URD eGT mod

Your windshield banner looks much better than mine...I'm working on a color pack for a few of the cars.
Showroom_urd_egt_am_15-9-2014-16-41-6.jpg

Hey guys,
Whilst all of these skins look fantastic, there's already a designated thread for such things if you wouldn't mind posting them there.

Even though I do enjoy the eye-candy of that Aston :inlove:, it's probably better to use the WIP thread for WIP screenshots.

Cheers :)

No one is telling you 'you must buy this' if you want to race with us!

it is entirely your own choice! IF we race these cars in future club races they will be interlinked with races using stock content also!

Idk how its possible to interlink a car which i dont have installed on my computer. But if you find a way to do so: GREAT :)
All i know is that with more and more dlc´s and paid modcontent will come, the more the community will split and the more the game will just dont get accepted by the community. Just compare gtr2 with race07....gtr2 all stuff free and everyone can have it without resticitons -> massive online support from players and full servers. Race 07 with DLC Content: No massive online support and empty servers.

I always thought that moding is from the community for the hole community and not just for them which are willing to pay. For Flightsims without MP it works (like i add a fency aftermarket exhaust to my car) but for a racinggame with onlinecompetition it doesnt. Exept iracing which is based on that discrepancy between all that stuff.

Idk how its possible to interlink a car which i dont have installed on my computer. But if you find a way to do so: GREAT :)
All i know is that with more and more dlc´s and paid modcontent will come, the more the community will split and the more the game will just dont get accepted by the community. Just compare gtr2 with race07....gtr2 all stuff free and everyone can have it without resticitons -> massive online support from players and full servers. Race 07 with DLC Content: No massive online support and empty servers.

I always thought that moding is from the community for the hole community and not just for them which are willing to pay. For Flightsims without MP it works (like i add a fency aftermarket exhaust to my car) but for a racinggame with onlinecompetition it doesnt. Exept iracing which is based on that discrepancy between all that stuff.
I wouldnt say that in rF2 150 drivers signed up for a leauge, which uses two payware mods. Here at RD the VSC2 uses the payware mod for one class and there are more than 25 cars signed up with 2 to 3 drivers per car. I thought this as well, but on rF2 nearly everyone owns the mod, so it is no problem. I only tried the Corvette for a few minutes, but it is to beta for me at the moment in terms of physics and graphics.

All i know is that with more and more dlc´s and paid modcontent will come, the more the community will split

I've said this before, paid mods will ruin the big simracing community that grow for FREE! Anyway it's up to you guys to buy it or not but don't expect good things in future if you support this...

P.S. - Also expect to see people creating crap mods and selling them to you, call the police then, lol...

I wouldnt say that in rF2 150 drivers signed up for a leauge, which uses two payware mods. Here at RD the VSC2 uses the payware mod for one class and there are more than 25 cars signed up with 2 to 3 drivers per car. I thought this as well, but on rF2 nearly everyone owns the mod, so it is no problem. I only tried the Corvette for a few minutes, but it is to beta for me at the moment in terms of physics and graphics.

That happen because rF2 has low or poor mods right now, there will be allways a shark trying to do money when there's lack of content, that's the main problem in rF2...

But you could have twice as much people signing up when it would be no payware :) and what will be when in 2 years you need 4-5 paywaremods?

Yes, I always believed that people should use their immense talent and hours of endless labor for the benefit of my hobby, maybe people could go over and cut their grass, or paint their house or something in trade so they can continue working on stuff for our fun.;)

But you could have twice as much people signing up when it would be no payware :) and what will be when in 2 years you need 4-5 paywaremods?
If I have to actually spend another $50-$100 on this hobby of mine that I get hundreds of hours of entertainment out of, that's fine with me.

mod-edit: text edited, don't elicit drama with sarcastic responses

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded these cars yesterday..
(mod comment: I hope you paid for them)
Pretty good work. All drive quite decent.
Now sure how I feel about pay-ware. But I'm pretty sure that uhh.. sim-dream or whatever the crap it is, sells ripped F4 models. And yes, I ripped like 13 F4 models, but I didn't sell them, at least!
If URD were to do some nice street cars (by that I mean some good muscle cars and not a crappy mustang) then I'd buy THAT. The 458 and all not so much, really.

mod-edit: advise on how to obtain commercial content for free is not tolerated here.

