TT Isle of Man - The Game

TT Isle of Man the Game new modes.jpg

With sidecars right around the corner in TT Isle of Man: The Game, the developers have revealed some interesting new control modes are also set to make a debut.

With a sidecar comes a passenger, something pretty unique in the world of bike racing, and as such developers Kylotonn Racing Games and Bigben Interactive have decided to add a very interesting new control element to the PC and console versions of TT Isle of Man; The Game - giving players an opportunity to control both ride and passenger once the new, free update arrives in just a few days time...

• Option 1: Player 1 as Rider - AI as Passenger
  • Option 2: Player 1 as both Rider AND Passenger (using both analogue sticks)
  • Option 3: Player 1 as Rider - Player 2 as Passenger (and vice versa)

Yes, with a new type of racing comes some new control options, and furthermore the developers have confirmed all three options will be available in both offline and local co-op modes. Those players wishing to make use of option three online will have wait a little while longer however, with a new tweak to online co-op mode in the works back at TTIoM: The Game HQ, expected to release to the title in the coming weeks.

Oh and did I mention already? It's free!

TT Isle of Man: The Game is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

For more news, more discussion and to interaction with your fellow bike racing fans then head over to our TT Isle of Man - The Game sub forum.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Will the new modes, and sidecars, add a nice new dimension to the TTIoM gameplay in your opinion? Looking forward to the update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yes! I really hoped they would put this in, was so fun playing with friends on the old PS2 games, really glad to see it's here in the new game too!

Last time I refunded this game on steam. I'm using right analog for accelerate and the way they locked controller configuration make it unplayable for me. Not to mention bad physics and several bugs for this game. I think this game way overrated at RD.

Wonder if you can control the bike in the air after this update. I found it super strange when i jumped and the bike was a tad leaning and there is nothing you can do to center it. Oh well, i dont think they will do any of the crucial (for me) changes. Stopped playing it already. Amazing base but got boring thanks to just a few issues.

Disagree with me..I honestly do not care..its amazing how many users are only capable of hitting that "disagree icon" without following it up with an explanation :thumbsdown: :whistling: ..I just ignore that type of user...nothing wrong with a unperson-able debate, disagree fine, but lets have a friendly debate :thumbsup:

I love this game, maybe it is not a "true simulation" but hell its fun fun and more fun .. worth the money alone for the track...which I might add, they have done a superb job with.

Sidecars ..hell yes ..really looking forward to this "FOC" DLC :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is under-rated just like RBR is, they'll iron out the handling issues and glitches eventually, let's give it time. Pius, like it has been said in above, the track itself is worth every penny AND riding a bike virtually without killing yourself is a bonus don't you think? Oh, and for those "it's too hard"; "physics are crap" or "I got a refund" players out there, you didn't think it'd be easy did you? come on, this is the IOM we're talking about, boy's with huge b######s here ;) .....hehe :D ;)

@Jay Topping

So no dynamic physics fix for bike balance, weird drops on slow corners etc? Add side-car, make a go-kart out of 2 wheels & move on. Not a solution. And before Jay does another lap of "it's too hard"; "physics are crap"...I took my ZZR1100 round IOM many times back in the day, bailed years later for my Africa Twin & a sedated pace, clocking many corners from Scotland to Imola, Morocco & back...so don't give me yer 'handling' pish. Bimota BB3 round the Nordschleife...
I don't want to sound overly aggressive here, but 25+ years on bikes, often at speed, the simulation is wrong. Never had a bike do what IOMTT did to me in the game...wet, dry, power spin on a 120mph wet drain cover corner...peg in on a 20....

Last edited:
So no dynamic physics fix for bike balance, weird drops on slow corners etc? Add side-car, make a go-kart out of 2 wheels & move on. Not a solution. And before Jay does another lap of "it's too hard"; "physics are crap"...I took my ZZR1100 round IOM many times back in the day, bailed years later for my Africa Twin & a sedated pace, clocking many corners from Scotland to Imola, Morocco & back...so don't give me yer 'handling' pish.
I don't want to sound overly aggressive here, but 25+ years on bikes, often at speed, the simulation is wrong. Never had a bike do what IOMTT did to me in the game...wet, dry, power spin on a 120mph corner...peg in on a 20....

hehe hey that's an impressive portfolio you have, my helmet off to you. I'm not dissing anybody in that sense, just sometimes people get disillusioned with some of these titles expecting them to be easy play, I'm trying to boost moral here lol a bit of psychological dopamine to get more folk pumped and playing. I understand perfectly well the risk's motorcycles pose in general, I actually lost a right leg down to crazy momo bikes nearly 4 yrs ago now ;)

@Jay Topping ...F*ck, sorry to hear that bro...no words. Adapted bike? That's why I gave up speed. Got into a 'fight' with random idiots in Germany on the autobahn. One never went home. But aye...IOMTT the game...people also need to know they cant bull in a china shop round it, they need to ride gear braking, slow in, fast out....it's just if you know these things in real life, the sim sort of lets itself down. Still fun to ride, just...fix it.

Keep speed on the track.

Last edited:
Like TT isn't dangerous enough on dry, they do it on rain, too ? :confused:
Really ? It should be suspended like oval racing, it's much more dangerous than oval in wet, in my opinion. Without a shred of doubt. Speeding TT with bike is just crazy man. And on the wet... I don't know... it's just insane. Hats down. Knickers too. :D BDMS respect dude. Jay, too.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 177 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 49 18.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.7%
Back