Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

A Champ Car uses a six-speed sequential transmission that is more similar to a motorcycle's transmission than to a typical automobile's. Shifting is done by the driver using a small lever to the right of the steering wheel:

Another feature of a Champ Car's engine and transmission is called Shift Without Lift, or SWOL. The engine control unit allows the transmission to shift gears without the driver lifting off the accelerator. The driver can therefore upshift without using the clutch or letting off the gas, and this maximizes acceleration. The SWOL feature is also available during downshifting, but the driver must match engine rpm with the gear choice during the downshift.

Too bad it's not up yet at RD.

@Bram Hengeveld

giphy.gif

Thank you for creating this mods. I was waiting for a proper champcar for many years now.
Love it so far but I have some small critics.

1. Im missing the characteristic sound from the onboards. Cant really describe it but compared to old onboards on YT the sound feels a bit off.

2. While cornering the car lacks a bit feedback when it under or oversteers.

Other than that I really love it.

Outstanding mod, well worth the money. Detail is exquisite, the driving experience is immense. Indycar is not something I am overly familiar with, but this is so good, I am going to watch the entire 1999 Indycar championship from the start.

For some reason, I can't launch the cars. Haven't touched anything, aside from installing the skins, but they bounce about mid way through loading into AC. Both 1999 and 2012 cars. No fault message in CM.
Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks Mike! Disabling the lights patch did the trick. Not entirely sure she shaking patch had anything to do with it but I turned that off as well, just to be sure.

Wow! These cars are a blast! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MHS

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies