Cars W.I.P GT4's

I hate to be that person, but what happened to these? I see that the progress reports just stopped after the argument about encrypted models - and then activity just halted entirely. The cars themselves look fantastic, so I'd love to see where they are now.

WTF happened here...? came in to check out the cars, need to join a FB group to download so screw it.

Encryption is only used by kids who rip models from other games and don't want people to find out. There's no other use for it. After all, you're releasing free content already!
My models are 100% scratch made. Don't need to encrypt anything.
well you could in theory use it to protect your content from being ripped and put into other games, but yeah, most of the time - from what I have seen at least - it's used on ripped models , which I find quite funny in a way,
someone rips of content that's protected by game, and then tries to protect it again by new encryption

For the record, one things I don't like about encrypted models is that you can't easily regenerate showroom thumbnails, unless the encryption key was passed to Content Manager ( but , if you use vanially AC, then there's no way for you to regenerate, actually speaking of vanilla AC, you might not even be able to run the car I imagine?)

Last edited:
csm_olymp_tempo_7a6d3ac701.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

Previews can be excluded from the encryption, it probably just hasn't been done with these cars yet.

Nope. All cars are encrypted. This one is made by Ben BAron (here in this topic) and was released without info (they probably forget) but they don't forget to encrypt the car .............

So all the cars presented here will be encrypted by "guerilla mods".

Nope. All cars are encrypted. This one is made by Ben BAron (here in this topic) and was released without info (they probably forget) but they don't forget to encrypt the car .............

So all the cars presented here will be encrypted by "guerilla mods".
I think you misunderstood me. I know Guerilla will be encrypting the cars, all I was saying was that the ability to create your own previews can be allowed as part of the encryption process, if the modder decides to allow it. You can then create your own previews (like a lot of people like to do to make their library have a consistent theme) without the blue crystal effect.
It'd be great if all encrypted mods allowed this by default as seems to be one of the biggest complaints that people have (apart from the overall encryption in general, of course).

Nice car.... Prorbably, i don't know
OT: when CM displays that when trying to generate previews (via cm showroom, even if ks style) instead of just refusing to make them, and the car will also show blue on the cm showroom (when installed on its content folder), it means an encrypted model allows you to make previews or be seen on cm showroom, but your CM is outdated and misses a key for that car.
If you use the current beta 0.8.2226.37393 (x86), it should work for most recent stuff. You'll have to allow updates to untested versions right on CM, because it's not available on github.

I just bothered to check that car for you before binning it, and it'll show fine on CM showroom/ cm showroom generated previews, allowing to create newer ones. But given that you're even displaying the AC logo, I presume you're trying the default showroom to create previews (ksPreviewBuilder.exe), or just opening it via vanilla showroom.exe, where decryption won't ever be available. CSP is only injected over acs.exe, not showroom.exe.

Bellow is an example of a ks style preview freshly generated via cm showroom, as the encryption on that car was set to allow it:
preview.jpg
No, it's not a perfect match to vanilla generated ones, but should be close enough and much faster to create too. CM showroom will also work as usual to inspect the model, find dds names to dev a skin, but won't let you extract files (or see some obj/mat parameters, for that you have the obj inspector ingame).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back