Union Island

Tracks Union Island 0.95

Login or Register an account to download this content
About transparent road...
@razvan_00 @scdbmw and the few other messages i got, please use this thread here to post a screenshot of your issue

there's nothing special about the shader as far as i remember
my guess is that you didn't install properly the update 0.81 over the 0.7.
as i dissociated the "road" intoa new file for 0.81, i guess yo kept some old file and didn't replace
so please, delete the whole folder and install it again and let me know.

1646125164785.png

Last edited:
Hello, even with the most updated files downloaded and the latest CSP I'm still having transparent roads. I checked the files and everything is named as it should be (as it's the latest version). Is there anything else I can do differently?

Hello, even with the most updated files downloaded and the latest CSP I'm still having transparent roads. I checked the files and everything is named as it should be (as it's the latest version). Is there anything else I can do differently?
please post a screenshot ?

and try with renaming the "extension" folder inside union folder (this removes all the CSP effects from the track, such as grass, sound, everything)

Last edited:
Did you by chance mess with the csp graphics settings>"multiplier for track lods"? It can cause track geo to disappear up close when bellow default 100%. Another thing to check is if the new dds loader option was enabled, might be problematic too (same for non-default cpu/gpu optimizations you might have enabled). But yeah, a screenshot would help.

Last edited:
Did you by chance mess with the csp graphics settings>"multiplier for track lods"? It can cause track geo to disappear up close when bellow default 100%. Another thing to check is if the new dds loader option was enabled, might be problematic too (same for non-default cpu/gpu optimizations you might have enabled). But yeah, a screenshot would help.
cheers for steping in
there's +10 votes on a reivew saying the road is invisible, so i guess it happened to many people
would love to understand !

Just tried enabling all sorts of stuff and optimizations on csp under latest 0.1.77 and couldn't break the track in that way. Even forcing track lods at 20% would leave road untouched. No idea what could be *sigh*

Hey guys! Thanks for the help. I renamed the folder and unforuntately I'm still having that problem.

My multiplier for track lods also was untouched and I just checked, it's sitting at 100%.

Here is what the game looks like for me. Also, I seem to fall through the map once I load the map up initially? Then a moment or two later the map will load up and it will have the see through roads.

Here are some screenshots! I hope they can help :)

Attachments

• Union.jpg
    Union.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 112
  • union2.jpg
    union2.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 98
Hey guys! Thanks for the help. I renamed the folder and unforuntately I'm still having that problem.

My multiplier for track lods also was untouched and I just checked, it's sitting at 100%.

Here is what the game looks like for me. Also, I seem to fall through the map once I load the map up initially? Then a moment or two later the map will load up and it will have the see through roads.

Here are some screenshots! I hope they can help :)
it does this for every layout ?

if you open for example the file models_freeroam.ini
can you check that you have the following line (in the 50th line about)
[MODEL_10]
FILE=union_road.kn5

it does this for every layout ?

if you open for example the file models_freeroam.ini
can you check that you have the following line (in the 50th line about)
[MODEL_10]
FILE=union_road.kn5
I have the same one as you posted :)

The regular freeroam works great! It seems to only be for the AI traffic version :/

Sorry, I'm new to modding this. It must be a problem on my end! Thanks for making such an amazing mod and I wish you all the best :)
The problem is that you installed an unsupported "hack" on top of a proper mod.

Quite common lately... wonder if people head over to Ford or Volkswagen to complain they have an oil leak after installing a filter they bought at a Yamaha store :whistling:

Looks like we'll have to deal with locals going to the surf spots :thumbsup:
I know it would be complicated if not even impossible without behaviour getting messy, but it would be really awesome if they could be found on the side roads too. I've read about Ilja working on a script driven traffic tho, big hopes about it for that concern (kinda off topic, sorry)

Looks like we'll have to deal with locals going to the surf spots :thumbsup:
I know it would be complicated if not even impossible without behaviour getting messy, but it would be really awesome if they could be found on the side roads too. I've read about Ilja working on a script driven traffic tho, big hopes about it for that concern (kinda off topic, sorry)
you can see in the first screen, the ai layout, which has to be a loop... one at the airport parking, the other at the fire station.

Using the main road, so no side road for now. I wanted to avoid any collision obviously.
And it's already 33km as it is. Quite a pain to record a clean low ass drive.
Now that i have it working and understand the process, i could think of some road loop covering a bit more ground. But without any ai line crossing! Bit of a challenge... I'll see how much time i can spend on this :)

Personally i don't use the AI flood function (but i need to see how it behaves). There's 35 (so far) spawn across the map, and it creates enough random cars for my style.
So in other words, it's compatible without CSP

you can see in the first screen, the ai layout, which has to be a loop... one at the airport parking, the other at the fire station.

Using the main road, so no side road for now. I wanted to avoid any collision obviously.
And it's already 33km as it is. Quite a pain to record a clean low ass drive.
Now that i have it working and understand the process, i could think of some road loop covering a bit more ground. But without any ai line crossing! Bit of a challenge... I'll see how much time i can spend on this :)

Personally i don't use the AI flood function (but i need to see how it behaves). There's 35 (so far) spawn across the map, and it creates enough random cars for my style.
So in other words, it's compatible without CSP
Totally understand and agree with your take on this (and not underestimating the time it can consume. BTW, I wouldnt mind spending some time around driving slow-ish in that kind of landscape, I still have to try that AI line rec but if I found out how to properly use it I would happily do the job, if you come up with a more complex layout requiering too much seat time for your plans ^^

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.