URD eGT mod

I allways have rights to my 3d/2d models and my work, it goes under artist free expression and i can charge for this work just like any artist that makes wall pictures of photografers selling pictures.
Why do you actually want to force somebody to work for you for free Rui? Does anybody force you to drive for free in leagues? I guess not buy its a fun you want to have it. You are talking about donations and you sayed, you "prefer" that. So how many times did you donate sofar for all the modders work you used?
Really, dont force that WE modders must work for you FREE as we are not forcing you that you have to use/buy our products!
And as sayed, we still do FREE stuff, so how much did you donate sofar for that if you allready prefer doing that? Just wondering? I never asked for donations on our C6.R wich is free to comunity and for the note, we didnt get a cent of donations for this car eather sofar! So dont try to teach us here something that you clearly dont do.
In my lets say modding carrer, ive got 40 euros donations in over 10 years! And i think ive done top notch stuff!

F1c-ctdp involvment & gsmf team involvment. DTM cars 2004 mercedes and alot of help on many other league or modding teams.

GTR2-SuperGT mod-2 scratch complete cars and few other updated. GMT help on Fia GT 98 models
Audi r15-here donations were done! 2 of them by one guy and i didnt even want to have it!

rFactor-alot of help to many modding teams from 3d/2d work involvment and some of my cars conversions, league mods and so on.

rFactor2-Corvette C6r FREE, alot of help to community from sharing files like rims-textures, helping with modding all around...more cars coming free to!

AC-Corvette C6r FREE...more cars coming free to!

i have even donated alot of models ive done and never released!
And i probably forgot alot more to add...

And as sayed, i never asked for money on all this things! Never will, dont want it for our FREE stuff but bit respect to our payware cant be so hard or?!
Im not saying/forcing anybody to buy it and you dont need to but respect that some do like our way and they are happy with our product to.

I completly respect desicion of those who dont purchase it but that some of you are actually complaining about it all the time and writing some facts that arent any i dont get it.

But since last years of rfactor game the quality and work has changed and its time so as money consuming allready from my side even for free work!

Last edited:
"Splitting" the "community" with mods, I`ve never heard of such bullcrap, really!! If the content creator is selling his work he is free to do so, as are you, the buyer, free to pass. This sounds like the same shitty argumentation that piracy is good for sales. I can`t stand people stating crap like that.
And regarding official Dlc: That has got zero to do with splitting anything, seriously. Grow up. It´s an offer for you, the buyer to pay for their work in order to enjoy the game more and them getting compensated for hard work.

Sorry all if you don't agree with me, like i've said it's my opinion and time will tell if this will be good or not for simracing community.
In relation to DLC's i am in favour of them because it's OFFICIAL content and represent the real data of cars and tracks, just don't understand why some hypocrits say it's good to charge because modders eat, buy shoes etçª and they're making money stealing original owners product, is this correct? Or they pay some of their profit to the original brands? It's like buying music CD's and sell pirate copy's of them!

Also, just want to make clear that i really admire most modders work that made the simracing community what it is today.

Stay well.

c75no.jpg

Rui your statemnets are completly false. Your saying something when you dont know background of what is happening.

You are just looking for excuses to rant over modders work and you are simply showing how much is work from modder worth to you as a usser of it!

Do you use mods? Just wondering? Or you simply write here some words?

As you clearly have no respect to modders and there FREE work eather from what you are saying here! You clearly have no idea how much work/time and knowledge is needed for a modder to produce a car or a track from scratch and how much gray hair we get with even on car/track when doing it!

And for the note, game developers vs modders actually isnt big different as you might think. One is that they buy the name/badge of something wich simply sales better but the work and many times even the source for model/physics/sounds can be the same as modders have it!
But if you want to buy a badge than game developers and modders could maybe start doing simply boxes with wheel and put it in your car manufacturer color and badge/name on it.

