AC Try out vintage cars championship@Bremgarten, Tuesday 28th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still don't know if I can make this event on tuesday since I already signed up for Wednesday's Multiclass, BUT . . . I tried all cars yesterday and it's a really interesting mix of challenges due to the different behaviour of the cars. And in Bremgarten, well, it has all the potential to become either a wreckfest or a classic! Can someone share the replay after the race? :D

If anyone is going to try this kind of event for the first time I'd recommend the Skoda, being the most stable. Even with the lack of top speed drawback it can help you survive the treacherous corners of this road course much better than the other cars... ;)

Still don't know if I can make this event on tuesday since I already signed up for Wednesday's Multiclass, BUT . . . I tried all cars yesterday and it's a really interesting mix of challenges due to the different behaviour of the cars. And in Bremgarten, well, it has all the potential to become either a wreckfest or a classic! Can someone share the replay after the race? :D

If anyone is going to try this kind of event for the first time I'd recommend the Skoda, being the most stable. Even with the lack of top speed drawback it can help you survive the treacherous corners of this road course much better than the other cars... ;)
Raul, did you try my tip for the Mini? TIP: With my limited driving skills I couldn't handle the Mini. Changing the Dif Power to 20, Dif coast to 45 and dif preload to 35 helped a lot.

Han,

if you don´t want me to practise on the trainingsserver just say so :unsure:

But please don´t do this passiv aggressive checksum thing :cry:

MFG Carsten
Hi Carsten,

You probably don't have the correct versions of the mods. You need them all, even the cars that you don't drive. The correct versions can be found in the MODS tab on the S.GP event.

BTW: I really enjoy your humorous posts on this forum :thumbsup: .
Germans are often not considered funny as this booklet about 1,000 years of German humor proves.
1632485692959.png

Last edited:
Hey Han. I will join, I couldn't do the Fat Alfie event so need to learn the track. For me it has to be the mini, brings back memories. I have always disliked the new ones a mini that is the size of a small range rover just doesn't seem right. Closest road car to a go kart I ever drove.

I'll give it a go. I never race online, but am happy to try if it'll help out with testing the car selection :unsure:

With the Porsche, please. I don't really know how S.Gp works, but it seems I need some kind of password to get in? (this it when it maks no sense to be a sim racer who doesn't race :redface: )
Love to have the master himself onboard! :thumbsup: :)

This time I've added you with the Porsche, David! But you have to promise not to use your secret short cuts. That would ruin my data! :p :D :whistling:

Last edited:
Hi Han, think i will try to hold onto the Skoda around this excellent track. These commie cars were sold here in the 70s in the UK and were the butt of many jokes like why do Skoda's have heated rear windows? To keep your hands warm when you push it! Anyway i will sign up on the site now.

I thought the Skoda was definitely faster than the mini here, but the Alien time I saw was a bit of a shock, thinking now that the Skoda may very well be the car to beat here?
Which ever way it goes Tuesday will be a very interesting couple of hours.
:)

Hi Han, think i will try to hold onto the Skoda around this excellent track. These commie cars were sold here in the 70s in the UK and were the butt of many jokes like why do Skoda's have heated rear windows? To keep your hands warm when you push it! Anyway i will sign up on the site now.
What do you call a Skoda with a sun roof?
A skip.

Skoda is lacking power especially on the uphill drag plus the gearing does not help. But i think it may be faster through the bends to compensate. I'm going to give it a try.

What do you call a Skoda with a sun roof?
A skip.
:D :D :D Ha ha, yes, there were lots of Skoda jokes around in the 70’s but they were actually not bad cars, a bit basic compared with the British cars of the time, but the Skoda was easy to work on, reliable and very successful in rally’s. The importer was here in East Anglia and boat loads of them were shipped in from Czechoslovakia along with CZ motorcycles. Now the Lada from Russia was a different story............ loads of faults and reliability issues. At the garage where I worked as an apprentice, a lady came in and said to the owner, “ have you got a wiper blade for a Lada?” He looked at me and said “ sounds like a fair swop to me!”:D:D The old jokes are the best!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back