origin. Why the "creators" of that feel the need to protect it when quite literally all of the people that do legitimate work do not. If they want to encrypt what Ben's done, alright I guess, but they're also eliminating any potential to change any of the physics files because of the way the encryption works.

Anyway, like AccAkut said, it's no harder to rip the model from AC than it was to rip it from whatever its original origin was. So it's not really stopping anything, rather just showing insecurity.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back