And most of us here have bought games for over 20 years that presented real cars/tracks and were not licensed! Maybe you should overall check games around, its not just modders who hide behind "fantasy" content.
And one more thing, most of game developers are using modders as there 3d/2d source!

You simply have a problem of beeing a modder becase you are clearly lacking respect and before you make some next excuses. Take some time, go google what game developers use for cars/tracks and for how long this was allready done and nobody whined about those.

You didn't read my entire last post... Yes, i play racing games since i was a kid, 1985, played and bought all Accolade F1's, Geoff Crammond GP series, TRD, LFS, since 2010 i've bought a wheel and raced lots of mods in rFactor and know what? Only 5% of the mods i've played were eventually worth the money, anyway people done them for free. Imagine all modders have charged for them, for sure we didn't reach where we are now. I don't criticise your POV, it's your POV and i respect it, like i have mine, i am a serious simracer and i've allways be competitive, honest and respectful with other people. I'm not properly a noob and i know how to race and evaluate if a mod is good or not. I've been into karting races for some years now and have some experience in race cars. In simracing i've raced in Xtremerpm.org for some time and currently 'i'm racing at R2P since 2013, you can check my page in the link on the bottom.

Stay well and good luck with your mods.

Mod edit: please, no links!

Last edited by a moderator:
That about 5% i give you right. You wont get all mods payware, ever, that is something i can ensure you. Even we are not doing all cars payware and we will continue that in both versions on some cars for sure. Like i sayed, we are just giving another option and nothing else.

I will give you one example:
Modder-car/track builder makes 1-2 cars/tracks for a game free, amasing quality. Game developer offers him a job and he takes it so usually in that case eather he wont have time to do more tracks or he will not be allowed to do them. Wouldnt be better to support modders like that rather than loosing them to game dev to? You know its really hard to find these days people doing scratch made work what ever its car or a track.
Game developers will allways find 2d/3d artist easy but community not and we have such great 2 base games now for this.
As you see donations dont work as if they would that modder would not go to grab a job just like that.
And this one thing that happened to the community few times allready and there are just less and less modders these days.

Guys as sayed in first post no hard feelings.

Last edited:
And regarding official Dlc: That has got zero to do with splitting anything, seriously. Grow up. It´s an offer for you, the buyer to pay for their work in order to enjoy the game more and them getting compensated for hard work.

You make the assumption I'm complaining. I haven't stated an opinion either way.

I was just pointing out that while people are claiming paid for mods are splitting the community, KS are going to do exactly the same thing. KS will definitely cause a split because their dlc will have far higher visibility to users and very likely, a high level of take-up - certainly a different level to mods.

@Frederic Schornstein I'm talking in the long term, crap mods will be sold without you even try them, aswell as other issues i've written in that post...

What i mean with "be paid to race" is that if money starts to be involved, me as a good driver want to be paid too if racing for a team for example, or by winning a championship, afterall, like modders i spend money on hardware, software and personal time on it, that's fair too don't you think?

It's a question of principles, if you do something for hobby, the love to simracing or computers i understand, if you're trying to win money from it don't count on me because i won't spend a penny on it. I rather prefer instead to make a donation of 10€ for example for those who make great mods for free...
We will always have both freeware and payware. You have to keep in mind that as far as I know Ales does this kind of job working for pCars, AC and developing his own URD Mods. There are as well people, who do it purely for there fun in the freetime. I don't see any problem with it. It is like an expension pack or DLC you can buy it or not.
A normal modding group can't just start asking for money either as it would be income and they need to setup a company and everything and no freetime modder will go through all these hoops to earn a few bucks. He will put up a donation link and thats it.
I dont see any harm for the community and if you are talking longterm we have the URD T5 cars since a really longtime in rF2 and did it had a negative effect on the community? NO!

Only so far in the AC camp I heard lots of complaining so far, but why? You don't want it, you don't buy it and if you are not sure you can even try one car out for free!
I would never buy a Mod where I couldn't try at least one car.

