TT Isle of Man - The Game

The biggest difference to me now after *drums* "the Patch" is that now I can save some really nasty situations I'm getting into, before it was like - omg I'm gonna fall I hope it would be a attractive replay. They going in right direction in my opinion.
But hopefully they won't go too soft. This is TT after all. :cool:
A real macho sport for us guys.
And our Migde. :geek:
But she's like one of us, guys, I mean...
I'm like a guy... damage is like a macho... and she's like a girl but...
in a way... we're the same... kinda like a Borg with racing dna, I mean...
oh I better shut up now... :x3: I just digging myself deeper and deeper. :D

The biggest difference to me now after *drums* "the Patch" is that now I can save some really nasty situations I'm getting into, before it was like - omg I'm gonna fall I hope it would be a attractive replay. They going in right direction in my opinion.
But hopefully they won't go too soft. This is TT after all. :cool:
A real macho sport for us guys.
And our Migde. :geek:
But she's like one of us, guys, I mean...
I'm like a guy... damage is like a macho... and she's like a girl but...
in a way... we're the same... kinda like a Borg with racing dna, I mean...
oh I better shut up now... :x3: I just digging myself deeper and deeper. :D

We're all racers. :)

although some fall off a bit more! ;)

Good to hear Peter! I'm heading in the opposite direction I'm afraid, still loving the game for letting me sample the TT....but really struggling with the physics, just cannot get on with them and it does at times spoil my enjoyment and I have to take a deep breath, stifle the swearing and have a break. I even managed to crash (yes a weird rear end one again) when I wasn't even actually doing any pad inputs, just in a straight line....all I can think of it's a bump, but dayam that's harsh IMO, are the bumps that bad you can just lose the rear in a straight line in reality?

Good to hear Peter! I'm heading in the opposite direction I'm afraid, still loving the game for letting me sample the TT....but really struggling with the physics, just cannot get on with them and it does at times spoil my enjoyment and I have to take a deep breath, stifle the swearing and have a break. I even managed to crash (yes a weird rear end one again) when I wasn't even actually doing any pad inputs, just in a straight line....all I can think of it's a bump, but dayam that's harsh IMO, are the bumps that bad you can just lose the rear in a straight line in reality?

With the weird rear end slides I’ve found that it’s small stoppies that cause them. Try shifting your weight to the back of the bike under braking. That’s stopped 95% of them for me.

The most frustrating thing I’ve found is the lack of feedback from the bike/controller when the rear end is sliding through a corner. Usually by the time I realise it’s happening it’s already too late.

top piccies Andy.....so you get a proper replay after a race for pix?
Yes. But it's not like you can freeze the picture and move about like you can in Milestones wonderful replays. I did a 6 lap senior TT the other day and got a full replay of it. Have you not done a full session yet? You also get replays after section challenges etc. The camera changes on it's own as per Kylotonn's usual crappy settings but overall it's not that bad.

Had almost a week away from the game preparing for some car league racing but got myself fully back into it yesterday and had my longest spell in the saddle with a good 2 and a ½ hours in the morning and another 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I had resolved to remove the racing line and attempt manual gears last week and yesterday was the big test for that. Had a look at the shorter courses for some testing and took to the track around Castle Rock in both TT and actual racing. Had a lot of fun against the AI although some of the contact was a bit odd but didn’t take away from my enjoyment. I adjusted the pad setup to have B as shift-up and A as shift-down which seemed more natural and sensible than the default of Y for shift up which kept leaving me inadvertently pressing B on the way down to A.

After a good long spell in Scotland and gradually getting to grips with the gear shifts I decided it was time to give the big boys course a test. I was fully expecting frustration and heartache for some time there but what do you know I was actually not too bad considering the big leap manual gears and no racing line was for me. Of course I am mega slow and my first lap was around 2 minutes slower than my assisted time but I got in two more laps with one a minute quicker than the first and the next 40 seconds faster so I am currently just 16 seconds slower than my assisted time. It’s still more like a Sunday afternoon ride compared to you guys but I am pretty stoked to have made the leap so soon and not be sitting there pulling my hair out in frustration lol.

The loss of racing line which I have never used in a racing title before but did so here due to the nature of this course as I felt I needed the extra crutch for this game with the added burden of getting used to using a pad as well was less of a problem for me than I thought it would be. In fact I would say within a few minutes I had completely forgotten I didn't have it on and large sections of the layout are now embedded in my head. Of course it still gives me little surprises on every lap where something comes up before I realised but I certainly don;t feel the need for the line any longer and using my own braking points and lines is actually far better anyway. I have noticed many places where the line would indicate I should slow where I don't need to now.

The gear changing has brought a massively improved dimension to the game and actually makes it easier in some respects because of the extra level of control it gives you that you lose by allowing the game to make the gear selections for you. I chose what gear I want to take a corner in and if I get a bit nervy around the track at any point a quick drop to a lower gear allows me to settle the bike and still keep some momentum which was not possible in auto. The biggest thing I am still learning is how strong the engine braking effect is when going down the gears and knowing how much 'actual' brake to apply now. I am finding that difficult to gauge especially at the slower corners and find myself often approaching them way too slowly and either having to speed up again or just tootle around the corner lol. But the process of changing gears on a pad was not as arduous as I expected and although I still make little mistakes which leave me in the wrong gear now and then, especially when I do something a little wrong and get into a finger flap it is much smoother transition than I dared imagine and I think already it has become a more natural and muscle memory kind of thing. So if anyone else is like I was and feel sthe manula gears are too much of a step I suggest giving it a go.. but give it a good go for several hours to allow yourself time to properly adjust. The effort involved is well worth it :)

I started virtual racing back in the 90’s on PC and having gone from the likes of Indianapolis 500 the Simulation, Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix series, all the Papyrus Indycar, Nascar and Dirt Track sims and including the best of them all.. Grand Prix Legends before migrating for financial reasons to the console back in 2010 on F1 2010-2017, Race Pro, Project Cars (1 and 2), Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa.. everything racing to be honest. But when it comes to thrill, absolute challenge and satisfaction value TTIOM is right up there at the very top of the tree. It’s the first bike game that I have really invested time in as I have always been put off by the requirement to use a pad, which I have never been able to manage before and the belief that I just could not adapt to it and move on to no assists which is always the way I have raced. But this game has changed all that and opened my eyes to something very, very special. Watching the videos of everyone’s attempts on release and hearing the comments of guys on here and in another forum I use persuaded me that this one was worth the investment and oh boy how right that was!! Without question it brings a real rush of excitement and is the first game that I have had that is kind of scary in the sense of speed it portrays. Going flat out through those trees is exhilarating and just has me now and then slightly easing back off the throttle or dropping down a gear to give me back a bit of a sense of control because it really does feel uncontrollable at times.. but in a good way. I can’t recall another game giving me that feeling.

Anyway, i’ve rambled on enough and maybe seem a little over the top in my viewpoint but the game has grabbed me by the danglies and dragged me somewhere that I never expected so just thought I would pop on here and give that feedback.

Happy riding everyone :thumbsup:

As things stand I am currently on low assists for everything except anti-wheelie which is on medium (but son to reduce that as well), no racing line, manual gears and combined brakes.

Nice one mate. Agree about the racing line: I switched it off the other day and honestly it was more of a hinderance than a help once you’ve learned the track. I had to relearn a braking point at the Creg but that’s it. Manual gears are fine too. Once you know the track you know what gear you’re in for every corner so it actually makes it easier in a way, particularly on the supersports where carrying the correct speed through the corners is so important.

@ChickenBoy18 watching the replay of the guy who is currently 2nd place in that screeny helped me the most.
i found so many corners he took with more speed , higher gear or earlier shifting... and tried to combine with my driving style...brake points were pretty much the same, but he was way more confident attacking the "be brave" corners.

it's just meant to be motivation ... too bad i got kicked back to 6th place by someone else already... could watch the replay at least a few times before ... it looked like a grandpa driving on a sunday.
also tried recording with OBS... but my pc is already at the limit with the game (GTX 670 2gb) so it was pure lagfest and frameloss.

