AC Try out multiclass vintage cars #3 Deutschlandring, Tuesday 16th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That didn´t go to plan, but was a very good reason against rage quitting.:cool:

After qualifiing 11th within a 1/10 of my personal best I sat in the grid and played with my stick ( the six speed one!!),
bam, I lost controls, no gas, no brake no shifter.:mad:

So I had to bug out and rejoin, so I had to reel in 54sec. :sick:

Well, in the last three laps the "friends" in front of me started killing themselfs off and handed me my position back.
Last lap was intense, but I got it home.:cool:

Great fun, Han, please keep on the good work.

Carsten

Good lord that was fun, my hands are absolutely dead. What a combo @HF2000! Was sitting here at 6:40pm deciding whether I'd do it or not since I hadn't had time to test any cars, and decided to just choose whatever car @Denis Betty chose since it was bound to be good fun. That was a very good decision! That Griffith is absolutely wild, so much fun.

Congrats to @Kek700 on the win, repping for the minis!

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211116-f1L

VR onboard:

That didn´t go to plan, but was a very good reason against rage quitting.:cool:

After qualifiing 11th within a 1/10 of my personal best I sat in the grid and played with my stick ( the six speed one!!),
bam, I lost controls, no gas, no brake no shifter.:mad:

So I had to bug out and rejoin, so I had to reel in 54sec. :sick:

Well, in the last three laps the "friends" in front of me started killing themselfs off and handed me my position back.
Last lap was intense, but I got it home.:cool:

Great fun, Han, please keep on the good work.

Carsten
I actually slowed to wait for you and Jones after you guys crashed or what happened cause Jones crashed then you were also gone! :p
Jones was faster than me in qualy but he was having some grip issue during the race at some point otherwise we were quite on par during the race so we had some great door-to-door action with him.
Fighting with you both made it all worthwhile :).

Wished all the field had the Skodas so we can have more fights to pick from.
I actually raced with ballast by mistake as I put a full tank. :cry:

RD, more vintage races, please! :inlove:

Last edited:
That was flippin brilliant. The TVR is my very favourite car in AC.
So thank you Han for organising and for hosting.
Eric and Axel where were you guys? This was super fun.
I do hope you guys will join us next time. :)
Thanks to Han, RD ands.gp and thanks to everybody who raced with us this evening.
Hope to see lots of you folks for more historic racing very soon. :thumbsup:

I actually slowed to wait for you and Jones after you guys crashed or what happened cause Jones crashed then you were also gone! :p
Jones was faster than me in qualy but he was having some grip issue during the race at some point otherwise we were quite on par during the race so we had some great door-to-door action with him.
Fighting with you both made it all worthwhile :).

Wished all the field had the Skodas so we can have more fights to pick from.
I actually raced with ballast by mistake as I put a full tank. :cry:

RD, more vintage races, please! :inlove:
Yep, went a bit wide and head butted a straw bale :(

Great close racing with you and Thomas too. The replays look great into the first corner.

The Skoda is a lot of fun. Much easier to drive than the Porsche :)

The mini.
I can buzz away for lap after lap in this we beastly. But when in a group of cars any hesitation and it’s gone.
Needs a 100% concentration when I try and get a 100% from it lap after lap, sounds easy but there are no let ups , only on the straights, thats when I give a sigh of relief.:O_o:
Seems to have an advantage earlier in the acceleration phase, up hill especially, the Skoda is faster in a safer way, but if I really push it then it’s lap times shows, and the only place I am under threat is close quarters and after my top speed is reached.
Tyre were going near the end , probably after 8 or 9 laps time did become more difficult, but as it is always scrabbling for grip, that is no surprise.

But for me it is still more predictable than the TCR knockout heats, it would have been nice to have got a drive.
541391A8-9947-4830-9A2A-681A13B1166D.jpeg:mad::mad::mad:

I really sort of enjoyed that, makes tomorrow’s Mazda seem easy.

Great event Han, hope my appraisal of the mini is of some use.
Well done podiums, but listening to the chat tonight neither the TVR or GTO were a walk in the park.

Last edited:
Very nice of you, but I´m afraid this is case of mistaken livery :confused:.

As said above I sat at the lights in a dead car so I teleported out of the way.
After rejoining I started from the pits and went after field.
Your scrapping gave me the opportunity to reel you in and then pick up the pieces of your battles.

It was quite intense, I was "not cold" afterwards. :whistling:

See you tomorrow at Lausitz Moto Cross track?

MFG Carsten

That was flippin brilliant. The TVR is my very favourite car in AC.
So thank you Han for organising and for hosting.
Eric and Axel where were you guys? This was super fun.
I do hope you guys will join us next time. :)
Thanks to Han, RD ands.gp and thanks to everybody who raced with us this evening.
Hope to see lots of you folks for more historic racing very soon. :thumbsup:
I couldn’t agree more Denis, even though I was at the back and this was my first time in the ‘beast from Blackpool’ it is such a fun car to drive when it isn’t trying to kill you! :D . I think it is now my favourite car and that engine noise when you open the taps........brilliant.

Whether it was the cold tyres/ heavy fuel load/ lack of talent (or more likely all three), I had two spins on the opening lap. The first one had me facing the wrong way with the Skoda’s and Mini hurtling towards me so I waited until they had gone by before I set off again. Then another spin at the bridge before the climb up the mountain saw me even further back. But onwards and upwards and a couple of laps later I was amongst the Skoda’s. Han wanted some data and feedback, well he had plenty to see with us running side by side for a while and I was really struggling to get the power down in the hairpins. But thankfully the long straight released the mighty TVR and sorry Ernie, I would have given you a tow if I could but I had Steve in my sights, 20 seconds up the road, so I was on a mission.

Well done to the winners and many thanks Han for setting this up. I think another couple of cars in both classes would add to the choice and excitement but even with this combination, it was great fun. Thanks :thumbsup:

I was fully aware you were coming after me Paul. I was minimising my losses to you quite nicely until i decided to check the gap at 140 mph. Not a good idea as i hit the bridge pillar and stopped dead. It was all downhill after that but one hell of a lot of fun. I was too accurate with my fuel calc and did not have a margin so i came in for a splash on the last lap and there it was coming straight for me down the road, that damn Mini, i could not let that happen so drove like my life depended on it rather than be passed by that noisy little box. All lots of fun, thanks to all who made it happen guys

This is all from memory and i might have some details wrong:

That was much fun. The first five laps were action packed, with a nice tight group of cars racing neck and neck. The first good battle i can remember was with thomas. I tried repeatedly to squeak by him but couldn't get through. I finally got past in the switchbacks and, after getting a good run out of the last corner, began closing the gap to the group ahead.

Eventually i caught up with the next group which consisted of han, ernie, and guido. I spent a lot if time riding hans bumper, which was a good bit of fun. I was nervous that i would brake too late and cause an accident, but decided to stay close to keep the pressure on. (And to practice close range stalking) I stayed close until around lap 5.

It was strange to be battling against han, since he is a much faster driver than i am. It felt like being a kid walking around in dads shoes.

After lap 5 he slowly statted pulling away. There were times i could see his car in the distance, like at the top of the first long sweeping right hander where you can see forever. In the switchbacks i could see his bright orange paint through the trees, but he was consistently faster and steadily increased the gap until he disappeared from view. Once he was gone, i was alone and knew there was no way i was gonna catch up.

There was a group of cars far ahead and another group far behind, so i just kept up a decent pace and didnt push too hard. No need to kill the tires or smack a rouge hay-bail.

Thank you guys for a great afternoon of racing and congrats to the winners. these vintage car/ track combos are a blast and i think im generally improving because of them.

side note: what an amazing track this is. Its easy to forget its a race and not a countryside tour. The attention to detail is breathtaking! I know it may sound weird, but i actually have a favorite tree on this track. Before the bridge that leads to the ascending switchbacks there is a tree on the right side with a broken branch that hangs the wrong way. For some reason i get a little kick every time i drive past that tree. Thank you @Fat-Alfie.

Very nice to see all your enthousiastic reactions of this event!
Thanks all for joining and thus give me data for a next vintage championship.

My race was very exciting with great battles with Guido and Ernie in the first laps. Being very close to Guido I went a bit off track and lost about 8s which brought me in a battle with @beginer . Chris: you had great pace tonight! It was very intense especially when I was held up by Paul in his TVR in the hairpin section where the Skoda is probably faster than the Griffith. But because his accelleration is so much better, I couldn't pass him. When Paul got out of sight on the straight and Chris had somewhere a bad exit I could concentrate on better lap times to see if I could close the gap to Guido. I managed to gain a few tenths a lap but that wasn't enough to catch him.

Well done everyone and congrats to the podium!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back