If you want to get paid as a driver join FSR there you can win actual money, but you have to pay for your license etc.
I do my racing for the enjoyment and I wouldn't asked to get paid for that. But you could try it to find yourself a sponsor who pays you like in real racing. As we are all non-professional racing drivers you can't expect a team to pay ;)

To make an exception here, I want to say some short things about the Mod itself.
First, I have driven the Darche mainly, and I quite like it. Don´t think it has too much "super grip" as some say, drove it on the Nordschleife with Medium tyres. Got 6:53:546 out of it after some trying. It is not understeering very much, unlike the default Z4 GT3 car, but I think this might be quite true to the "real" car. I admit though, that I needed about 2/3 off the Z4 GT3´s steering input only. Didn´t yet get to try really high steering angles.

Is there, or will there be a possibility to paint the interiours? The white wheel of the Darche is quite annoying in my opinion, and I´d like to try to reskin the wheel center, if possible.
Or is there an update coming soon for the wheel?

Reactions: Si
@alless1184 Thanks for the heads up.

From what I can read you also work for Kunos and you are releasing the unlicensed (fictional) content while Kunos is releasing licensed content.
That may be a good idea, I remember when ETS2 came out SCS did not have license for Volvo, yet we had a exact replica of a Volvo truck under a fictional name.
But I guess it's time to stop calling your content as Mod and starting to call it what it is, a paid DLC.
I have nothing against paid DLC, still I want to be able to use it in its fulness and again my concerns with your content are going to MP exactly because is the main reason why I have bought AC.
Kunos content related to car data (in particular power.lut) is heavily encrypted not being easy for the most of the users to edit these values, successfully. This means when online and with Kunos content we have a certain level of guarantee that we are having a fair race.
Do you have plans to introduce the same level of security in your content, or you plan to allow everyone to edit car data without restrictions?
I have being looking at your website and couldn't find any related info, can you provide some clarification?
Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Si
To make an exception here, I want to say some short things about the Mod itself.
First, I have driven the Darche mainly, and I quite like it. Don´t think it has too much "super grip" as some say, drove it on the Nordschleife with Medium tyres. Got 6:53:546 out of it after some trying. It is not understeering very much, unlike the default Z4 GT3 car, but I think this might be quite true to the "real" car. I admit though, that I needed about 2/3 off the Z4 GT3´s steering input only. Didn´t yet get to try really high steering angles.

Is there, or will there be a possibility to paint the interiours? The white wheel of the Darche is quite annoying in my opinion, and I´d like to try to reskin the wheel center, if possible.
Or is there an update coming soon for the wheel?

@alless1184 Thanks for the heads up.

From what I can read you also work for Kunos and you are releasing the unlicensed (fictional) content while Kunos is releasing licensed content.
That may be a good idea, I remember when ETS2 came out SCS did not have license for Volvo, yet we had a exact replica of a Volvo truck under a fictional name.
But I guess it's time to stop calling your content as Mod and starting to call it what it is, a paid DLC.
I have nothing against paid DLC, still I want to be able to use it in its fulness and again my concerns with your content are going to MP exactly because is the main reason why I have bought AC.
Kunos content related to car data (in particular power.lut) is heavily encrypted not being easy for the most of the users to edit these values, successfully. This means when online and with Kunos content we have a certain level of guarantee that we are having a fair race.
Do you have plans to introduce the same level of security in your content, or you plan to allow everyone to edit car data without restrictions?
I have being looking at your website and couldn't find any related info, can you provide some clarification?
Thanks for reading.

At last, some constructive comments!

edit: I think they are updating the interior of the Darche in an upcoming update!

@bazingaracer you are right and ive changed mod to DLC right now on our website to.
For the car data, i think at some point Kunos will release the outstanding tools needed to complete and secure those files in proper way. After all if the game is moddable im sure they aim to offer same certain level of guarantee that we will have fair races with cars available from community.
The question is only, how long until those files will be hacked, i have seen some people doing it allready.

@alless1184 Thanks for tne reply.

There are no doubts that your work has a superior quality and most likely you have placed many hours of dedication on it, would be somehow a waste being released as a "simple" mod.
Since AC is (and it seems always will be) very limited in matters of content due to license restrictions, AC would be much better if could have fictional replicas in order to close these gap.
In my opinion, Kunos should be hiring you so that your work could be included in game and released under AC logo, surely deserves it and will make the game better.

@alless1184 Thanks for tne reply.

There are no doubts that your work has a superior quality and most likely you have placed many hours of dedication on it, would be somehow a waste being released as a "simple" mod.
Since AC is (and it seems always will be) very limited in matters of content due to license restrictions, AC would be much better if could have fictional replicas in order to close these gap.
In my opinion, Kunos should be hiring you so that your work could be included in game and released under AC logo, surely deserves it and will make the game better.
funny you should say that! I think they have URD doing the C7 for kunos:thumbsup:

My honest opinion is that I think people get too emotional over "pay-ware" modding.
URD have proved with the Corvette C6R GTLM, and countless other cars in rFactor 2, that they're capable of making some of, if not the best mods available for download.

They're putting so much hard work into it, that of course at some point they're going to question whether the amount of time spent on production is worth the $0 they're making in return.

Just remember, this whole URD mod costs less than a 3 month base level subscription to iRacing. Only with URD, you actually own what you pay for, and can keep it forever. You're not forced to buy anything you don't want to, so why argue about it?

You want the best content for free? Well tough luck, things on planet earth just don't work that way. If you walked into a hand made chair factory and said that you wanted some chairs for free, then they'd tell you to get out. Modding is no different. Scratch made content is difficult to make, especially if you want to do a good job, so asking for a small fee (a whole 9 euros, woah, hope that doesn't break the bank!) in return for your hard work is only logical.

I also cannot believe people think Kunos are in the wrong for releasing the dream DLC pack of 10 dream cars, plus a laserscanned Nordschliefe, for something like $20. Kunos employees need to put food on the table, and pay the bills. So if you expect all that for free, then that's just plain selfish on your behalf. And a $20 price for something so monumental is an absolute bargain of the century (aside from an RD Premium Membership of course!).

I honestly don't know how they can charge so little. It's bloody highway robbery I tells ya!

Im not even a fan of Nordschliefe (yeah, blasphemy..I know I know...) But I'm going to buy the official DLC purely to support the effort.

I have been following this thread with much interest over the last few days as this topic has me a little perplexed. So I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I fully understand and respect URD's decision to charge for what I can see as excellent work, judging by the Corvette C6.R. I do question their decision to release the Ferrari as it is a car we will actually be getting from Kunos, so it makes 1/5 of the mod redundant (although I see now it is on other platforms), as well as the Z4, which is very close to it's GT3 cousin (It would be cool to see URD do an official GTE Z4 for Kunos like the C7.R).

But what concerns me the most, is the copyright thingy. Now I am no lawyer, so I am only being speculative. I understand changing the names and small design details to make them (mildly) fictional, but the way I see it, it could still have manufacturers barging in if they choose to do so. As a musician, it would be like me taking someone else song changing one note in the song and selling it as my own (don't mention Led Zepp, haha). But like I said I am no expert, and I could be completely wrong, and perhaps the manufacturers don't pay enough attention?

At this stage I won't be purchasing URD's content, not because I think it's wrong for modders to charge for their work, but mostly because I am student and need to save my coin for future Kunos updates ;) and also because I have a massive OCD overload with "fictional" cars using suspicious sounding brand names :ninja::p and altered details.

Just because I am curious, if a modding team happened to have an official license for a manufacturer, show of hands who would pay (obviously a larger amount) for the content? I know I definitely would.

And as a final note, all those with negative childish views on the subject (I won't point fingers), can you just go away? Reading over the thread, you really bring down the forum to an unnecessary level.

Cheers all,
Harry

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes