Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mitja, as your track choice is kind of asian influenced…do you consider doing proper versions of Autopolis or Sportsland Sugo someday? I know that there are versions out there but I’d say we can expect better results if you’d do a scratch-made one.

It's very good news, you have Lidar data for this track.
Could you tell us, how close could you get to the real thing with conventional method? You said, you had to change a lot of things, but I'm very curious how "wrong" would have been your track without the Lidar.

It's very good news, you have Lidar data for this track.
Could you tell us, how close could you get to the real thing with conventional method? You said, you had to change a lot of things, but I'm very curious how "wrong" would have been your track without the Lidar.
You wouldn`t noticed ;) Only in comparison on Z axes you would, my X and Y were almost perfect. The biggest deviation was on the highest point of the track, where it starts to go down, mine started a bit earlier (and so a longer straight downhill) than in reality. But again, hard to noticed.

Last edited:
You wouldn`t noticed ;) Only in comparison on Z axes you would, my X and Y were almost perfect. The biggest deviation was on the highest point of the track, where it starts to go down, mine started a bit earlier (and so a longer straight downhill) than in reality. But again, hard to noticed.

I really hoped to hear that, thanks :thumbsup:
Maybe some LS fetishist read this as well :D

All drivable roads inside walls, sand traps and blue-white curbs in place :)
Now its time to do some test laps.

motegi2.jpg

motegi2a.jpg

Wow! It looks like you'll be including the smaller layouts too, based on all the connectors. That's sweet. It makes Twin Ring Motegi a very versatile place for all levels of power & skill. You're very talented. :)

If this is half as good as your other work we are in for a treat!
It also works in well with a pack I am currently working on JGTC '00
33b38g8.jpg

Can't wait to run the retro GT500's around Motegi :D
Great work!
Probably a better idea to spend your time on the scratch made GT500 supra mod instead of the poorly done forza converts

Probably a better idea to spend your time on the scratch made GT500 supra mod instead of the poorly done forza converts
I am going to do several era’s of the GT500’s and I will use the other one for ‘03 onwards. The other model is significantly better but I thought this suited the bodywork of the ‘00 Supra better. Probably about 60% finished with the cars from 2000 and planning to do around ‘05, ‘09, 13 if people like it and want more Super GT’s....

I am going to do several era’s of the GT500’s and I will use the other one for ‘03 onwards. The other model is significantly better but I thought this suited the bodywork of the ‘00 Supra better. Probably about 60% finished with the cars from 2000 and planning to do around ‘05, ‘09, 13 if people like it and want more Super GT’s....
Wow that's alot of liveries, great job on the 2000 ones they look great. It must have taken some time to get all of those done, I've tried to do some skins but it's always so hard to start and the motivation always goes away

Wow that's alot of liveries, great job on the 2000 ones they look great. It must have taken some time to get all of those done, I've tried to do some skins but it's always so hard to start and the motivation always goes away
I think I have found myself a system that works for me with skinning and of course some templates & liveries are easier than others. It helps if you are doing cars you like as well as that keeps you going. I love the Super GT / JGTC so i’ve been powering through these!!! The finished pack will have the entire grid from 2000 and I cannot wait to get them onto this version of Motegi...

I lack of Motegi data track surrounding or environment where it lays. Its damn tricky location (lots of hills, ups and downs all around), and no any decent data, not even google street view (so I could take a closer look on stuff), makes me very hard to continue.
Does any one have any decent detailed topographic image of the track? Much more detailed than any google`s or similar that can be found on the web.

All I could find was this from Google Maps. If you pick up the "little man" icon, some blue dots appear where photos have been taken. But it's nothing like detailed enough for you.

EDIT: What about the Japan Geographical Institute map? Click on the white circle in the top right-hand-corner for instructions - Google Translate in Chrome is helpful here. There are lots of 3D maps, and there is also a function that will draw a height map if you trace a path along a map. Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies