CONTROLLER: XBOX ONE CONTROLLER
ASSISTS: NONE
VIEW: ONBOARD
CLASS: SUPERSPORT
BIKE: CBR600RR (JOHN McGUINNESS)
TIME: 18'54"771
CRASHES: 5

Last edited:
maybe our Consoleros are interested in the PC player times ...

20180404134818_1zgsst.jpg

16:52 with 3 times kissing the tarmac ... disabling anything in the hud helped a lot to concentrate and learn :)

GAME VERSION: PC
CONTROLLER: XBOX ONE :(
ASSISTS: ABS
VIEW: Onboard
CLASS: Supersport
BIKE: CBR 600 (Daniel Hegarty)
TIME: 16:52:292
CRASHES: 3

Last edited:
Any of us could posts a good lap time but what way are you playing the games? That has to have an effect.
For instance, in 3rd person view with the race lines on I can get into the 17 odd minutes with ease, but try doing it in cockpit view with no corner markers and no race line with no braking markers and it's different kettle of fish.
The guys posting fast times could be using all these things for all we know and I think they do unless they can prove otherwise.

Great idea for a thread!

GAME VERSION: Xbox One
CONTROLLER: Xbox One controller
ASSISTS: Low on all except medium wheelie control. Racing line on, combined gears on, manual gears.
VIEW: Helmet
BIKE: Honda CBR600RR (Daniel Hegarty)
TIME: 19:37.726
CRASHES: 0

A bit wobbly in a few corner sequences, but that was more than overcome by keeping it pinned on far more sections than ever. I used engine braking or a slight lift far more than any touch of the left trigger. I also left the bike in one higher gear than before on exit of many non-hairpin or 90-degree corners, which created less wheelspin and more control.

That run beat my previous best of 19:59 on Anstey's Honda Supersport.

Last edited:
Amended OP with a bit more structure.
You missed one Paul.
Proof.
;):whistling::D

OK I will play:
Full TT circuit Noon
Full TT with AI riders
Cockpit (helmet)
Manual gearing

Supersport 600
No assists
No Visual Aids on screen.
Thrustmaster GPX controller

I did it in 15 mins 57 secs.
:whistling:;)

Only kiddin with ya all. Carry on.:thumbsup: But I will take all the times on the leaderboards with a pinch of fairy salt.

Last edited:
Any of us could posts a good lap time but what way are you playing the games?
what does it matter? all these options are open to you as well, so if you can go faster using these options do it and prove it, i'm not calling you out, i'm just saying IF you can go faster using these methods than they can, then prove it, it's like the sim racers that say, yeah he's fast but he's using TC, ABS etc, lets see how he does in the wet at night with no headlights or assists just like I do, even if the car in real life has such things.

Any of us could posts a good lap time but what way are you playing the games? That has to have an effect.
For instance, in 3rd person view with the race lines on I can get into the 17 odd minutes with ease, but try doing it in cockpit view with no corner markers and no race line with no braking markers and it's different kettle of fish.
The guys posting fast times could be using all these things for all we know and I think they do unless they can prove otherwise.

feel free to gift me a new GPU and CPU and you can get all the live footage you want ...

There is no intention to make it a competition as such, just seen a lot of posts in various threads with times and tales of the laps. This is purely to make it easier to gauge your progression.

I could not care less about what assists or anything else for that matter. Just purely for the sake of interest and hopefully a bit of fun.

I definitely think ALL sims not just this one should put any time with racing line on at the back of those with it off, that really does give a humongous advantage IMO and should only be a learning tool. Anyhoo mini rant over here's mine:

CONTROLLER: XB360wired
ASSISTS:a LOT (LOL), erm without checking I have wheelie assist on med, ABS on low, traction control on medium, track map and corner markers (not that I spend that much time looking at them). Auto gears.
VIEW: 3rd person (yeah I'm one of them for now)
BIKE: CBR600
TIME: 18'56"678
CRASHES: a couple of the weird rear end slides on downshifts.

I really want one of Double Dragons handlebar controllers..........c'mon lottery win!

20180404105318_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

There is no intention to make it a competition as such, just seen a lot of posts in various threads with times and tales of the laps. This is purely to make it easier to gauge your progression.

I could not care less about what assists or anything else for that matter. Just purely for the sake of interest and hopefully a bit of fun.
Yeah, I agree. Just a bit of fun.:thumbsup:
It is a pity there wasn't an online element where we could set up a server, fix it so that we all use the same settings and have us a mini TT. Competing on a level playing field. That would be good.:thumbsup:

lol still 10th place because so many people got faster...
825DD8C18877D95F16492E9C4C437260A4B91DA4

well the guy on 1st place with his sub 16mins time says he lives on the IOM ... so at least he did not have to learn the track, just the handling^^

small update...
CONTROLLER: XBOX ONE :( (35% steering sense if anyone cares)
TIME: 16:41:185
CRASHES: 1 -> in that stupid tight hairpin before the final straight.

btw. to make the game fair ... 3rd person view and fork-view should also get bugspalts and stuff on their screen :D

lol still 10th place because so many people got faster...
825DD8C18877D95F16492E9C4C437260A4B91DA4

well the guy on 1st place with his sub 16mins time says he lives on the IOM ... so at least he did not have to learn the track, just the handling^^

small update...
CONTROLLER: XBOX ONE :( (35% steering sense if anyone cares)
TIME: 16:41:185
CRASHES: 1 -> in that stupid tight hairpin before the final straight.

btw. to make the game fair ... 3rd person view and fork-view should also get bugspalts and stuff on their screen :D
Great time that, I hate that hairpin too, it's just so out of character from the rest of the course, never got it right yet! I also had a bugsplat on one of my runs that was right were I was looking at the apex of right hand corners. Love the fact it is in the game though.

When I ride helmet view and do my best time and then do the same in 3rd person view I can knock at least 3 minutes off. The game seems (is) slower in 3rd person view. It is very very much easier in 3rd person view.
Helmet view has to put up with like you say bug splats, sun reflections and in general is hard to see through in darker tree lined areas. There is no doubt that these fast guys are using raceline guide, corner markers and 3rd person view in my opinion but that is up to them. Kylotonn should make separate leader boards to make it a level playing field in my opinion.

For a game and a discipline that is mainly about time, it is a bit of a oversight that there is not a better integrated leaderboard system. You could do all sorts, sort by view, sort by assists etc etc. Can't imagine it would be that hard to implement.

:whistling:

Last edited:
I thought TT stood for Tourist Trophy :thumbsdown:
It would be good if they did it like R3E, where all info about assists and such is listed in the leaderboards.
Btw, I'm down to mid 20 with no assist except combined brakes and 1st person view... just gotta stop visiting the Raven :whistling:
Btw, I would recommend riders to turn off racing line and cornermarkers and the map, at least for me it's faster to learn the track that way, so you pay attention to brakingpoints and such and just dont stare at the hud. It works for me at least and perhaps someone else to :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It would be good if they did it like R3E, where all info about assists and such is listed in the leaderboards.
Btw, I'm down to mid 20 with no assist except combined brakes and 1st person view... just gotta stop visiting the Raven :whistling:
:whistling::redface: quick edit. I knew that, it sounded a good sarcastic comment in my head. Jokes on me.

giphy.gif

Btw, I would recommend riders to turn off racing line and cornermarkers and the map, at least for me it's faster to learn the track that way, so you pay attention to brakingpoints and such and just dont stare at the hud. It works for me at least and perhaps someone else to :thumbsup:
I have crashed a few times looking at the minimap.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.