Thanks man I’ll give that a try. Yeah the big boy corners are where I’m losing time I think. Ballascary is fine now but I know I’m losing time at the Cronk, Joey’s, the left hander after McGuinness’ but before Ballegarrow, and generally over the mountain where I’m too gingerly shaving speed into some of the left handers.

With the weird rear end slides I’ve found that it’s small stoppies that cause them. Try shifting your weight to the back of the bike under braking. That’s stopped 95% of them for me.

Totally agree on weight shifting. Contrary to some people's suspicions, weight shifting does work, it's just there's no animation for it. Shift weight to the rear under braking, and you'll find that not only will your rear wheel stop kicking out, you'll also start to understeer. I've overdone it at times and ploughed into the wall because I've had so much understeer I couldn't turn into the corner.

So yeah, give it a try. :thumbsup:

The most frustrating thing I’ve found is the lack of feedback from the bike/controller when the rear end is sliding through a corner. Usually by the time I realise it’s happening it’s already too late.

Totally agree on weight shifting. Contrary to some people's suspicions, weight shifting does work, it's just there's no animation for it. Shift weight to the rear under braking, and you'll find that not only will your rear wheel stop kicking out, you'll also start to understeer. I've overdone it at times and ploughed into the wall because I've had so much understeer I couldn't turn into the corner.

So yeah, give it a try. :thumbsup:

Ah then I'm stuffed, converting what I'd do in reality instinctively to an arbitrary thumbstick movement...that's just too much for my brain to cope with.

Yes. But it's not like you can freeze the picture and move about like you can in Milestones wonderful replays. I did a 6 lap senior TT the other day and got a full replay of it. Have you not done a full session yet? You also get replays after section challenges etc. The camera changes on it's own as per Kylotonn's usual crappy settings but overall it's not that bad.

No racing yet (apart from an initial foray into the career to check it out), just trying to learn the course whilst cussing the handling. :(

Another thing I've noticed with my personal handling woes, is that the rear just keeps on sliding and sliding and sliding, I think that's why I've never had a high side (has anyone had a high side in the game?). Had a weird crash which seemed to go on forever but looked like a car tank slapper where the rear end went, I countersteered and it went the other way, so I countersteered that slide (all the while off any brake and throttle input) and speared into the hedge. I've NEVER seen any bikes crash like that (nothing like a real bike tank slapper where it violently shakes until the rider either goes down or saves it (somehow!)).

I just think the rear is WAY WAY WAY too stiff, coupled with no auto weight shift forward and back (like in MS games), no ability to change the setup of the bike and no auto countersteering (again like in MS games) makes it impossible for me to fully enjoy the game.

It's still an awesome game just for the TT course, but could be so much better and I'm praying it gets there.

GAME VERSION: PC
CONTROLLER: G27 including Pedals
ASSISTS: ABS brakes & Combined braking
VIEW: Cockpit
CLASS: Superbike
BIKE: Suter 500
TIME: 17:45
CRASHES: 0
SESSION : Time Attack / Morning.

Video: full lap
I am struggling with an Xbox controller so thinking my G27 including Pedals might be the way to go but how are you shifting body weight? I use left stick to shift back and forth but maybe using my wheel might be better option and forget moving body weight.

I am struggling with an Xbox controller so thinking my G27 including Pedals might be the way to go but how are you shifting body weight? I use left stick to shift back and forth but maybe using my wheel might be better option and forget moving body weight.

i recommend using your wheel. i find my wheel easier to control then my xb1 controller. i had a very hard time at first not using weight forward and back with the wheel, but using x360ce, i was able to assign left stick forward, and left stick back to 2 buttons on my wheel. the 2 buttons are on my upper right side, pretty much where my right thumb is. so i hold one button for lean forward and one for lean back. and since my wheel's degrees of rotation is set to 100, i keep my hands in one place the whole time(opposed to hand over hand with higher degrees of rotation). since i have got used to it, i noticed the bikes are very stable now.

also, i have my ingame steering sensitivity set to 100%. i think it made a huge difference in how fast the bike hikes over from side to side. i could never do 100% with a controller, but can manage it with my wheel. try it out, man. you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
I don't use body weight shifting at the moment--but will try it :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back