Cars VRC American Racing Championship

• Deleted member 223075

Where the O letter is stopping is the maximum height where the logo is no more deformed. Try to put the Superflo logo a little lower
66g3.jpg

Looks like its been box UV mapped, which is really easy to understand as a skinner (and make as a modeller) but will usually result in some pretty bad stretching at various points on the model, and isn't really space efficient.
Its always a compromise - ideally you'd want to relax each panel separately for minimal stretching, but it makes the UV layout less intuitive for skinners and makes matching livery elements across multiple panels more challenging.
I like to find a balance somewhere in between, keep as much of the body as one piece if possible (minimising unnatural seams), but also relax it to avoid too much stretching, keep the layout sensible but not wasteful. Its a bit of a balancing act, and you wont ever please everyone.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can anything be improved here or will it stay that way?
The texture over the rear wheel is very muddy,
which makes it impossible to set the lettering a little higher
or straight lines are then bent or not straight.
it's the same on both sides.
Thank you and greetings
thw7sgnyjh7w6zrzg.jpg
Hi Chrisi,
Gary almost answered it all for me, it's always a compromise. As well as it might be easier on our aproach to make simple 2D paints, it might get really hard when trying to make something more complex on certain parts of the car.
Best advice I would give you is to use the 3D template, that should solve all your problems. If you don't have any 3D painting software, contact me and maybe I can personally fix that part of your design for you.

By the way, we are on the final stages before uploading the update on the Chevrette. We will probably make some fine tunning on some aspects once the new Auriel gets ingame and release another update.

Chevrette V1.1 released!

Full changelog:
MODEL:
-Fixed problem with damaged glass transparency which caused cockpit not to be visible from outside without shaders patch.
-Fixed showroom cockpit view.
-Improved LODs (thank you Lilski for your feedback) reducing LOD B, C and D objects quantity and at the same time improving its UVs and triangle/polycount.
-Reduced gauges AO opacity.
-Tweaked ao maps based on new LODs Uvs.
-Tweaked center mirror image position.
PHYSICS:
- Fixed an issue where the car (especially AI) flipped over after riding a kerb (Thanks mclarenF1pappa for the tip).
- The car now features a live axle at the rear.
- Reworked the front suspension geometry (higher roll center).
- Readjusted springs/ARBs rates values.
- Dampers are not supposed to be adjustbale but it's enabled in the setup to help with any issues that could occur with the change in
stiffness, especially at the rear (AC limitation).
- Slight changes to the tyres load sensitivity/slip curves/flex and thermal model.
- Slight change to the aero (+2% front aero balance on average).

We are still working out a less invasive way for our "sound watermark" which will be implemented in next update.
As usual, don't hesitate to contact us, use our forums or this very forum to share your feedback.
Thank you for your patience, we really hope you enjoy this new build.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

We are still working out a less invasive way for our "sound watermark" which will be implemented in next update.

Please don't change it because it's easy to remove it if we don't want to hear it.

With live axle rear the car is death trap.
Previous version with DWB was lot more fun to drive.

Sometimes doing what real world did without actual data and limitation of physics engine is not way to go.

If you watch youtube videos of real car onboard at no point does it look like its trap.

Think I am just gonna apply initial version data.acd file over the 1.1 version.

Car drives fine. Just the default setup is a bit too free. Move the brake bias forward a bit, take some rear bar out, soften the rear springs a few clicks and put some front bar in and you can toss it around in anger all day long.

Took it for a few laps around Riverside tonight and is awesome around there.

While reviewing the video I did find one odd thing with the taillights. And it happens on both of my machines. The left and right don't match.
upload_2019-9-8_0-53-32.png

Also LODb has some holes around the taillights that stick out pretty bad with triple screens.
upload_2019-9-8_0-54-44.png

Other than that it is much improved visually and physically IMO from 1.0.

Last edited:
I just reduced rear ARB and had a great race around Silverstone. My first race without changing setup at Redbull Ring was a bit messier!

Loving the car though and improvements with 1.1. Will be tweaking setup a bit more to increase stability though! I was getting done on breaking by the AI far too much at first!

I'd imagine that be an aero issue.Maybe the front splitter doesn't have ground clearance lut so it generates its full front downforce regardless of how high from the ground the splitter is. And/or the aoa lut is too aggressive. Or something similar with the rear wing luts.

The car nosedives very very heavily over the jump, why? I get it's front engined but still its hugely violent. From the cockpit it feels like the front gets magnetically pulled down as if trying to to spin the object about its centerpoint.
I'll look into it. It's aero related but not the issue described by @Ghoults.
Edit: Fixed! I had to control the lookup tables limits.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea