TT Isle of Man - The Game

Oh and another frustration I found with the Xbox (and I assume its the same with the PS4) is that the rider movement is locked to the left stick so steering and rider movement are both on there which for me is a no-no. Trying to keep the rider tucked while steering just is too much for my left thumb :redface::O_o: I wanted to move the rider positioning to the right stick but oh no sir.. that's not allowed :mad:

Last edited:
Oh and another frustration I found with the Xbox (and I assume its the same with the PS4) is that the rider movement is locked to the left stick so steering and rider movement are booth on there which for Mme is a no-no. Trying to keep the rider tucked while steering just is too much for my left thumb :redface::O_o: I wanted to move the rider positioning to the right bstick but out no sir.. that's not allowed :mad:
I don't even bother moving the rider, he tucks in automatically. I use right trigger for throttle, left trigger for combined brakes. B for gear up, A for gear down. Left Shoulder button for rear view. Left stick for turning/leaning the bike. That's it. My riding is pretty darned smooth with this setup. Try it mate.

I don't even bother moving the rider, he tucks in automatically. I use right trigger for throttle, left trigger for combined brakes. B for gear up, A for gear down. Left Shoulder button for rear view. Left stick for turning/leaning the bike. That's it. My riding is pretty darned smooth with this setup. Try it mate.
That's exactly what I have too but haven't yet progressed to manual gears. Just was wanting to try it because a guy on another forum (your ol' buddy Moody @girlracerTracey ) who's damn quick said the rider movement would maybe help me.

I am using the same except experimenting with auto gear change as I am thinking the rear comes around because I am changing down to soon causing lock up. Done it for real on too many occasions and normally you can catch it as tyre skids. Also, using more sensitive brakes at 60 and steering at 40 seems to suit me. Although, on non TT tracks 60 is too sharp.
Riding my old cbr1000 I sometimes use to think to myself gawd this is like a videogame - now realize it was when I was giving it some welly!

I am using the same except experimenting with auto gear change as I am thinking the rear comes around because I am changing down to soon causing lock up. Done it for real on too many occasions and normally you can catch it as tyre skids. Also, using more sensitive brakes at 60 and steering at 40 seems to suit me. Although, on non TT tracks 60 is too sharp.
Riding my old cbr1000 I sometimes use to think to myself gawd this is like a videogame - now realize it was when I was giving it some welly!
Hey guys can you stop mentioning this controller adjustment you can play with as its really annoying for us console riders :whistling: lol just kidding of course :thumbsup:

Been experimenting a bit more with cockpit view and as a Kawasaki nut I'm really peeved that the screens on the ZX6Rs are SO bad. :/ WAY bigger than the other bikes and to rub the salt in far more opaque to boot. Still I went back to the old Trooper Triumph and had a blast. I noticed less of the rear grip loss. I wonder if it's a 3rd person issue or just me going slower (prolly the latter methinks). I also got rid of Vsync which I reckon helped a bit. Getting rid of vsync let me up the graphics to high and I still get over 100+fps so I'll try max next. Still getting stutters but I think that's the track loading in from the hdd.

I think you are right ref the gears. That's why I went to manual gears as the game changed down too quick using auto gears causing the back to lock. I tend to nick it down a couple from sixth and let the engine braking slow me down for some longer corners and I feel it works better.
And yes, I too used to think riding my bikes was like a video game especially down fast country lanes with trees all around. The run into Ramsey is very green with tree cover as you know from this game and it is like that in reality.

I remember in the early 90's ragging an FZR600 at crazy speed down the same road(there was no speed limit on that part then) and scaring myself silly. Good old days them was.
I will state this on record here, I think this game simulates riding a race bike at the TT circuit as good as present technology will allow. It is the most engaging simulator I have ever owned, car or bike. It is stupendously good and everything I wanted. Of course I would prefer more sim features like better replays, the ability to watch other riders, choice of camera, helmet cams like Milestones and maybe, just maybe slightly less forgiving physics. But to be honest, if this was the last ever game about the TT I'd still be happy.

Here is a vid I just did, 1st two sections. (My favourite bits actually) I really don't know how to upload vids to YT in anything other than low rez. But it will do.

Last edited:
Another fun little session and another 2 seconds cut off my sector 1 fork view time so now at 1:32.362 which is 6 seconds improvement from lunchtime . Pretty pleased with that but really struggle to see how I can do much more than get below 1:30. Those sub 1:20 times are fantasy land for my pad abilities.

I tried to adjust how I hold the pad to allow me to use thumb and forefinger for steering which allows much more precise control than just my flicking at the stick with my thumb but it just makes braking too difficult. The thumb only method just doesn't give me the control I need through the corners and too often leads to multiple attempts to get into and through the corner.

Another fun little session and another 2 seconds cut off my sector 1 fork view time so now at 1:32.362 which is 6 seconds improvement from lunchtime . Pretty pleased with that but really struggle to see how I can do much more than get below 1:30. Those sub 1:20 times are fantasy land for my pad abilities.

I tried to adjust how I hold the pad to allow me to use thumb and forefinger for steering which allows much more precise control than just my flicking at the stick with my thumb but it just makes braking too difficult. The thumb only method just doesn't give me the control I need through the corners and too often leads to multiple attempts to get into and through the corner.

I really can't understand why the console versions don't allow steering sensitivity adjustments, it made a massive difference for me and would help you loads too I reckon. I must admit it's the lack of "adjustabilty" and customisations that put me off consoles compared to PCs (especially since my current PC can handle most of what this gen can do). Why do devs do that?

edit, I'm certain now that it's auto gear downshifts mid corner leant over that causes the rear end issues. Especially as Andy doesn't get it and is manual gears. I've just cracked the 19 min barrier on a Supersport (two rear end crashes) and I reckon 50% of the track is in my head to reasonable degree (where to push, where to go carefull)...time to go back to Manual gears and see what happens. Then on board after that.

Last edited:
My version has split times at certain points. But in real life the rider would only know from pit boards once per lap or some mate or family member with a chalkboard at certain points on the track. There is no radio coms in this sport mate. This is real road racing.:rolleyes:
I wish it had split times as on my version on Xbox I have not seen any so far but then I've only scratched the surface of the game in Time Attack mode so maybe they come in the other modes. I get that it may not be truly representative of the event but it would be something I would certainly welcome :thumbsup:

I set a personal best time of 19:37.726 last night on Daniel Hegarty's (RIP) CBR600RR Supersport. No falls. One thing that helped me was to downshift one gear less and exit non-hairpin and non 90-degree corners one gear higher than I thought was proper.

That helped prevent quick traction loss from the rear end on corner entry and reduced wheelspin and smoothed handling on corner exit.

Plus I learned there are so many spots on the Mountain circuit where the riding line says to brake or slow and you can keep the throttle pinned if your line is correct. I also breathed the throttle or down-shifted just one gear a few places where I was braking before and made it through unscathed.

Speed on the Mountain course is all about carrying momentum because it's so fast and flowing. You can't treat it like a stop-start circuit filled with long straights and hairpins like the rubbish Tilkedromes that have infected and ruined the racing in F1.

Man, what a fun game. What a challenge. LOVE it!

I set a personal best time of 19:37.726 last night on Daniel Hegarty's (RIP) CBR600RR Supersport. No falls.
Man, what a fun game. What a challenge. LOVE it!
Nice one. Now you need to turn off visual aids and try for a similar time. Do you ride cockpit or 3rd person?:thumbsup:

As people are posting lap times in various threads I though it would be useful to create a thread dealing solely with our lap times of a single lap, include details like class, bike, lap time and how many times you crashed or not. Maybe include a little tale of your lap.

Not that I don't believe anyone but a screenshot would be handy if not a description will do.

Hopefully this will be a thread that you can use to gauge your progress learning this great game and track (probably the best implemented track in sim racing).

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING ON (P.C, XBOX ONE ETC). ASSISTS USED OR NOT AND THE VIEW YOU RODE IN.

Not that it matters much but just out of interest.

GAME VERSION:
CONTROLLER:
ASSISTS:
VIEW:
CLASS:
BIKE:
TIME:
CRASHES:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes