Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

huh, thanks that makes sense, personally I've found with more experimentation providing you keep the car relatively straight (even through corners such as the final one at RA) the car may be slightly unstable whilst downshifting but the effect is negligable, I guess it comes down to a preference in terms of feeling rather than pure performance

Last edited:
I Drive with the standard tyre pressure (18psi front/17psi rear) and can do low 1.26.xxx without overheating the tyres on Watkins Glen. At least the Tyre Pressure app says, that the tyres are still in their optimum pressure/heat window. Maybe you over steering the front tyres to much?

I find that very hard to believe can you post lap with tyre app open. 1:26 lap is quali pace.

.....there is way too many fast corners that can be taken flat out. Logically its putting a lot of load since Inner loop is flat pretty much at that point entering laces and toe is tip toe along.
But I would not expect there to that much sensitivity in tyre that is built to withstand 1500 kg+ of downforce.

Using @bastoner97 firestone logo and normal/specular map tweaks + correct motion blur, I fixed up the unrealistic look for the 2012 cars... If there's enough interest, and bastoner is cool with this, I can upload the textures :thumbsup:

Number 15 is the old material, 10 car = new

shot37.jpg

IMO something like that can change the whole look of a car...
shot40.jpg

Using @bastoner97 firestone logo and normal/specular map tweaks + correct motion blur, I fixed up the unrealistic look for the 2012 cars... If there's enough interest, and bastoner is cool with this, I can upload the textures :thumbsup:

View attachment 258213

View attachment 258215

Yeah! Top job man! Release it so i can use it on my next skin! :D

View attachment 258213

View attachment 258215

the tires colors looks more natural/real. nice can u do it for 1999 too?

I don't know why, but out of all the fictional skins the 'not BUD' one is triggering me hard. One of you talented skinners please fix it soon!

The skinpacks that are available are awesome, thanks to all who have provided them. (not sure why I have eight versions of the Marlboro livery for each of the two cars though. LOL)

I don't know why, but out of all the fictional skins the 'not BUD' one is triggering me hard. One of you talented skinners please fix it soon!

The skinpacks that are available are awesome, thanks to all who have provided them. (not sure why I have eight versions of the Marlboro livery for each of the two cars though. LOL)

I'm doing Richie Hearn livery atm. Not sure I'm very talented though.

These cars are awesome (esp the '99 Car) but one thing I have noticed is that whilst driving the 99 car that although I initially thought that blipping the throttle whilst downshifting was necessary (with most videos of the car I have seen including this), I have personally found that the car does not require it for me as there is no loss instability when downshifting whilst it is required with cars such as those in the RSS GT pack, idk if it is down to the fact that I drive on a controller or not but at RA I managed to get down to a fairly competitive laptime (1:40.713).

Long story short should a blip on downshift be required or not?

Depends on the rev you change the gears. On open wheelers cars the brakes are better, so, you react later to change the gears and the rev is low when you do it.

But as Qazdar Karim said, if you try to put third gear on some situations you can make the car spin.

If anyone does want to attempt making Toronto, I can take reference photos if needed. Seems like there would be a lot of trackside geometry to deal with, though.

Just a shame nobody wants to convert or get permission for CART extreme I remember eons ago there was talk on the official forums about it.

Also its great how much better the 2018 looks. I hope we have Push to Pass integrated along the LED place markers
I feel like the way they would have to integrate it is have ERS but don't have regen, because the 2018 rules pacakge allows for I think 15 or 10 seconds of push to pass for the entire race, so if you had 10 or 15 seconds of ERS it would act as push to pass because I think it's impossible to simulate the turbo getting extra boost for that small amount of time.

If anyone does want to attempt making Toronto, I can take reference photos if needed. Seems like there would be a lot of trackside geometry to deal with, though.

There is a fair bit of trackside detail, for sure, but at least most of it is there year-round and getting reference would be easy. I still hope someone will do a good version of it some day, I've always liked the track.

I lived basically right beside the circuit for 6 and a half years; sad that I'll miss it this year since I've moved across the country.

I feel like the way they would have to integrate it is have ERS but don't have regen, because the 2018 rules pacakge allows for I think 15 or 10 seconds of push to pass for the entire race, so if you had 10 or 15 seconds of ERS it would act as push to pass because I think it's impossible to simulate the turbo getting extra boost for that small amount of time.

IIRC the amount of P2P varies depending on the circuit. At Road America they had about 40 seconds of it for the race.

I think i will just keep the 2017 p2p system,or split the 150sec allowance to 30x5secs (i know that it's not realistic, but indy changes that through the season), i 'm not really happy with using ERS for that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back