Cars VRC American Racing Championship

Hey VRC, is there a reason the tires on your Chevrette are very soft. The tires only last about 10-12 laps on the watkins glen endurance layout, and at Daytona Road course they last about 10 laps. This car is supposed to do 24hr races right, so will the tires be updated, or is there a reason they are so soft?

Other than that the car is awesome and very fun to drive. :)

Does it? I was under the impression those IMSA GTO races back then were more loke 60-90 minutes long?
They also did the Daytona 24 and Sebring 12 Hours, depending on the team they would either run a separate front end with lights or just stick some rally style lights on when night came

1989daytonaskoalmw.jpg

fc72b59a8c43683c79c445ea5fad7d9c.png

when you're not a dev you gotta trust the tools that are available for the "casual gamer"
Trust the laptimes you are able to produce long into a stint, not the slightly arbitrary colours on a tyre app.

the apps works for your the Kunos cars, and your other cars, so why wouldn't it work for this car?
It works, but the point is its just a colour on an app telling you your tyres are not at their best. Are you still able to drive quickly? How is the balance?
These are the factors you should be using to decide whether or not the tyre is ‘lasting’ or not, whether its beneficial in race time to pit or not.

Now i haven't driven this car on a long stint, but i have plenty others in AC, and having some or all of the wear indicators well into red is not necessarily a problem. Often its quicker to do so instead of pitting. With fuel burn in some cars you can lose relatively little laptime despite that app suggesting all hope is lost.

They also did the Daytona 24 and Sebring 12 Hours, depending on the team they would either run a separate front end with lights or just stick some rally style lights on when night came

1989daytonaskoalmw.jpg

fc72b59a8c43683c79c445ea5fad7d9c.png

Main reason why we hadn't do that yet is because even if we can hide the lights, those will still "light up". We are talking with Ilja to see if there's some way to improve that aspect.
Anyhow, we are including a optional light cover in next version, coming up really soon.

10509B8AFBE5E9C46E618E401A23AD594C6F93F5

Judging by your posting pattern, the next auriel 90 gto wip post will be from in game right? :D

@MHS

Haha it's likely we will finish the Prototype series first adding its latest car the "Pavey Longhood". :)

Last edited:
Main reason why we hadn't do that yet is because even if we can hide the lights, those will still "light up". We are talking with Ilja to see if there's some way to improve that aspect. Anyhow, we are including a optional light cover in next version, coming up really soon.

I don't know if this has been mentioned to you but i get light cones in the cm showroom when i turn on the lights. Lights are covered, but the cone is there.

Haha it's likely we will finish the Prototype series first adding its latest car the "Pavey Longhood". :)

That's the most native american name i've ever heard for a car :D
Looking forward to it. Very refreshing to see some high quality, non-open wheeler, kind of modern race cars in ac modding scene recently. Too many vintage cars, too many open wheelers sadly...

Chevrette V1.2 released!

Full changelog:
MODEL:
-Further improvements to LOD B and C.
-Added option in setup to hide light covers.
-Changed glasses render priority.
-Changed rear wing render priority.
PHYSICS:
-Fixed an issue with aero beyond the aeromap's opertaional ride heights.

As usual, don't hesitate to contact us, use our forums or this very forum to share your feedback.
Enjoy it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years