Tracks Twin Ring Motegi [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, both yes. The hardest is to set the basic elevations, like track it self and sand traps. specially sand traps here at Motegi are so demanding for modeling, they are band on every possible directions. With experiences I got so far, all goes faster, even in 3ds max. Anyway, now when I have these, I can move on to fences and than connect all with a grass. But it will still be not as easy as said.
Try this :D:D
Dont share it though its the best tool for max ever created by man saves me weeks on a build,
long story with this tool, I was doing some investigation on animation scripts, and for some strange reason it lead me here 1hr 40 minutes after it was released totally changed the way I 3D model,

if the edges are the same count 100 edges outside and 100 edges inside fills it like magic, takes some learning to make areas the same but like I say this here is the best script ever made for 3ds max period.
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/border-fill

I missed one at the end only a example but you get the idea works on anything its magic :D
save you a lifetime of work on making tracks be assured, most people seem to use blender for track nice to see a fellow max user.
e075b5e890471e66370df3eb2a671bc9.gif

d4c51314e6b9834548f037d4f9c628f8.gif

Last edited:
Try this also Copitor,
you can use over 10 copy and paste functions take objects and materials direct,
usually I have 2 max open on both screens so like generic track objects and ****,
just go copy 10 objects and go to the next screen and paste takes 2 seconds, really really useful stuff :D
I have a armory of scripts and tools there sensational.
insane for making LOD and crap :)
8460895b2f302bb2cdd06d57366c250d.gif

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/copitor

In case anyone's curious about the Blender version for filling an area, it's a bit stricter (works on rectangles essentially, so eg. a 2 - 9 - 2 - 9 edge rectangle yes, select both 2's, 2 9 2 10 no), just hit spacebar and type "grid fill" to find it.

nice aproach for curb modeling, nice to see other modders method, different from what i do, even my tracks has not much curbs :)
To steal Mitja's thread,

I do them with railclone, as the vast majority of kerbs of modern kerbs are the same. 2.5m negative with a 5m lead-in for exit, 2.5cm, 5 or 10cm positive for apex with a 12cm sausage option

If your track has new kerbs, chances are they are one of those

Great news guys, Twin Ring Motegi will be made with laser scanned LiDAR data :D.
Accuracy of the road it self will be sub 5cm.
Was working hard for the last couple of days (except last night`s party) to get the track out and cleaned it up nicely. Great work indeed. But now I will have to do the curbs ones more, since are not on same spots anymore (and gravel traps too, mostly). But will be worth it.

Last edited:
why disagree guys you don't like the extra functions of the dynamic lights and the option to finally do some proper night racing?

so an extra option to turn on track lights would be very cool

the more options we get the better one with light one without

It's not the 'standard', though. You shouldn't expect track makers to tailor their tracks to accommodate something that you are particularly enthusiastic about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back