Cars W.I.P GT4's

if you have problems of understanding and reading stuff , then I cannot do anything for you !
You are still welcome to show how off my model is , I have no pb with that or justified critics , the first sentence was explaining speed modeling = proportion model ... and your first comment is about

View attachment 367201

what do you know about car industry then ???
What I know about car industry , by doing production models , is that Poly modelling is not accurate .... reflectivity of surfaces , gaps , offset , any stuff you will do in poly will not be accurate .... My preferences on alias as A class models are like 0.001 mm and tangency or curvature continuity are 0.01 mm , which you don t control any time on your " precise poly model "

So your free critics ,to tell that is not accurate , yes it is not , like your models so far ...
i will be happy to argu with you , but my feeling is you are a super closed mind person !

see you on the other side like you said
You can take advice from people who are clearly more experienced in the AC modding scene (who have both produced very high quality content), you could even say that you just don't care and do your own thing - both would be respectable imo. Alternatively, you can claim that their work is as inaccurate as yours, and try to diminish their achievements. Do you expect anything good to come from that?

You can take advice from people who are clearly more experienced in the AC modding scene (who have both produced very high quality content), you could even say that you just don't care and do your own thing - both would be respectable imo. Alternatively, you can claim that their work is as inaccurate as yours, and try to diminish their achievements. Do you expect anything good to come from that?
I did not see any advice here , sorry , just critics , and telling how bad the work is , and how bad gonna the physics etc etc... I don t see any point of continuing here , or posting anything on RD in the futur,

I am done here
models would be available on the fb page

see you , have a nice game

it's chill time

he meant no harm
we've seen (we as forum users) people rushing models, only to go back to it, and sometimes having to remodel not satisfied with the result

once a mod is finished and done, it's difficult to find the motivation to go back to it at all
so to me, it's more under that aspect, trying to do something well rather ;)

anyways
we all love new content creators
we all love each other
right ?

RIGHT guys ??

have i been in lockdown too long ? Possible.

I did not see any advice here , sorry , just critics , and telling how bad the work is , and how bad gonna the physics etc etc... I don t see any point of continuing here , or posting anything on RD in the futur,

I am done here
models would be available on the fb page

see you , have a nice game
I for one would have welcomed you here... if there'd been that sort of elitism when I started off years ago I'd probably never made it past opening Blender once. The criticism by certain users may have been valid, but it was worded wrong and in a very "gatekeeping" type of way (and yes I know that me personally am very harsh when new people try to pass of rips as work of their own. This is something totally different here)

This is really cool. Are you using maya nurbs? I quite like the idea of going all-quads with my meshes but it gets hard for me to manage.

I could never figure out how to use curves, they never do what I want :(

First of all, everyone keep calm :D

@A3DR I understand your honest intention, but man, what's the point of saying to a guy that is explicitly dubbing this work as "speed modelling project" that he rushed it out? That was the whole point of it :D not accuracy, but speed. It's like saying to someone who does speedruns that that way he doesn't notice the fine details of the game. That's not what interests him.

@qxh2331 you relax man; nobody had bad intentions, everything was just a big misunderstanding and, admit it, you overreacted a bit to it ;) you should have just said "accuracy was not the end goal of this project, but speed completion of a high-poly model". Done, end of discussion :)

Come on lads, easy, you are making a mess out of nothing, really ;) then words fly that you don't mean and later you regret it, take it from a master at this fine art!

@A3DR I understand your honest intention, but man, what's the point of saying to a guy that is explicitly dubbing this work as "speed modelling project" that he rushed it out? That was the whole point of it :D not accuracy, but speed. It's like saying to someone who does speedruns that that way he doesn't notice the fine details of the game. That's not what interests him.

@qxh2331 you relax man; nobody had bad intentions, everything was just a big misunderstanding and, admit it, you overreacted a bit to it ;) you should have just said "accuracy was not the end goal of this project, but speed completion of a high-poly model". Done, end of discussion :)

Come on lads, easy, you are making a mess out of nothing, really ;) then words fly that you don't mean and later you regret it, take it from a master at this fine art!
For the record, this has been resolved externally and we've arrived at an understanding. Would be worth cleaning the thread up a bit :thumbsup:

I have another kind of controversial (couldn't resist sorry) opinion on these cars :D

The physics. We all know(or can easily guess) guerilla's physics. I wonder if someone would be up for the task of giving these scratch made beauties, the physics they deserve.

The point is that it's a missed opportunity to turn something good in something GREAT, that's all there's to it. This guy clearly has skills to do it right, so why not go the extra mile? I guess that interests us all, after all we're getting a free car in the end, right?

Instead he keeps fixating on other people's work and talking about his job on and on, as if we care. Thought this was a WIP thread after all.

This guy clearly has skills to do it right, so why not go the extra mile?

Because he doesn’t want to. He is free to choose ;) we have to accept other people might take different decisions than ours. That doesn’t necessarily make them wrong. It means they have different priorities or philosophies. Hard to get down sometimes but we have to respect it, as we want our freedom to be respected at anytime.

Instead he keeps fixating on other people's work and talking about his job on and on, as if we care.

Yes, and keep saying this will only exacerbate the situation further, it doesn’t help solve it ;)

Because he doesn’t want to. He is free to choose ;) we have to accept other people might take different decisions than ours. That doesn’t necessarily make them wrong. It means they have different priorities or philosophies. Hard to get down sometimes but we have to respect it, as we want our freedom to be respected at anytime.

Overreacting a bit? nah...

Ps: the car is more close to the real model than some paid mods :thumbsup:

You are not the only one to have a website , https://www.behance.net/Ben_Baron
and by devaluating the work of the others , I Think you should work on improving your visuals ... see you for your next lovely comment !

I don t understand comments like those 2 guys , which are even not liking , or appreciating , (thinking they are gods probably)

If that was enough to send OP away in a huff, OP shouldn't be here anyway.

Enough said.

Just to clarify my earlier post, which maybe sounds a little saltier than I intended... this is a passionate and curiously observant community. You're going to get nitpicked (occasionally to a fault) for any inaccuracies of model, physics, or sound when you share your work here. It's a pretty common occurrence in WIP and release threads so it's definitely something you'll need to be able to handle... or this place will drive you mad. :p

Could you post some teaser images of the interiors as well?
yop , i have working lately on it , ( I really hate doing interiors ) I want to achieve correct level of details but stay under 60-80 k polygons , and interiors are costing a lot .... especially all the circular stuff and my way to model is not really fitting to low poly as well ^^ , here are some pics :
interiorp1.png

interiorpp.png

panozinteriorp3.png

I am quite happy , the model stays about 250 k polygons , the wheels are not gonna be the one from those pics , (probably heavier later on )
interiorp3.png

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 35.1%