OP-edit: I really hate it when moderators edit posts for people. If you don't like that I stated where I saw it, then take out the site named. I didn't hotlink anything. And I wasn't giving advice. And like I said, I downloaded them. I don't think they're worth paying for at this point in time, but I'm sure they will be when they reach a final release stage. That being said, if I get the urge to drive any of them, I'll buy them. But I wouldn't spend my money on something I probably wouldn't like. Think of it as a test drive option.

mod-edit: if you don't like moderators policing forums, then this is not the right one for you.
The staff retain the right to edit/remove content posted by any user if the content is against the rules and can add warnings, or if necessary ban users.
Terms of service

Last edited by a moderator:
The season before without payware they had a lot less driverss ;)
I dont like payware either, but so far in AC as well as in rF2 there are no decent GT2 or GT3 mods with several diffrent cars. For me one car per class is good enough, but most want to have a full series mod.

How long do you think it'll be before we get a full TUSC/WEC pack for the AM, Fezza, BMW and 911? Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
For those who play in closed (private) communities, these paid mods will not harm the game, since is up to these private communities to establish the criteria about which mods the members must own for a full membership.
For public MP, this situation is opening a pandora box and mostly likely it will dictate the end of AC as a public multiplayer game.

Also for the the sake of argumentation, whether in a racing sim, in a milsim or whatever may be, a modder in first place is a person who perform the activity as a hobby, in second place the reward is the satisfaction of accomplishment with a piece of art about something that he loves. This is what defines a modder.

For those who play in closed (private) communities, these paid mods will not harm the game, since is up to these private communities to establish the criteria about which mods the members must own for a full membership.
For public MP, this situation is opening a pandora box and mostly likely it will dictate the end of AC as a public multiplayer game.

Also for the the sake of argumentation, whether in a racing sim, in a milsim or whatever may be, a modder in first place is a person who perform the activity as a hobby, in second place the reward is the satisfaction of accomplishment with a piece of art about something that he loves. This is what defines a modder.

Thx for putting my thoughts into words :)

Yes but since start of the early access from ac some people want to make out of their moddingactivity a serious business and using all simforums as battlefield to change the players mind.

I must admit, I am surprised at the anger to this mod! I look at it as a piece of DLC, from a third party publisher.

I can only imagine people are worrying about the community getting split, with paid content and stock content. would they be so worried if this was content from Kunos? At this stage, pre release....probably!

When this was released for RF2 it was an established product, and the community welcomed it with open arms! AC is bordering on it but not quite!

I must admit, I am surprised at the anger to this mod! I look at it as a piece of DLC, from a third party publisher.

I can only imagine people are worrying about the community getting split, with paid content and stock content. would they be so worried if this was content from Kunos? At this stage, pre release....probably!

When this was released for RF2 it was an established product, and the community welcomed it with open arms! AC is bordering on it but not quite!

Yes but it was clear that with that announced dlc programm from kunos the communtiy will get splitted in some way. But now, as you said there comes an extra, extra dlc from "modding groups" and so an additional split.
Why they just dont used donate-option? All would be fine.
That has nothing to do with quality or quantity of this mod its just that they want to open a market for themselve and while doing this splitting the community even more apart...cause they only think about their own advantages and plans.
Why didnt Snoopy charged 10bucks from start for the nordschleife? Why? Cause then half of the playerbase would just had left assetto corsa till official ns will be available. And Kunos also said, they are "modders" and they will "support modders" and now urd is making the cr7 for them. But this is all business and not modding anymore.

I also work on a car from scratch, and when its finished it will be fully free downloadable and everyone can change it the way he like it and also can reupload it where he wants if he want to do so. NO regulations just free content for free use. Why? cause i want this car in the game, others want this car in this game and i dont think it will come from kunos some day.
So why i should charge money for that?
Then im not a modder, then im a businessman, looking for things missing and players want and then selling them wanted stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back