Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP: nord upper pits, same as grass all around the track (in green color) just next to the road, curbs and all kinds of concrete, so later on will be easier to "connect the grass fields together.

motegi4c.jpg

motegi4d.jpg

Last edited:
Take a look, this is not the Fata morgana, but it`s the very last triangle (in red) I was looking for the last 7 months inside the guardrail wall :) :) :)

motegi5a.jpg

So, so happy, sincerely, even less than 2 months ago I was really thinking of giving up on this project, since there was no elevation data of any kind to find. But perseverance always wins, it has been proven one more time. This project is so damn hard, that I cannot even believe it to my self I made it to this far. You saw me posting lots of images during this last few months, but without any distinctive progress, since it takes so much effort to come to this what I/we have now.

Here are some more images of the work done so far:
all the meshes:
motegi5b.jpg

south part:
motegi5c.jpg

nord part:
motegi5d.jpg

whole track(s):
motegi5e.jpg

Last edited:
1st tire wall is in place :)
Now it will go faster, since I will do it differently than before, did 75% of all work before that (regarding tire walls I mean).

motegi5f.jpg

ps: no 3d tires so far, maybe later, to see how will optimization go.

Last edited:
Mitja, don't try to tell me that You making all the buildings from scratch :)
How can you ask me something like that? Shame on you...
I am working hard for 7 months now, and you shoot a question like that?
Maybe this track will never see the day light just because of ppl like you!

Last edited:
How can you ask me something like that? Shame on you...
I am working hard for 7 months now, and you shoot a question like that?
Maybe this track will never see the day light just because of ppl like you!
I think he was asking with a sense of wonder and amazement at such a mammoth task.

Awesome Work!!! Which 3D Soft are you using? You're doing a verry verry hard job and it looks amazing.. I am newbie with modding.. completely.. Thats an awesome work man! I like your grobnik!! Awesome !! Go on go go go go :) Happy to see the progress.... !!! :)

Mitja . . . I sincerely hope that your work on Motegi continues.
Your build looks as though it promises to be awesome and I'm sure that many are looking forward to the day of its release. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Mitja, sorry about my earlier words. Thats happened because its for me hard to believe that someone can do this track from scratch. No offensive thinking from my site. Wish You all the best in Your work and no more stupid comments from me :thumbsup:

Will start on Motegi soon, was busy with some other projects.
--
Meanwhile...
I would like to get some lidar data (point to cloud) in las (laz) format of Motegi circuit and its surrounding, so I can make the 3d terrain, which we all know its quite demaning, and if I want to make it right, I need some, else would be too damn difficult. I am in talking with some guy from Japan atm, but he is also struggling to get any data from Japan`s government. He didn`t mention that`s payable of any kind, not sure why they keep is as top secret.
If anyone can help me here, would be awesome.

ps: thinks are looking good :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering